No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby morell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:50 pm

oldman wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
oldman wrote:A couple of interesting games this weekend. Flag favorites Fitzroy looking to bounce back after an unexpected loss taking on the most impressive winner from round 1 Elizabeth. Think I might try and get down and watch this one. The other game that looks to be a good contest is the Salisbury West taking on Pulteney, SW lost few players this year but looked to have recruited well and they really pushed west Croydon last week.

It will be interesting to see if the WC v SW result reflects more on SW having improved or WC having slipped well back to the pack..

Over the years how much do the sides coming up from 7 to 6 need to improve? I would have thought SW would be competitive with the team they had last year now playing div6
Need to add 10 A Grade players and another 10 who are capable of stepping up to provide depth.

About a 20 goal difference, on average.

D1 to D2 and D6 to D7 are the biggest gaps IMO
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 pm

oldman wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
oldman wrote:A couple of interesting games this weekend. Flag favorites Fitzroy looking to bounce back after an unexpected loss taking on the most impressive winner from round 1 Elizabeth. Think I might try and get down and watch this one. The other game that looks to be a good contest is the Salisbury West taking on Pulteney, SW lost few players this year but looked to have recruited well and they really pushed west Croydon last week.

It will be interesting to see if the WC v SW result reflects more on SW having improved or WC having slipped well back to the pack..

Over the years how much do the sides coming up from 7 to 6 need to improve? I would have thought SW would be competitive with the team they had last year now playing div6

You would need to recruit a few quality players to your A grade side if you are looking to either hold ya spot or have a crack at finals. Keeping the same list may not do you any favours if trying to avoid relegation.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Talking to some of the TOSers since and they were genuinely impressed.

But, Dave is experienced enough to know flags are not won 'because you've come down from div 5' and definitely aren't won in March.

I love the way you make it sound like people actually talk to you ;)

They don't?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby hfoxe16 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:04 pm

Some massive wins from the teams in the B Grade could the top 5 already be known after the first round? very doubtful just need a few players in the June/July period to head over to Europe to affect a sides chances.

Interesting to note
Pulteney had 9 Players from their Div 5 GF win last year play in Round 1
West Croydon had 0 players from their Div 6 GF last year play in Round 1
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby cossi11 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:20 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Some massive wins from the teams in the B Grade could the top 5 already be known after the first round? very doubtful just need a few players in the June/July period to head over to Europe to affect a sides chances.

Interesting to note

Is this legit? Is this the A or B grade?
Either way it is unreal... 22 blokes who played in the GF last year are not in the side at all... wow!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 pm

cossi11 wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:West Croydon had 0 players from their Div 6 GF last year play in Round 1

Either way it is unreal... 22 blokes who played in the GF last year are not in the side at all... wow!

B Grade - they had 2x from the GF (Sawtell, Wilcox).. 4x were in the A Grade.

Fair few to return after the Easter break is what i'm hearing though, expect West Croydon will pick up in the 2's after that.

A Grade had 9x from the GF play (+4 that played B Grade GF).
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Some massive wins from the teams in the B Grade could the top 5 already be known after the first round?

Wouldn't think so, still think Fitzroy, TOS, Brahma and West Croydon will be around the mark come seasons end.

Fitzroy have the depth this year, just ran into a very strong Pulteney.
Trinity still have plenty to return including Kreig, Lemmon, Clarke, Ebert, Perry, Dahlgren etc.
Brahma had a few late outs on Saturday, and a few still to return, they will win more than they lose - very potent forward line.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Some massive wins from the teams in the B Grade could the top 5 already be known after the first round?

Wouldn't think so, still think Fitzroy, TOS, Brahma and West Croydon will be around the mark come seasons end.

Fitzroy have the depth this year, just ran into a very strong Pulteney.
Trinity still have plenty to return including Kreig, Lemmon, Clarke, Ebert, Perry, Dahlgren etc.
Brahma had a few late outs on Saturday, and a few still to return, they will win more than they lose - very potent forward line.

Zartan, The Purple of div 6 Footy
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby oldman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Zartan wrote:
cossi11 wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:West Croydon had 0 players from their Div 6 GF last year play in Round 1

Fair few to return after the Easter break is what i'm hearing though, expect West Croydon will pick up in the 2's after that.

That is a huge turnover of players. Surely player retention is more important than new recruits? What's with the movement between Salisbury West and Salisbury North have west picked up any top end talent or more just depth players?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:36 am

hfoxe16 wrote:Some massive wins from the teams in the B Grade could the top 5 already be known after the first round? very doubtful just need a few players in the June/July period to head over to Europe to affect a sides chances.

Interesting to note

umm think if you check that out West Croydon had i think 9 players from their Division 6 Grand Final side play Saturday against Salisbury West.
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:58 am

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:

Interesting to note

umm think if you check that out West Croydon had i think 9 players from their Division 6 Grand Final side play Saturday against Salisbury West.

umm think you'll find he was talking about the B grade
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 am

Zartan wrote:
cossi11 wrote:

Thanks Zartan your all over it!

Don't know how I missed those 2 players might need to go back to year 1 and learn to count.

Do you know how many are expected to come back as 6 out of 22 from GF (B GRADE) day is quite the turnover. -WC
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:50 am

human_torpedo wrote:
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:

Interesting to note

umm think you'll find he was talking about the B grade

Keep up dopey :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 am

hfoxe16 wrote:Do you know how many are expected to come back as 6 out of 22 from GF (B GRADE) day is quite the turnover. -WC

I wouldn't know exactly, but looking over the list of names of players who played regularly last year, didn't play Round 1 and have no clearances out there is:

Brad Bunting
Chris Smith
Dane Bottrell
Eddie Wilson
Elias Cuellar (doubt he will play)
Floyd Freeman
Gordon Weetra
Josh Dickenson
Leigh Bottrell
Lindsay Bassani
Michael Francis
Peter Horsman
Ryan Towns
Scott Chamings (more a C grader)
Stuart Beaton
Will Patrick

Then in the A grade:
Ali Vessali
Brad Halls
Cam McKinnon
Gary Sumpton
Nathan Dickenson
Ryan Davies
Steven Cooper
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 pm

After a realitivly successful prediction of round 1 I'll try again for round 2

Fitzroy vs Elizabeth
Should be the game of the round with Fitzroy suffering a shock loss at home against a side they most definitely thought they should beat. It will be interesting to see how this new group of players respond as another loss at home will see them already off the pace. Fitzroy have a strong target up forward with Gerardis and the wise head of Bourke but their midfield depth looks questionable at the early stage. Elizabeth on the other hand could not have been more impressive with a thumping of what is said to be an undermanned TOS. The facts remain you can only beat the team put in front of you and to do it with such an even spread has definitely opened a few eyes. Elizabeth go deeper in the midfield and with such a unpredictable forward line I see them getting the job done.
Elizabeth by 4 goals

Houghton vs West Croydon
Its really hard to line these 2 teams up. WC got the job done against a tough never say die Salisbury West in what was a scrappy affair. WC looked to have covered the loss of players in the off-season and they will be desperate this year to make amends on what was a disappointing end to 2016. Houghton on the other hand would have penciled last week in as a win away from home. The top end talent is there but is the depth? I'm worried that they don't quite have enough genuine A grade footballers and to much is left to to few come game day. They are always hard to beat at home and that should help them keep this one close.
WC by 6 goals

Ingle Farm vs Mawson Lakes
Ingle Farm are definitely on the rise after building for a couple of seasons they have the most settled and stable list in div6. A well coached side got the job done in round 1 and they will be looking to continue that momentum this weekend. Probably the best midfield in the competition with a gun ruckman always gives them the advantage and with a potent forward line kicking a winning score most weeks will hold them in good stead. The gun Grant got off to a brilliant start and looms as the big difference. ML got off to a winning start and had a really good contribution from all 21 players
I don't know much about them but they seemed to have lost a few top end players from last year which may make this a challenging year for them.
Ingle Farm by 10 goals

Salisbury West vs Pulteney
SW would be bitterly disappointed with a round 1 loss. They will come out firing this weekend and may look to try and intimidate the college boys. They have lost some quality players from last season but still pushed the best team from div6 last year. Will the coach pull the boots on in a hope to find another avenue to goal they look to lack a little goal scoring power however the midfield goes quote deep and is very even. Probably the biggest shock from round 1 was Pulteney to beat the flag favorites first up not many saw that coming. They have some good depth at the club which is obvious with their B grade results over the past few years. They will be looking to sneak another away win and head to the Easter break sitting pretty. In what looks to be a very even team with no standouts they may prove to strong across the board for SW.
Pulteney by 3 goals

Brahma Lodge vs TOS
Both teams looking to get a win on the board. BL pushed Ingle Farm who I believe are one of the sides to beat so that alone makes them hard to beat this weekend. There was plenty of talk about where are the goals to come from with 25 scoring shots last week that is more than enough to win most games. All the talk about TOS was about how many players were missing so I'm not reading too much into last week and will judge them after round 2.
BL by 6 goals
oldman
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:05 pm

oldman wrote:After a realitivly successful prediction of round 1 I'll try again for round 2

Careful, we know what happened to the other guy who posted his writeups for Rd 1 :lol: ;)

Good read though, done well =D>
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Zartan wrote:
oldman wrote:After a realitivly successful prediction of round 1 I'll try again for round 2

Careful, we know what happened to the other guy who posted his writeups for Rd 1 :lol: ;)

Good read though, done well =D>

Actually I have no idea what happened to the other bloke?
oldman
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm

oldman wrote:Actually I have no idea what happened to the other bloke?

:shock: ... he left the division a few days later.. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Im not convinced Fitzroy are flag faves, or that Pulteney knocking them off was a shock at all.. Or am I missing something Oldman?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby carey » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:20 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Im not convinced Fitzroy are flag faves, or that Pulteney knocking them off was a shock at all.. Or am I missing something Oldman?

I would have Elizabeth a pretty short priced flag fav's with Pulteney, Ingle Farm and Fitzroy behind them.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League