HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Moser playing this week WK?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 am

Hopefully lk
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

wonder_kid wrote:I was at at the game and yea wasn't great viewing skills class and size were the difference ..umpiring was atrocious for both teams...

I would say when you are a lower side on the table and most times second to the ball you will always think that the Umpires are against ya. BUT to put it out there wont help your cause.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:I was at at the game and yea wasn't great viewing skills class and size were the difference ..umpiring was atrocious for both teams...

I would say when you are a lower side on the table and most times second to the ball you will always think that the Umpires are against ya. BUT to put it out there wont help your cause.

Pretty sure he said BOTH teams.
Too many square ups for original errors made it frustrating for players.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Yes for both sides like I said please read carefully...
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Toto » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Maccy rolled meadows! Not sure what to make of that?
Birdwood pushed Nairne, at Nairne, good signs for the roosters.
Kersbrook got over the line against Ironbank at home, showing they've still got it!
Gumeracha rolled kangarilla, no surprise there.

Brad lees seems to be back to his mercurial best.
I was at the Birdwood V Nairne game this week, and Jock Mcleay is moving as well as I've seen for a while. Took some strong contested grabs. But not to be outdone, the Rams new ruckman was probably the best player on the ground. Didn't see him lose a hitout all day, can seriously move for a big man.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Toto wrote:Maccy rolled meadows! Not sure what to make of that?
Birdwood pushed Nairne, at Nairne, good signs for the roosters.
Kersbrook got over the line against Ironbank at home, showing they've still got it!
Gumeracha rolled kangarilla, no surprise there.

Brad lees seems to be back to his mercurial best.
I was at the Birdwood V Nairne game this week, and Jock Mcleay is moving as well as I've seen for a while. Took some strong contested grabs. But not to be outdone, the Rams new ruckman was probably the best player on the ground. Didn't see him lose a hitout all day, can seriously move for a big man.

Was a bit shocked to see the meadows v Maccy result. Hard to tell if maccy just had a shocker versus birdwood or meadows might not be to good.
Looks to be a pretty even comp with gums certainly improving.

Was a good game yesterday at Ironbank. Kersbrook looked to be well on top at half time but we got on top in the 3rd quarter and had our chances in the last but couldn't quite get in front. Hats of to kersbrook they were the better side and whilst reasonably old are skilful and smart. Even though we are zip and two it's been enjoyable coming down and playing in some good quality even games.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Ironbank struggling for junior teams this year?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:Ironbank struggling for junior teams this year?

Yes sadly. I wont go into specifics but the whole process of going down to div 2 was handled fairly poorly in my opinion in regards to communication with the juniors which led to a lot of disgruntled Juniors. We were always in trouble with under 15s this year which happens in small towns but we went from having roughly 30 under 17s to a dozen and a lot of those players were very handy. The few 17s that stayed are playing either Bs or As and it's good to see them playing senior footy. We have under 9s,11s and 13s with decent numbers but it will be a struggle for a couple of years.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby B&F » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Round 3

Back into it after a week off hope everyone enjoyed a bit of a break, my tips for this week:

Birdwood Vs Kangarilla - I see Birdwood getting a nice % booster here and being too strong to Kangarilla at home. Birdwood by 20 goals +.
Bridgewater Vs Macclesfield - first 2 rounds have been interesting for Macclesfield, by the looks of the score lines either Maccy where terrible against Birdwood and showed up against Meadows or Meadows are just not in the top teams this season. Be interesting to see if this game gives the league an indication where Maccy are and if they are the team to make up that 4th of 5th spot. I still say Bridgewater are going to be too good and Bridgewater by 5 goals.
Gumeracha Vs Kersbrook - A test for Gumeracha at home and also to see if Kersbrook have slipped back at all. Likely to be the closest game of the round and Kersbrook by 2 goals.
Meadows Vs Nairne - Meadows would not be happy with the result against Macclesfield, by the looks of the scoreline would say they would need to improve their accuracy on goals if they are to come close to Nairne. See Nairne being too strong here and getting up by 5 - 10 goals.
B&F

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 am

A non football story but some of you may remember a young blond haired lad called Karl Goody that played for Maccy between about 2007 and 2010 and apparently lives in Melbourne these days. He is a part of Magic Bloodstock Syndications which just happens to be one of the owners of the racehorse WINX. Good on him cos you could live for a thousand years and you might still never be involved in owning a horse like that.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Toto » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:18 am

Winter is here!!!!

Here are my tips for the round, I think this is the round of the season! Will be close games across the board!

Meadows v kangy
Meadows will be disappointed with two losses to start the season, matched it with the Rams for a fair chunk of the game last week. Meadows by 5 goals

Ironbank v Gumeracha
Will be a lot closer than most think, gym are physical and have two of the leagues best players in Mumford and Hanna. Think the bankers will get them with depth and an even spread. Ironbank by 3 goals

Kersbrook v Birdwood
Very evenly matched last year until the semi final. Flip of the coin here, going to say the brookers by under a goal at home.

Nairne v Bridgewater
The grand final rematch!
These two have had some epic games in the last 2 years, play similar fast footy. Good to watch! Another flip of the coin here, going with the Rams by a point at Nairne.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby TooNice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Good luck to the ladies in Div 2 (And Div 1) who play their first senior game on Sunday. Teams from Ironbank, Kangarilla and Nairne join Mt Barker, Blackwood and Mt Lofty in the Women's league. It will be the first actual game for a lot of these ladies - so welcome to our great game and enjoy!
TooNice
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:13 pm

TooNice wrote:Good luck to the ladies in Div 2 (And Div 1) who play their first senior game on Sunday. Teams from Ironbank, Kangarilla and Nairne join Mt Barker, Blackwood and Mt Lofty in the Women's league. It will be the first actual game for a lot of these ladies - so welcome to our great game and enjoy!

Almost time for a HFLW comp.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:44 pm

cracka wrote:
TooNice wrote:Good luck to the ladies in Div 2 (And Div 1) who play their first senior game on Sunday. Teams from Ironbank, Kangarilla and Nairne join Mt Barker, Blackwood and Mt Lofty in the Women's league. It will be the first actual game for a lot of these ladies - so welcome to our great game and enjoy!

Yes by the sound of things... a young lady I know is playing her first game on Sunday for one of these teams, a handy netballer it will be interesting to hear how she handles the transition.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Corona Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

Yes by the sound of things... a young lady I know is playing her first game on Sunday for one of these teams, a handy netballer it will be interesting to hear how she handles the transition.

Pretty sure Bridgewater & Loby have had come & try days for the girls as well.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm

cracka wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

Pretty sure Bridgewater & Loby have had come & try days for the girls as well.

Time the Dees got on board!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Slightly off topic but the Ironbank girls had a big win over Kangy, while the Nairne girls got beaten.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby B&F » Thu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Round 5 Tips

Birdwood Vs Gumeracha - Most likely the game of the round, Birdwood have seem to be testing the sides above them from last year and traveling quiet well. Gumeracha has improved and see this game as the one which will determine 5th spot on the ladder. Will be a close one that goes down the last kick of the day and I see Birdwood just getting up by a goal.
Bridgewater Vs Kangarilla - Bridgewater too strong for Kangarilla with runners on the callington deck should easily account for Kangarilla. Bridgewater by 10 goals +.
Meadows Vs Kersbrook - If Meadows are to content in finals again this year they need to start knocking off these teams above them at home, might be close if Kersbrook's injury list is growing, but see Kersbrook being too good and getting the win by a few goals.
Ironbank Vs Macclesfield - Another close one here I think, picking Macclesfield here in a bit of an upset, Ironbank wasted opportunities last week and will need to improve if they want to match it with Macclesfield. Macclesfield by a goal.
B&F

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat May 06, 2017 11:52 am

Blake Moser named for Kangarilla. Best of luck to the big fella he on his own will improve Kangarilla's scores. Out and out gun!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy