AFL Round 5

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 5

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm not sure they can hold your offensive game, in the two games they'd had against quality opposition they conceded 18 goals to both Melbourne and West Coast. Against Brisbane and Collingwood 11 and 7 goals. Against Brisbane and Collingwood they only managed 14 and 9 respectively themselves.

Fair to say both West Coast and Melbourne's midfield is better than Collingwood and Brisbane's, Geelong's is better than all of them. St Kilda's mids won't hold you out and I don't see their forwards kicking 110+ points to beat you.

Geelong will get their 50+ I50's and that'll be too much for the Saints to hold out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Booney wrote:I'm not sure they can hold your offensive game, in the two games they'd had against quality opposition they conceded 18 goals to both Melbourne and West Coast. Against Brisbane and Collingwood 11 and 7 goals. Against Brisbane and Collingwood they only managed 14 and 9 respectively themselves.

Fair to say both West Coast and Melbourne's midfield is better than Collingwood and Brisbane's, Geelong's is better than all of them. St Kilda's mids won't hold you out and I don't see their forwards kicking 110+ points to beat you.

Geelong will get their 50+ I50's and that'll be too much for the Saints to hold out.

Is the game under the dome?

If so then yep 100% agree but if it was god forbid outside then with a bit of wind and rain it would drift back towards the saints.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:10 pm

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm not sure they can hold your offensive game, in the two games they'd had against quality opposition they conceded 18 goals to both Melbourne and West Coast. Against Brisbane and Collingwood 11 and 7 goals. Against Brisbane and Collingwood they only managed 14 and 9 respectively themselves.

Is the game under the dome?

If so then yep 100% agree but if it was god forbid outside then with a bit of wind and rain it would drift back towards the saints.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:Nice work by Melbourne for their Anzac guernsey. I won't compare it to anyone else's as that might upset Benny.

FB_IMG_1492657290157.jpg

Carn the Legs!
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Wedgie wrote:Nice work by Melbourne for their Anzac guernsey. I won't compare it to anyone else's as that might upset Benny.

FB_IMG_1492657290157.jpg

I agree Wegs, it's a ripper. I just hope no one goes 'the tuck' and takes away from a brilliant design.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:Im struggling with Essendon and Collingwood especially after witnessing how awful Collingwood were on Sunday first hand.

Essendumb by lots. Collingwood can't kick a score.

Essendumb will be stung by Worsfold's comments and I expect them to come out firing. The only risk is that these games are like Showdowns. No matter the form, the break between games and the ladder positions, they are normally closer than anticipated.

Collingwood are just horrible. Their forward line and ball use is horrendous.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:Anyone give St Kilda a chance against the Cats?
I do, it's the usual sort of game we drop and I thought the Saints got better as the game went on Sunday after starting extremely slow. They were very patient waiting for momentum to turn their way.
Reiwoldt is a beast with the amount of running he still does.

Sorry Wegs, I seem to be replying to all your questions.

Collingwood should've been 5 goals up at quarter time and won easily. St Kilda were horrible, but only less horrible than Collingwood.

Shocking game that one! Cats will win, despite the shorter break.

BTW;

Port 25+
Bulldogs 40+
Adelaide 15+
GWS 15+
Fremantle 15+
Geelong 25+
WCE
Richmond 15+
Essendon 25+
gadj1976
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:A part of me wishes the Anzac Day match was between two good teams but another part of me thinks it's genius having these two teams pulling a great crowd when they're both so ordinary.

For me these 2 clubs deserve Anzac Day and this should not be taken away for any club any where else. The 2 biggest clubs in Australia going head to head! Forget the bullshit with Essendon the last 5 years- they are a massive club and will rise again and deserve this day!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:44 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A part of me wishes the Anzac Day match was between two good teams but another part of me thinks it's genius having these two teams pulling a great crowd when they're both so ordinary.

For me these 2 clubs deserve Anzac Day and this should not be taken away for any club any where else. The 2 biggest clubs in Australia going head to head! Forget the bullshit with Essendon the last 5 years- they are a massive club and will rise again and deserve this day!

Sorry, no one "deserves" it, no footy club is owed ANZAC Day - no matter how "big" they allegedly are.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 am

Spargo wrote:

Sorry, no one "deserves" it, no footy club is owed ANZAC Day - no matter how "big" they allegedly are.

I agree, they should have the showdown, derby, Q-spot and the Bridge Battle thingy all on ANZAC Day.

It's an honour to participate on ANZAC Day at any level and AFL players shouldn't be denied that because they don't play for the Woods or the Bombers.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 am

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

FB_IMG_1492657290157.jpg

Or you could just stop trolling, that would be nice

Lol, anything you don't like is trolling to you and your one eye.
Boy who cried wolf and all that, started ignoring your troll calls many moons ago, your overuse of trolling is trolling in itself.
Boohoo.

You're a great advertisement for the site, congrats.

He should write a book "The Art Of Subtle Trolling"
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 am

cracka wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Or you could just stop trolling, that would be nice

Lol, anything you don't like is trolling to you and your one eye.
Boy who cried wolf and all that, started ignoring your troll calls many moons ago, your overuse of trolling is trolling in itself.
Boohoo.

You're a great advertisement for the site, congrats.

He should write a book "The Art Of Subtle Trolling"

Nah it would be called something like "Sense of humour for Dummies" or "Tips and Tricks for Gen Y to help survive in the big bad world without crying or whinging everyday", already started it as i have heaps of examples for the book already. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I agree, they should have the showdown, derby, Q-spot and the Bridge Battle thingy all on ANZAC Day.

It's an honour to participate on ANZAC Day at any level and AFL players shouldn't be denied that because they don't play for the Woods or the Bombers.

grand final replay would be the way to go imo.

could still do that, have an anzac double header with collingwood and essendon also playing (unless they make the grannie of course)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 am

Spargo wrote:

No ones stopping other games being programmed on ANZAC Day and next year there may even be 2 or 3 games on it but with Collingwood being the MCG's biggest tenant the AFL have pretty much guaranteed Essendon v Collingwood for as long as they want it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Minotaur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Spargo wrote:

pretty sure these 2 clubs built the day in to the spectacle we see today. In the early days it struggled for traction but they forced the AFL to stick with it. I'm not a supporter of either club but just seems that now its considered one of the biggest games of the year everyone else wants their piece of the pie! At least the crows are trying something different and trying to own Thursday night footy. Have games around ess v coll but never change it. The tradition is ingrained already
Minotaur
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:32 pm

I wish the AFL were just as committed to sticking to tradition regarding the rules of the game as they are about letting Coll vs Essendon playing this game every year
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm

I have no issue with Essendon and Collingwood ha ing it, I only raised the issue purely selfishly as someone who will be watching it and would prefer better teams involved.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Spargo wrote:

Those 2 clubs have done more than any other sporting club and most other businesses or organisations apart from the RSL in Australia to make ANZAC Day the day it is today not just in sport but also in society. 23 years ago the day had no where near the significance it has today. That's why I think it should stay the same teams.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Spargo wrote:

Like Friday night football.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Like Friday night football.

Nah, you're missing my point.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL