The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 am

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:When I'm w......when I'm wr......when I'm wro.....if I make a mistake, I'll let you know.

Once you clear up that stutter.

Fonzie doesn't stutter.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby oldfella » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 am

He had his own way of stuttering booney my mate
Absolutely classic line you quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMKjLe-RFA
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:When I'm w......when I'm wr......when I'm wro.....if I make a mistake, I'll let you know.

Fonzie doesn't stutter.

Ive always considered you more of an Al than a Fonzie big fella. :-)

Yep yep yep yep
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Fonzie doesn't stutter.

Ive always considered you more of an Al than a Fonzie big fella. :-)

Yep yep yep yep

I always pictured him as a potsy. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Hazydog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Interesting article from the West re the pros and cons of a National AFL Reserves Comp..

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/handy- ... b88432147z
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:36 pm

I think there should be a AFL Reserves comp.

I don't think it will have a more negative impact on state leagues that the current situation.

In fact, I see it as a positive.

The state leagues can then brand them as the alternative they once were.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think there should be a AFL Reserves comp.

I don't think it will have a more negative impact on state leagues that the current situation.

a lot of it depends on whether the sanfl wants to be the lowest professional league (as it arguably is now) or the highest amateur league, which it would likely become if there was a national reserves comp

the first one comes at a massive cost to tradition which has probably already happened. the latter comes at a cost to the quality of the comp. and would the clubs survive that financially?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby UK Fan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 am

bennymacca wrote:

a lot of it depends on whether the sanfl wants to be the lowest professional league (as it arguably is now) or the highest amateur league, which it would likely become if there was a national reserves comp

the first one comes at a massive cost to tradition which has probably already happened. the latter comes at a cost to the quality of the comp. and would the clubs survive that financially?

Please keep your useless scaremongering to yourself. There's been an afl reserves comp before and it did nothing to our leagues status.

We have over 300 pages of complaints about how nobody gives a flying duck about afl reserves.

Which only the truly stupid and most self indulgent afl fan could even attempt to turn it into a "but an afl reserves comp no one will give a shit about will turn the sanfl into an ammos league" threat.

Have you not taken in anything from the last 300 pages at all.........

Which part of nobody gives a Virat Kohli about the 26th to 40th best player on afl list running around with a different bunch of top ups each week. Aka the 100 fans that go to support the ravens each week have you not understood.

Not even KickInIt was as clueless as this clown. Get a clue or stfu when it comes to the sanfl.

As You seriously have nfi.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:48 pm

UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Please keep your useless scaremongering to yourself. There's been an afl reserves comp before and it did nothing to our leagues status.

We have over 300 pages of complaints about how nobody gives a flying duck about afl reserves.

Which only the truly stupid and most self indulgent afl fan could even attempt to turn it into a "but an afl reserves comp no one will give a shit about will turn the sanfl into an ammos league" threat.

Which part of nobody gives a Virat Kohli about the 26th to 40th best player on afl list running around with a different bunch of top ups each week. Aka the 100 fans that go to support the ravens each week have you not understood.

Not even KickInIt was as clueless as this clown. Get a clue or stfu when it comes to the sanfl.

Don't bother lad, some people can't see past their own smug sense of righteousness.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby RB » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I don't think it would have an impact financially. I'm not sure that anyone who still goes cares that much about the quality. At the very least, I can't think that a further decline in quality is going to cause people who are still going to stop going/buying memberships.

Those who are concerned solely with the quality of football probably left for the AFL 25 years ago.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Hazydog » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Love how every other Frrigging comp in the country has started other than the SANFULL.. Ammos, Country, you name it.

And of course we start in the week of a Showdown...

Couldn't manage ducks to water.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 pm

There are whispers from West Lakes that this is their last year in the SANFL
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:There are whispers from West Lakes that this is their last year in the SANFL

Please be true. [-o<
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Magellan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:There are whispers from West Lakes that this is their last year in the SANFL

Please be true. [-o<

But without this issue Magellan you will have to face up to North's current situation.. Surely this is a welcome distraction ;)
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Please be true. [-o<

But without this issue Magellan you will have to face up to North's current situation.. Surely this is a welcome distraction ;)

We face our own demons at Prospect with our without the apathetic meddling of the AFL sides.

Whether we can be bothered doing anything about them, however, is another matter. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:38 am

Doubt anything will change whilst Olsen\Parkinson is in charge I'm afraid

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:49 am

Grenville wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Don't bother lad, some people can't see past their own smug sense of righteousness.

Nah you see he's not unique at all. We have had many exactly like him over the years. An Afl fan with a massive opinion of himself cos they support an afl club and we don't. So naturally they know more than everyone.

He's no different to Been real, red and black,Hondo kickinit etc......:. That have all come and gone over the years.

It just takes some longer than others but Ben will soon catch up like the all the rest before him.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:15 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Grenville wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Nah you see he's not unique at all. We have had many exactly like him over the years. An Afl fan with a massive opinion of himself cos they support an afl club and we don't. So naturally they know more than everyone.

He's no different to Been real, red and black,Hondo kickinit etc......:. That have all come and gone over the years.

It just takes some longer than others but Ben will soon catch up like the all the rest before him.

I'd hardly put red and black in that category
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Grenville wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

UK Fan wrote:Nah you see he's not unique at all. We have had many exactly like him over the years. An Afl fan with a massive opinion of himself cos they support an afl club and we don't. So naturally they know more than everyone.

:roll: ](*,) =))
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ronnie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 am

Excellent article by former Labor Senator Chris Schacht today in the paper. Details the set up of both SA based AFL clubs who are controlled wholly by the AFL.
No members (only ticket holders) No AGMs, all Board Members appointed or vetted by the AFL Commission. No members therefore no meaningful input into how these clubs are actually run and managed. You hand over serious money to hold a ticket to the games is the extent of it. These clubs are effectively franchise outlets of the AFL Commission, based in Melbourne.

Another reason why it is completely inappropriate to have these two AFL outlets in a legitimate footballing competition such as the SANFL.
I find it staggering that this situation is tolerated let alone largely ignored by the masses as it apparently has been.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL