23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Greenacres have been treated horribly on these forums at times. A proud Amateur League club who have won more Div 1 flags than most of the clubs who slag them off combined ever have. Well done on the win to all involved.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bloodhound » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Great game at Rutland Ave,..........Lockleys & BOS just keep turning up blinders. Thanks to Aleks & all the BOS boys for coming in for a beer after the battle. Look forward to the return leg at St Dom's later in the year. Ta to the Brin Cat & Matt Martin for the chat after the game.
bloodhound
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:03 pm

simmo wrote:Big day at grand north saw greenacres defeat hope valley by 3 goals.

That scoreline doesn't do the game justice. We were woeful, we lost Jamie Dowling and Devin Payne who both lost grandparents during the week, plus no Jed Pfieffer. despite this- . Greenacres were polished, I have no idea how they were even bottom.

Greenacres went BANG and we played catch up for the rest of the day. They spent all bar the last quarter of the game 6-7 goals in front.

Game was held up for about half an hour after a nasty injury to a Greenies player - who was absolutely killing us until he went down. We wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

As always, the Greenacres folk pulled off a great ANZAC commemoration - thanks to Duncs, Turk and Alison for putting on drinks and nibbles after the game for us.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Greenacres have been treated horribly on these forums at times. A proud Amateur League club who have won more Div 1 flags than most of the clubs who slag them off combined ever have. Well done on the win to all involved.

Are you fair dinkum? So because they won a D1 flag back in the 80's everyone should treat them like kings, despite the fact they've been a battling club for how ever long?

When was the last time they had juniors? When was the last time their B grade were competitive? You have to go back to 2011 the last time they played finals in the A grade.

Fact still remains they have it tough and they'll continue to struggle as a club given the other established clubs in the area etc. and so of course they'll always come under scrutiny.

Good win yes though.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am

Bit defensive there... Main point I was making was that people have cracks at them unfairly. They have already exceeded expectation from numerous people on here and some of the shots at them weren't just discussion, they were dead set cracks at the club.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Sorry LK that was an odd post. Most of the commentary was just questioning how strong they were going to be and that numbers looked grim.

There was a suggestion that grades need to be looked at but it was purely speculative.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:23 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Bit defensive there... Main point I was making was that people have cracks at them unfairly. They have already exceeded expectation from numerous people on here and some of the shots at them weren't just discussion, they were dead set cracks at the club.

they still lack numbers they still have no playing depth they still get stuff all at training
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:27 am

Robb_Stark wrote:they still lack numbers they still have no playing depth they still get stuff all at training

RS.. Please.. they won the A1 flag in 1988 - cut them some slack! :roll: :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 am

simmo wrote:Big day at grand north saw greenacres defeat hope valley by 3 goals.

Congrats on the win Simon :-BD
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:48 am

Zartan wrote:

Congrats on the win Simon :-BD

North Adelaide own the Grand North
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Bit defensive there... Main point I was making was that people have cracks at them unfairly. They have already exceeded expectation from numerous people on here and some of the shots at them weren't just discussion, they were dead set cracks at the club.

they still lack numbers they still have no playing depth they still get stuff all at training

and this shows by way of their last quarter drop off, where we came home with a wet sail and got as close as we did. It was mentioned that in their previous 2 games, they were either even or slightly in front at the main break.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby turk186 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Must admit I'm over the stuff that gets posted on here about Greenacres...6 weeks ago we were closing the doors, well that clearly hasn't happened. A month ago we were only fielding 1 team..... don't believe we have forfeited a game yet. Our depth is poor... well I don't think we are the only club in SAAFL with that issue, and even when we have a win .... it's still not good enough for some.

I don't know how many people that post on here have EVER had a crack at being on a club committee but I would guess less than 30% ...but they are all experts on what's happening in a club, what should happen in a club, how the club is being run, and even make it look like they have information from inside the board room.

The GFC is a proud club full of good hard working people and players that are doing the best job they can to make the club a success with a good culture, they have self funded the shed and surrounds for the betterment of it supporters and visitors alike...it's a great place to watch the footy from whilst enjoying good fresh food and a cold beverage. The committee is trying to build a culture that will last and others look at with envy..... but they don't allways get it right....sorry about that but they are human after all.

So in summary if the club fails it wont be because of anything that gets posted on here ... it will be because others are not prepared to step up and have a go instead of sitting back on the keyboard and typing ..." I told you so"
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Yank Man » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 pm

turk186 wrote:Must admit I'm over the stuff that gets posted on here about Greenacres...6 weeks ago we were closing the doors, well that clearly hasn't happened. A month ago we were only fielding 1 team..... don't believe we have forfeited a game yet. Our depth is poor... well I don't think we are the only club in SAAFL with that issue, and even when we have a win .... it's still not good enough for some.

I don't know how many people that post on here have EVER had a crack at being on a club committee but I would guess less than 30% ...but they are all experts on what's happening in a club, what should happen in a club, how the club is being run, and even make it look like they have information from inside the board room.

The GFC is a proud club full of good hard working people and players that are doing the best job they can to make the club a success with a good culture, they have self funded the shed and surrounds for the betterment of it supporters and visitors alike...it's a great place to watch the footy from whilst enjoying good fresh food and a cold beverage. The committee is trying to build a culture that will last and others look at with envy..... but they don't allways get it right....sorry about that but they are human after all.

So in summary if the club fails it wont be because of anything that gets posted on here ... it will be because others are not prepared to step up and have a go instead of sitting back on the keyboard and typing ..." I told you so"

Post of the month. =D> =D> =D>
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Got my support Turk. Well said! We have had some great battles over the years from div 2 to div 6. And no doubt plenty more to come.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 am

turk186 wrote:Must admit I'm over the stuff that gets posted on here about Greenacres
Must admit I am over the sanctimony in regards to Greenacres!

Nothing was said about Greenies that hasn't been said about a dozen clubs a dozen times. Most of it was polite.

Harden up FFS.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:36 am

morell wrote:
turk186 wrote:Must admit I'm over the stuff that gets posted on here about Greenacres

Nothing was said about Greenies that hasn't been said about a dozen clubs a dozen times. Most of it was polite.

Harden up FFS.

Really? I'm surprised at you - if individuals kept implying that Mitchell Park was shutting the doors and you were losing sponsors and potential players as a result of these false allegations, I'm guessing you'd be pretty pissed off too.

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 am

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:

Harden up FFS.

Really? I'm surprised at you - if individuals kept implying that Mitchell Park was shutting the doors and you were losing sponsors and potential players as a result of these false allegations, I'm guessing you'd be pretty pissed off too.

Didn't that basically happen two years ago?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:47 am

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:

Harden up FFS.

This has literally happened to us like 5 times.

There was nothing said that was defamatory, most of it was truthful! And if it wasn't it was speculative...I would hate for safooty.net to revert to a place that was overly judicial and was solely a forum for in-jokes, matey circle jerks and intra-club back slapping.

If a club struggling for numbers (true), losing high profile players (true) and potentially causing a ripple effect across divisions (true) isn't worthy of polite discussion then... really .. what are we all doing here?

Has to be a place for critical news, provided there is a degree of decorum and the topic is based in reality.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:03 am

So let me get this straight...

Potting an individual based on pretty much nothing, posting slanderous second hand material and outing him as a "flog" - Kane Cornes - is socially acceptable.

Questioning if a club has struggling numbers, lost some players and perhaps raising some queries about their structure and what grade they'd be suited to - Greenacres - is not socially acceptable.

Rarely has there been a better example of the classical Australian local footy culture neurosis.
morell
Coach

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am

Hills Football League SA Lockleys Naley, Samuel Pending 2017-04-24

Handy zero pointer Zedman ;) ;) ;)
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer