Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:36 am

Sass! wrote:I think the decision for Modbury to have an E grade was somewhat ambitious after that result.. wasnt aware that we only had 19 blokes, concerning considering our C grade didnt have a game so there would have been more fringe players to pick from for the first round.. Wondering if Payneham had the luxury of picking some fringe C graders in their D's? this could of distorted the score line somewhat.. no issue with doing that by the way, just wondering if that led to the result.

Either way, our club is in a difficult (although healthy) situation where we have too many blokes for 4 sides but just shy of enough for 5 sides.

From what I was told a couple of Modbury blokes had doubled up playing a D Grade game at 10:15 than an E Grade game at 4:00 (which would be bloody hard enough on the body!)

Most of the PNU C Grade played in the B Grade Trial (which would indicate it's going to be a long year for Northies reserves). My suspicion is the result on Saturday showed the gap between 7R and C6 is reasonably substantial
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:54 am

jo172 wrote:
Sass! wrote:I think the decision for Modbury to have an E grade was somewhat ambitious after that result.. wasnt aware that we only had 19 blokes, concerning considering our C grade didnt have a game so there would have been more fringe players to pick from for the first round.. Wondering if Payneham had the luxury of picking some fringe C graders in their D's? this could of distorted the score line somewhat.. no issue with doing that by the way, just wondering if that led to the result.

Either way, our club is in a difficult (although healthy) situation where we have too many blokes for 4 sides but just shy of enough for 5 sides.

From what I was told a couple of Modbury blokes had doubled up playing a D Grade game at 10:15 than an E Grade game at 4:00 (which would be bloody hard enough on the body!)

Most of the PNU C Grade played in the B Grade Trial (which would indicate it's going to be a long year for Northies reserves). My suspicion is the result on Saturday showed the gap between 7R and C6 is reasonably substantial

Yep, correct.. Our E grade was made up of a number of blokes who havent trained, or possibly touched a football in 2017... with all our teams playing this week and everyone pushing for selection, i think a fair few blokes will be pushed down the grades which should result in some more attractive scorelines for our 5th side. lets hope!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby retiredhack » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:54 am

Speaking of Modbury - I was surprised to see the scoreline as bad as it was in the Modbury v Towns game in the C grade on the weekend.

I caught the first half of it and it was maybe 7 or 8 goals at half time in favour of Modbury but i am not sure if Edwardstown had any players on the bench the whole game? which obviously doesn't help. Modbury looked pretty well drilled with ball movement but Edwardstown had some not too bad onballers battling away for them with their young skinny ruckman who could leap(a guy with a beard and one guy with both shoulders heavy strapped , albeit with C grade fitness )

Modbury were kicking long to a full forward who was marking almost everything. How many did he kick in the end with the score blowout?

would have been bloody hard for any of the guys to back up in another game later in the day if that was the case! huge effort
retiredhack
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:58 am

retiredhack wrote:Speaking of Modbury - I was surprised to see the scoreline as bad as it was in the Modbury v Towns game in the C grade on the weekend.

I caught the first half of it and it was maybe 7 or 8 goals at half time in favour of Modbury but i am not sure if Edwardstown had any players on the bench the whole game? which obviously doesn't help. Modbury looked pretty well drilled with ball movement but Edwardstown had some not too bad onballers battling away for them with their young skinny ruckman who could leap(a guy with a beard and one guy with both shoulders heavy strapped , albeit with C grade fitness )

Modbury were kicking long to a full forward who was marking almost everything. How many did he kick in the end with the score blowout?

would have been bloody hard for any of the guys to back up in another game later in the day if that was the case! huge effort

Hodgey was full forward, finished the day with a lazy 10, not a bad effort from a bloke with a bung knee in his late 30's! Had a few Edwardstowns blokes ask if he was a regular B or C grader for us, they were pretty dissapointed to here that he would be in our D grade all year so they will have to see him again! id expect our D grade to be pretty competitive in C4.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Masha » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Zartan wrote:C6 looks a good sort...

PNU have assembled their band of out of date footballers who can still kick a ball
Adel Uni look a likely sort - but may be tested when work commitments take priority..
Old iggies will be tough to beat and keep sides honest
Brahma bound to benefit from heavy recruitment and point restriction above, they'll be tough to beat.
Elizabeth - saw them first hand last year and liked what i saw.. they've recruited well and should be good, will know more after Rd 2
Ingle Farm - huge improver on last season, give an honest effort but not world beater, still behind the pack.
Adel Luth despite filling points in A grade and filtering down, expect they'll be similar to ingle farm.. holidays hurt..
Modbury are rubbish
Trinity will struggle
Glenunga are spuds

Feel Eliz and PNU will be tough to beat. We were slightly fortunate to get the choccies against IF after battling the last qtr into the wind. IF will be a competitive side if they keep that side all year. See how Trinity will shape up this week, hopefully they get a side up.

Maybe its too early to tell.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby finn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Saw Rosewater v Adelaide Uni in c5 on Saturday. Rosewater had some willing guys and a few decent older folk but were generally outclassed. Game was played in good spirits however but I'd expect it to be a long year for them given first few rounds are generally the easiest to fill.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Yank Man » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:01 am

Sass! wrote:
retiredhack wrote:Speaking of Modbury - I was surprised to see the scoreline as bad as it was in the Modbury v Towns game in the C grade on the weekend.

Hodgey was full forward, finished the day with a lazy 10, not a bad effort from a bloke with a bung knee in his late 30's! Had a few Edwardstowns blokes ask if he was a regular B or C grader for us, they were pretty dissapointed to here that he would be in our D grade all year so they will have to see him again! id expect our D grade to be pretty competitive in C4.

Modbury were very good, plenty of older experienced heads. The young skinny ruckman is an Under 18 and goes ok for a pup. There was also 3 other Under 18's in the team as well. Towns were a few short in numbers due to other commitments but it was a good experience for the kids to play against a quality C grade team.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Trinity OS pulled their C Grade to be replaced by North Haven.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby kirchey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:33 pm

is that North Havens C grade coming down or are they bringing back their D Grade?
kirchey
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:48 pm

I'd imagine it's the return of the Havens D Grade
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Great effort by North Haven to field 4 sides
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 pm

jo172 wrote:I'd imagine it's the return of the Havens D Grade

Correct Jo, it's been in the works over the past week. Initially the D grade was dropped because the D grade coach couldn't commit to coaching this season. I saw this as a blessing in disguise as it has strengthened up the C grade and the B grade. But with 15 plus guys missing out on a game in round one and with all the new players that have come out in the last two weeks the numbers are there to fill a forth side. Great for these guys that missed out on playing C grade to now being able to get a game, I just hope the new blokes stick around through the season so getting the D grade up and running again is worthwhile.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Correct Jo, it's been in the works over the past week. Initially the D grade was dropped because the D grade coach couldn't commit to coaching this season. I saw this as a blessing in disguise as it has strengthened up the C grade and the B grade. But with 15 plus guys missing out on a game in round one and with all the new players that have come out in the last two weeks the numbers are there to fill a forth side. Great for these guys that missed out on playing C grade to now being able to get a game, I just hope the new blokes stick around through the season so getting the D grade up and running again is worthwhile.

Dark Knight are they playing this week?
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Dark Knight are they playing this week?

It looks as though the D grades first game will be in round three according to the fixture. This weeks TOS v BL match has been marked as a forfit.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Great signs for Havens and for footy
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 pm

The Trinity Old Scholars Football Club would like to confirm that we will not be fielding a C - grade side in the Adelaide Football League this season.
After our C grade forfeited its opening match, we have decided to consolidate our playing numbers amongst our senior sides, giving the club a chance to take a breather and focus on our next steps, rather than battling to field a side every week.
However, rest assured, we will do all in our power in coming seasons to reinstate a C grade team and will do so when the situation is sustainable.
The club understands this will be a disappointing move for some, but we believe it is in the club’s best interests and hope you will support us in what was a tough, but important, decision.
We hope that all players will remain with the club, as with 17 games remaining in the minor round, all will have the opportunity to play in higher grades during the season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:37 pm

How many weeks for that hit Finn? Be close to life?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:53 am

Old Iggies in C6 are a good side, think along with PNU they're the early fancies.

Ingle Farm C grade were as strong as they've been in a while, had a full bench and Old Iggies just blew them away with their speed, fitness, height and discipline.

They'll be fitter that PNU, but lack the polish still to really challenge.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:16 am

Zartan wrote:Old Iggies in C6 are a good side, think along with PNU they're the early fancies.

Ingle Farm C grade were as strong as they've been in a while, had a full bench and Old Iggies just blew them away with their speed, fitness, height and discipline.

They'll be fitter that PNU, but lack the polish still to really challenge.

Old Iggies should win this grade by a mile - they were in C5 last season and played off in the GF against North Haven. All young and quick. I always thought that they should have remained in C5 but for whatever reason were put back in C6.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 am

TEX07 wrote:Old Iggies should win this grade by a mile - they were in C5 last season and played off in the GF against North Haven. All young and quick. I always thought that they should have remained in C5 but for whatever reason were put back in C6.

Didn't realise that! They are well ahead of other sides i've seen in C6 in recent times, and they were relentless - gave nothing away.. tackled well, very disciplined with manning up, really fit, very quick.. slick side.

Foot skills let them down a bit at times, and the centre clearances prob need a bit of work, but their ability to transition from back to forward so quickly was very impressive... and just did not stop running!! :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League