6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am

Farmers = faves with Elizabeth. Last week Fitzroy were the faves oldman?

Little mention of the true favourites in both grades - Pulteney.. Cant work out what you have against them, or its a deliberate attempt to continually ignore the fact they are steam rolling all comers with ease..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 am

human_torpedo wrote:Farmers = faves with Elizabeth. Last week Fitzroy were the faves oldman?

Little mention of the true favourites in both grades - Pulteney.. Cant work out what you have against them, or its a deliberate attempt to continually ignore the fact they are steam rolling all comers with ease..

Come on mate, how could anyone rate the club sitting top of both grades, undefeated with ridiculous percentages a chance :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 am

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Farmers = faves with Elizabeth. Last week Fitzroy were the faves oldman?

Come on mate, how could anyone rate the club sitting top of both grades, undefeated with ridiculous percentages a chance :roll:

Yes how silly of me to think that - I guess my 'Intellectual capabilities' will shortly come under scrutiny like Q's
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 am

human_torpedo wrote:Yes how silly of me to think that - I guess my 'Intellectual capabilities' will shortly come under scrutiny like Q's

I personally enjoyed that little trading of blows yesterday haha :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Zartan did not attend because he was plotting the down full of the A grade coach......

Ingle Farm to lose by 4 goals and the coach to ponder why he cant beat a tosser

Ingle Farm can not shake Trinity 16 point win and Robb-Stark on the money with this pick :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 am

hfoxe16 wrote:Wow Trinity didn't expect that outcome looking forward to hearing Zartans report from the game. Obviously missed Steve Gannell presents in the ruck?

I'll start by saying these are my personal views and observations lol, the coaching staff and players probably see things different and may disagree.

Also that the result perhaps isnt as surprising to some as others - i did mention along with inallseriousness that TOS match up well with Ingle Farm, and historically the matches are always close.

I don't think missing Gannell was a significant impact, but having Keogh, Smart, Pope out, then losing Milera & Grant Saturday morning before the game had a bigger impact on the side.

Take nothing away from Trinity though, they deserve full credit for their win, they set the tone early and battled for 4 quarters for the win. They were ready to go from the start, far more switched on and jumped out the blocks early, and Eves up forward was creating headaches. Their game style of incorporating the 18 man zone caught a somewhat lazy Ingle Farm off guard in the 1st quarter, and forced multiple turnovers which they were able to capitilise on. Trinity took a 3.3 to 0.0 lead into the first break.

Farmers addressed some areas of concern, readjusted their game and were able to pull the game back onto their terms over the next two quarters - taking a 4 point lead into the last break.

Trinity stuck to their guns, and on the back of some hard running, bit of luck and poor decision making at times from Ingle Farm, they were able to wrestle control. Spagnolo somehow amongst the chaos managed to slip out the back and find himself free deep inside 50, marked and goaled twice, then on another two occasions received handballs over the top and ran into open goals... 4 goal last quarter from Spagnolo. Unfortunately a result of a make shift back 6 this week, which was a little disorganised at times.

Hooker & Clarke back for TOS were huge, Peters across half back was instrumental, particularly in the 1st and 4th quarters. Thought O'Hara was strong all day, hard to match up on, good set of hands!

Smith I thought was BOG by far, he was outstanding on a wing, ran exceptionally hard all day, and when the game was on the line he stepped up and Eves & Eves provided good targets across half forward.

Had a giggle when i saw Windebank named BOG on Sportingpulse - surely they're taking the piss? He would have to be the worst A grade ruckman i've ever seen.. soft as butter, poor work rate, didn't win a hit out and did nothing around the ground. If Ingle Farm had won, it would've been largely thanks to his inability to compete in the centre, allowing the Farmers midfield to win clearances.

Really good win for Trinity, good wake up call for Ingle Farm - very disappointed by the result, but will regroup and focus on this week.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 am

Ladder after Rd 3
6 - Pulteney
6 - Elizabeth
6 - West Croydon
4 - Ingle Farm
4 - Brahma Lodge
----------------------------------
2 - Trinity OS
2 - Mawson Lakes
0 - Salisbury West
0 - Fitzroy
0 - Houghton Districts

Round 4
Fitzroy v Trinity OS
Houghton Districts v Elizabeth
Mawson Lakes v Pulteney
Ingle Farm v West Croydon
Salisbury West v Brahma Lodge
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

Q. wrote:Witnessed one of the more bizarre abuses of power today when one our blokes was sent off for sarcastically clapping when we finally got given a free kick. Comical.

If you want to witness bizarre umpiring and abuses of power, play against North Haven D grade :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm

I correct my earlier statement of Ingle Farm for premiers and now state it after what I witnessed on Saturday as Pulteney OS as clear front runners. Never seen a well drilled team in the past 3 - 4 years. I don't care about how they tried to kick goals from every part of the ground. Just their run off the half back, there handballs to blokes running from behind and their press was purely impressive. If they can keep this up (in both grades) they will go far in finals.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 pm

How much would Salisbury West like to have McIntyre back in their team kicking 10 goals on Saturday very impressive and looks to be in great touch Brahma Lodge must be licking their lips.

Tough start for Fitzroy have played Pulteney, Elizabeth and Brahma Lodge for first 3 weeks of the year and is about to get harder with an inform Trinity.

Pulteney on the other hand have had the easy run it seems playing the bottom 4 teams for far to start season will truly know where they belong once they play the likes of West Croydon and Ingle Farm. Rd 5 & 6

Houghton look to be in a world of pain at the moment tough way to start the year with the coach (Family Reasons)and Brey moving on so early into the season. The backline will get a work out unless they can start winning the ball in the midfield with a lot of responsibility being left to Hall & Almond.

Ingle Farm will regroup and thanks to Zartans report missing 5-6 players to your starting line up does hurt the overall team structure. Game of the week sees West Croydon visit Bulldog park in what should be great contest of finals type football.

Round 4 Early and never right Predictions
Trinity by 24 points
Elizabeth by 65 points
Pulteney by 50 points
Ingle Farm by 13 points
Salisbury West by 5 points
Last edited by hfoxe16 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Masha » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:How much would Salisbury West like to have McIntyre back in their team kicking 10 goals on Saturday very impressive and looks to be in great touch Brahma Lodge must be licking their lips.

Tough start for Fitzroy have played Pulteney, Elizabeth and Brahma Lodge for first 3 weeks of the year and is about to get harder with an inform Trinity.

Pulteney on the other hand have had the easy run it seems playing the bottom 4 teams for far to start season will truly know where they belong once they play the likes of West Croydon and Ingle Farm. Rd 5 & 6

Houghton look to be in a world of pain at the moment tough way to start the year with the coach (Family Reasons)and Brey moving on so early into the season. The backline will get a work out unless they can start winning the ball in the midfield with a lot of responsibility being left to Hall & Almond.

Ingle Farm will regroup and thanks to Zartans report missing 5-6 players to your starting line up does hurt the overall team structure. Game of the week sees West Croydon visit Bulldog park in what should be great contest of finals type football.

McIntyre was lucky all day. Dropped one mark and played on, called back to have the set shot. Got 4 out the back from Cossi for gimme goals, and the Fitzroy fullback needs to get DJ's hands removed from his back. Even R McKee would have kicked 10 if at full forward.

What made it worse, was to sit at the same poker table that night and listen to his dribble. According to him, he will win the Div medal to go with his leading goal kicker award.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Masha wrote:According to him, he will win the Div medal to go with his leading goal kicker award.

Nooooo.. that doesn't sound like DJ at all :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I correct my earlier statement of Ingle Farm for premiers and now state it after what I witnessed on Saturday as Pulteney OS as clear front runners. Never seen a well drilled team in the past 3 - 4 years. I don't care about how they tried to kick goals from every part of the ground. Just their run off the half back, there handballs to blokes running from behind and their press was purely impressive. If they can keep this up (in both grades) they will go far in finals.

They have played the bottom 4 teams so far. I wouldn't be getting to carried away with the results. That's a huge call about being the best drilled team in the last 3 to 4 years. BOS and Smithfield were both pretty handy sides. Looks like the big smokey and team flying under the radar is BL
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Masha » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:30 pm

oldman wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I correct my earlier statement of Ingle Farm for premiers and now state it after what I witnessed on Saturday as Pulteney OS as clear front runners. Never seen a well drilled team in the past 3 - 4 years. I don't care about how they tried to kick goals from every part of the ground. Just their run off the half back, there handballs to blokes running from behind and their press was purely impressive. If they can keep this up (in both grades) they will go far in finals.

They have played the bottom 4 teams so far. I wouldn't be getting to carried away with the results. That's a huge call about being the best drilled team in the last 3 to 4 years. BOS and Smithfield were both pretty handy sides. Looks like the big smokey and team flying under the radar is BL

How so? We were ordinary week one and got beaten by IF (outplayed for 3 qtrs), struggled over Trinity, and a good last qtr vs Fitzroy made our final margin a lot better after some inconsistent footy for 3 qtrs.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:42 pm

oldman.. if your aim is to try and deflect attention and the spotlight away from Pulteney by your constant downplaying, and talking up of others, then i'm afraid you're probably having the reverse affect.

I would say if anything, you're giving opposition clubs a greater incentive to want to beat Pulteney as strange as that may sound.

As weird as it is, you are drawing attention to the Pulteney juggernaut by not recognising/crediting their efforts in the opening 3 rounds.

Elizabeth probably deserve to be favorites, but no one on here from Elizabeth is trying to convince everyone "there's nothing to see here", so the more talk down Pulteney's chances, and the more they continue to win comprehensively, then the more opposition clubs are going to continue to look at Pulteney and begin putting more work into them.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Zartan wrote:oldman.. if your aim is to try and deflect attention and the spotlight away from Pulteney by your constant downplaying, and talking up of others, then i'm afraid you're probably having the reverse affect.

I would say if anything, you're giving opposition clubs a greater incentive to want to beat Pulteney as strange as that may sound.

As weird as it is, you are drawing attention to the Pulteney juggernaut by not recognising/crediting their efforts in the opening 3 rounds.

Elizabeth probably deserve to be favorites, but no one on here from Elizabeth is trying to convince everyone "there's nothing to see here", so the more talk down Pulteney's chances, and the more they continue to win comprehensively, then the more opposition clubs are going to continue to look at Pulteney and begin putting more work into them.

I'm not saying Pulteney aren't playing good footy they obviously are all I'm saying is they haven't proved themselves thus far. As it turns out the fixture has what looks the be the top few sides all matched up against what appears some of the struggling sides to start the season. Zartan you are a wise man I'm sure you will come up with a way to beat the blues.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby finn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:44 pm

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:Witnessed one of the more bizarre abuses of power today when one our blokes was sent off for sarcastically clapping when we finally got given a free kick. Comical.

If you want to witness bizarre umpiring and abuses of power, play against North Haven D grade :lol: :lol:

So nothing's changed there then ?
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am

finn wrote:
Zartan wrote:If you want to witness bizarre umpiring and abuses of power, play against North Haven D grade [emoji38] [emoji38]

So nothing's changed there then ?

I read your post yesterday Zartan and knew who you were talking about straight away but just had to get confirmation as I wasn't 100% sure. I saw our D grade coach last night and he confirmed that it was that guy who umpired. Putting it nicely he is one weird unit. The D's coach said hopefully he won't have to get him to umpire again.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10333 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:40 am

It's difficult when you need someone to put their hand up to help out, but very few do and generally the ones who do are either old or very average. We are not much different, we'd love to have some fresh young blood come in and umpire B/C grade, but unfortunately no one is interested.

Surprising considering the umpires get paid pretty well - especially for the job they do haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:41 am

oldman wrote:Zartan you are a wise man I'm sure you will come up with a way to beat the blues.

I'm working on it ;)

Whether I'm able to find a way or not is a different story though haha - but wont die wondering :D
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League