Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: AFL Round 5

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 pm

carey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I was just going to say this is terrible to watch, there's so many mistakes and turnovers. Port started on fire and I thought this is going to be an early blowout but Port have now been dragged down to Carlton's level in this second quarter.

Not sure about being dragged down to their standard. Port have too many players just not up to standard themselves. Poor decision making, slipping over, clumsy tackles, poor disposals. You name it, theyve done it.
Also when you flood your backline with 18 players, you have to have a Plan B to get the ball back down the other end. So many times you see players get the ball, look up and then have to go sideways or backwards or just give the ball off to a team mate under pressure simply because there is no one up field to kick the ball to. I HATE all the rule changes they make but if they could implement a rule to ensure that a team cant have 18 players in one half of the ground, i would be all for it.

Yeah the flooding from both sides is frustrating to watch.

It's the same 3 that make poor decisions every single time S. Grey, Amon and Young. Terrible game thus far apart from the first 10mins.

Blaming Dixon is a joke. He is working his ass off but bombing on his head simply isn't going to work, put it out in front of him and let him lead up.

Don't like Ryder palming backwards all the time either.

Should be at least 50+ in front right now.

Agree. Don't think I've ever seen him work as hard as he has tonight. Just not getting the delivery he deserves.
Love seeing R Gray as a permanent forward, has done little things that are very Betts like.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby stan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Port starting to pull the finger out. But christ add a shit game of footy with BT, Ling and Carey commentating and shit its a rough night.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 pm

As I finish typing he takes an awesome mark.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 pm

As I finish typing he shanks it from 15 out Andrew Jarman style.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm

FFS Robbie. You are shit
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Retract that last post.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Robran » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 pm

You can see why Gibbs wanted out,Carlton are terrible yes there playing kids but wow wee they look amateurish..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby stan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Carlton need to be careful of Cripps' back. Going to need surgery if he has to carry them all season.

stan
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Probably man up on R.Gray. just a thought.

Also Carlton **** off from Friday nights.

stan
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Robran wrote:You can see why Gibbs wanted out,Carlton are terrible yes there playing kids but wow wee they look amateurish..

Gibbs wanting out had nothing to do with Carlton.
And yes, kids are amateurish - that leads to terrible at times.
Wow wee indeed :roll:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spargo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Gibbs lining up from deep in the pocket
Some moron (amongst other like captains of industry) who looks like he's on day release is spewing abuse at him over the fence
BT comments "A little bit of advice from the drip tray there"... Gold :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Probably a good night for 7 to play MKR or some other reality show rather than the filth which is on my tv screen at the moment.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2399 times

Postby carey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 pm

2 or 3 votes to Wines? I'd go with;

3. R.Gray
2. O. Wines
1. P. Cripps

I have Ollie on 9 brownlow votes right now.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 pm

BT in the rooms after the game trying to talk to the players is f**king cringeworthy.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:BT in the rooms after the game trying to talk to the players is f**king cringeworthy.

He's just doing what he's paid for....
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:42 pm

carey wrote:2 or 3 votes to Wines? I'd go with;

3. R.Gray
2. O. Wines
1. P. Cripps

Wines was better than gray tonight imo
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2399 times

Postby carey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:13 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
carey wrote:2 or 3 votes to Wines? I'd go with;

3. R.Gray
2. O. Wines
1. P. Cripps

Wines was better than gray tonight imo

I agree mate but umpires love goal kickers. Possibly Gray missing a few as well might swing the maggots Wines way.

For mine tho as good as Gray was most of his goals were when the game was well and truely dusted. Wines was super early when the game needed to be won.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:15 am

As anyone who knows me well enough knows, I'm Carlton through and through. Tonight was tough. At work today, talking with Port faithful, I said "if we get within 8 goals, we've done well". They said "If we don't win by 10, we'll consider that a loss".

Given we had Polson playing his first game, Petrevski-Seton playing his fifth in a midfield with bigger AFL seasoned bodies like Wines, Boak, Broadbent, Polek etc, I thought we might be struggling getting our hands near it - Ryder back vs Phillips didn't help.

So 15 is about right'ish. We were horrible for most parts of the game. The second half of the first quarter, we stifled Port's run and it looked like we were working back into the game, however our finishing was shocking. The second quarter I thought we held our own but again our finishing was horrendous.

The third, we stopped running. Our tackling at that point was nigh on non existent and Port streamed through our defensive line at half forward/centre with ease, meaning our backs had no chance. For what its worth, i thought our best were our defence. Murphy and Gibbs weren't our worst, but definitely need help in there.

The last quarter was always going to be 'floodgates' at 20 paces. We kicked 4 after kicking only 2 for the first three quarters but leaked goals again. That's the highest score we've conceded this year but I fear it's not going to be our worst.

Port were good, but not great. To me, they lack that killer instinct. Really really good sides would've beaten us to a pulp tonight and Port didn't. 15 goals is a good win but it doesn't quite capture the gulf between the two sides for mine. To give you some idea - we had 7 teenagers, 10 blokes less than 12 games, 11 blokes 25 games or less.

Anyway, good night out had by all. I had a James Squire 6 pack that cost 60 bucks at the footy but I digress....

Going forward, our major concern in the next five years is that we have no mids other than Cripps. Curnow (Ed), Murph, Simmo and Gibbs will all be gone. Kruezer will be done and dusted in about 3 years time. Phillips isn't the answer... so who's next??? Some holes to fill but overall I'm still staying positive. I was there 3 years ago when we got done by 103 points and there was no bright light, no future. At least this time I can cling to something!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby stan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:51 am

gadj1976 wrote:As anyone who knows me well enough knows, I'm Carlton through and through. Tonight was tough. At work today, talking with Port faithful, I said "if we get within 8 goals, we've done well". They said "If we don't win by 10, we'll consider that a loss".

Given we had Polson playing his first game, Petrevski-Seton playing his fifth in a midfield with bigger AFL seasoned bodies like Wines, Boak, Broadbent, Polek etc, I thought we might be struggling getting our hands near it - Ryder back vs Phillips didn't help.

So 15 is about right'ish. We were horrible for most parts of the game. The second half of the first quarter, we stifled Port's run and it looked like we were working back into the game, however our finishing was shocking. The second quarter I thought we held our own but again our finishing was horrendous.

The third, we stopped running. Our tackling at that point was nigh on non existent and Port streamed through our defensive line at half forward/centre with ease, meaning our backs had no chance. For what its worth, i thought our best were our defence. Murphy and Gibbs weren't our worst, but definitely need help in there.

The last quarter was always going to be 'floodgates' at 20 paces. We kicked 4 after kicking only 2 for the first three quarters but leaked goals again. That's the highest score we've conceded this year but I fear it's not going to be our worst.

Port were good, but not great. To me, they lack that killer instinct. Really really good sides would've beaten us to a pulp tonight and Port didn't. 15 goals is a good win but it doesn't quite capture the gulf between the two sides for mine. To give you some idea - we had 7 teenagers, 10 blokes less than 12 games, 11 blokes 25 games or less.

Anyway, good night out had by all. I had a James Squire 6 pack that cost 60 bucks at the footy but I digress....

Going forward, our major concern in the next five years is that we have no mids other than Cripps. Curnow (Ed), Murph, Simmo and Gibbs will all be gone. Kruezer will be done and dusted in about 3 years time. Phillips isn't the answer... so who's next??? Some holes to fill but overall I'm still staying positive. I was there 3 years ago when we got done by 103 points and there was no bright light, no future. At least this time I can cling to something!

Phillips was ok, he is not a bad optiom and held his own at times. I think you also have Gorrinage on your list as well?
If I am correct then thats your rucking future as those 2 go ok.

I thought your bigger blokes did well.last night. Sam Rowe was excellent on Dixon and Ports big forwards didnt get away from you. But there small forwards destroyed you. Gray could have kicked anything last night.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL