Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby oldman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Fitzroy vs TOS
Will Fitzroy finally click? They have been disappointing the first 3 weeks playing in patches and not getting enough contributors each week. At their best they are no doubt very good and could easily be a serious contender this season. They have a couple of very dangerous forwards who if given a chance they will kick a score so the obvious question is, is their midfield strong and deep enough to get the job done. They have 2 quality key defenders and plenty of runners out the back half but seem to be giving up plenty of scoring shots each week. TOS on the other hand turned their season around with a gutsy win against the formidable Farmers last week. No doubt TOS got some top end quality back into the team and Ingle Farm were without some of theirs but credit to TOS they played as a team hungry and not excepting the start the had put forward. With wintery conditions forecast I expect this game to be a slog with nothing in it at the end.
TOS by 3pts

Houghton vs Elizabeth
The Raiders will be looking to bounce back on their home turf after a sub par performance last weekend. They have some seriously good footballers and if they get up and running they can be very hard to stop. The big question is are the players all fully committed after a difficult start? No club could afford to have the captain and then coach walk out the door but I'm expecting this to bring the players closer together and to really fight hard for each other going forward. Well the Elizabeth stream train keeps rolling on and is express atm. Last week was their toughest test to date but they still found a way to Winn. Good sides win even when they don't play their best football. The running game they have adapted is first class and their will to work for other is brilliant. Kicking big scores and defending superbly will generally win most games and this mob do that well.
Elizabeth by 8 goals

Mawson Lakes vs Pulteney
Pulteney have been the surprise packet so far. I don't think anyone had them as a real threat this season. Playing what is currently the bottom 3 sides up to this point may be misleading form. However they can't do anymore than what they have. Plenty of firepower and they have covered the loss of key players well so far the test will be can they stand up in a long season. Mawson Lakes started with a good solid win but have dropped a couple of games in a row including last weekends to WC. Mawson have built a strong midfield group and they might be able to get on top early and slow down the blues the question remains do they have enough in attack to kick a winning score. The home ground should prove a good advantage but will it be enough to get the points.
Pulteney by 4 goals

Ingle Farm vs West Croydon
Match of the round. Farmers will be breathing fire after a shock loss last weekend. The inclusion of some star players should give them a boost in confidence. That alone though won't be enough to get the job done. Have Ingle Farm come to reliant on their gun players? This weekend will tell the story with a full squad available it's up to the lesser like players to stand up and help get the job done. WC are quietly going about business and sit 3rd only% off top spot. They are playing a really accountable style of game and have held teams to smaller scores so far. If they can maintain that pressure around Ingle Farm's midfield they might cause an upset. WC have had a very even spread of best players and goal kickers which would make you think thet are playing united and for each other.
Ingle Farm by 3 goals

Salisbury West vs Brahma Lodge
Well this game won't be for the faint hearted. This will be a tough hard contest and the first team to take a backward step will get beat. Salisbury West are still looking for their first points and this game won't be any easier than last weekend. After a stellar year in Div7 they have found the transition changing to say the least. If they can close down the space and make it a scrap and slog they are a chance. The sleeping giant BL continue to get the job done only tasting defeat at the hands of the farmer's. With the most potent forward line in the comp they are going to go along way this season and it's time clubs start paying attention. They have quality on every line with no obvious weak links and a midfield choc full of quality and depth. Mark my words this team is the real deal.
BL by 8 goals

Over to you Zartan
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Think people are under estimating Pulteney. During their slide down the grades they had a good group of kids but they were just kids straight from school. Perhaps they have got their bodies right for senior football and getting Dalton Tucker 12 months out of the SANFL is a huge bonus to their midfield.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 am

heater31 wrote:Think people are under estimating Pulteney.

Not one single person outside of Pulteney either on here or anywhere in D6 is underestimating Pulteney.

There is only one person whose played down their start, and that's oldman - who coincidentally is involved out there.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:21 am

oldman wrote:Over to you Zartan

I agree with your writeup - probably i'd have the margins for Pulteney and Brahma Lodge swapped around. Rest is a pretty good read.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am

Zartan wrote:

I agree with your writeup - probably i'd have the margins for Pulteney and Brahma Lodge swapped around. Rest is a pretty good read.

Don't agree on the IF intel....."a full squad available".....I wish :lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
Zartan wrote:

If GraeGrant plays you win by 6. If Dan Bryant also plays, you win by 4 :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Must've missed that bit when i skimmed over it :oops:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:
Zartan wrote:

If GraeGrant plays you win by 6. If Dan Bryant also plays, you win by 4 :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:32 am

'Pulteney has been the surprise packet so far' - You're just trolling us all now. Give it up, Pulteney are the flag faves in both grades and that was the pre season expectation as well
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Informer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 am

human_torpedo wrote:'Pulteney has been the surprise packet so far' - You're just trolling us all now. Give it up, Pulteney are the flag faves in both grades and that was the pre season expectation as well

Totally agree with that and was even reminded about them winning both flags by a few of their B grade players during the game Sat.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby hfoxe16 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:40 am

human_torpedo wrote:'Pulteney has been the surprise packet so far' - You're just trolling us all now. Give it up, Pulteney are the flag faves in both grades and that was the pre season expectation as well

Umm pretty sure Fitzroy was all the rage before the season began
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 am

hfoxe16 wrote:

It was pretty well documented that Fitzroy had lost as much as they had gained in the off season. And the sheer number of clearances in was bolstered by the Super C grade side they have this year..

Anyone who didn't think Pulteney would be right up there this year was kidding themselves. The reports from players who have played both sides are that they rated Pulteney ahead of Elizabeth as well
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Few people had Pulteney either around the middle if not lower 6 months ago - that was on the back of Aish leaving before they picked up, and no one really knew much about them or what to expect.. Didn't take long for peoples views to change though.

B grade were always going to be top of the tree though.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:

It was pretty well documented that Fitzroy had lost as much as they had gained in the off season. And the sheer number of clearances in was bolstered by the Super C grade side they have this year..

Anyone who didn't think Pulteney would be right up there this year was kidding themselves. The reports from players who have played both sides are that they rated Pulteney ahead of Elizabeth as well

Boosted numbers can also go down to inclusion of 18s.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Luke Schweinberg (Salisbury West) Striking/Intentional/Severe/High Guilty 8 Games
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:55 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Luke Schweinberg (Salisbury West) Striking/Intentional/Severe/High Guilty 8 Games

Well that's gonna hurt them bad!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Luke Schweinberg (Salisbury West) Striking/Intentional/Severe/High Guilty 8 Games

Am I the only one who thinks Callum Hay gets the rough end of the pineapple a bit with results like that?

If something is truly intentional/severe/high that should be enough to do them for 12 and out of the Adelaide Footy League in my view.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:29 pm

jo172 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Callum Hay gets the rough end of the pineapple a bit with results like that?

If something is truly intentional/severe/high that should be enough to do them for 12 and out of the Adelaide Footy League in my view.

Does this bloke have any priors? Might be out of the league anyway....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:41 pm

jo172 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

I agree but that dead horse has been flogged enough..

If a strike is intentional/severe/high it is basically assault..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:42 pm

jo172 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Schweinberg didn't push an umpire. It's the pushing of the umpire that pushed Hay over the mark.

I'm assuming Schweinberg was suspended for the hit on Benny Taylor? Sounds like it was pretty ordinary.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League