30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Danky$$ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:03 am

The Big Shrek wrote:I heard Wazz doesn't know what autonomous means and shouldn't try to use big words to look smart because it has the opposite effect.

I also heard Danky wants to add another hyphen to his name and become Hughbert Johnson-Scrotum-Galbraith

Sounds like jealousy there shrek.

Got your tweezers for tomoz??
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Sorry Wazz, you got the definition right, but it doesn't help your post make sense.

Danky, tweezers?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby jake the snake » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Webber named for Smithfield. Will add allot!
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Bazz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I can understand why Ep are playing at Thebby some of there young supporters today were absolutely disgraceful... when the game was in the balance after gepps kicking 6 straight in the last q with the young supporter yelling at the gepps supporters threatimg them calling them names etc absolutely Pathetic... Ricky butler hit one of the gepps players off the ball with a swinging fist to the stomach player gets treatment and has to be removed from the ground and only gets a yellow had me stunned should have been a straight red!!!
Last edited by Bazz on Mon May 01, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bazz
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dangeroos » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Smithfield knocking off top team in Colonel Light Gardens a great way to get their first win on the board. Webber provides big target up forward with Ashby, Gray and co, defense solid and big Bellman gives first options to Cooky, Angove and co. M.Lane just never stops running and gives his all. Maybe the start of things to come after a couple of unlucky results early on, they are definitely improving.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby zedman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Dangeroos wrote:Smithfield knocking off top team in Colonel Light Gardens a great way to get their first win on the board. Webber provides big target up forward with Ashby, Gray and co, defense solid and big Bellman gives first options to Cooky, Angove and co. M.Lane just never stops running and gives his all. Maybe the start of things to come after a couple of unlucky results early on, they are definitely improving.

jake mentioned the inclusion of webber is a big plus as its gives them good direction and a genuine hit up forward, cook and ashby are top quality when on..another player could be returning as well i was told..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 pm

You can't honestly sit there and tell me the gepps cross supporters were any better on the weekend? Any time there was a hard contest or hit during the game, the gepps crowd carried on like someone was getting murdered.. the stuff coming from the sidelines towards some of the players was absolutely disgusting so for the lads to handle themselves on the field like they did was a really good job.. what Ricky butler did was silly, copped a bit of stick all day and just had lost his cool for a split second.. the club will be suspending him for 1 game this week because we're trying to clean that stuff right up, and to date everything has been going really well! This is the first time we have had any bad feedback this year, maybe the narrow loss has you wanting to vent some frustration and needing to find something else to blame lol
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Wazz17 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:16 am

Bazz wrote:I can understand why Ep are playing at Thebby some of there young supporters today were absolutely disgraceful... when the game was in the balance after gepps kicking 6 straight in the last q with the young supporter yelling at the gepps supporters threatimg them calling them names etc absolutely perfetic.. Ricky butler hit one of the gepps players off the ball with a swinging fist to the stomach player gets treatment and has to be removed from the ground and only gets a yellow had me stunned should have been a straight red!!!

Yes "perfetic" Bazz.

Kernahan was in attendance on Saturday so if there was any issues they will no doubt be addressed.

But as usual posters like yourself do not have any idea what has been going on within the EPFC club, administration, coaches, players etc. and the ongoing discussions with the league.

Perhaps people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones based on past Gepps Cross FC indiscretions?
Wazz17

Been liked: 23 times

Postby Wazz17 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:12 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Sorry Wazz, you got the definition right, but it doesn't help your post make sense.

Danky, tweezers?

What I meant to say was that I have never have to be known as a smart person and my previous post proves that!
Wazz17

Postby bloods08 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:48 pm

I didn't notice any animosity between the supporters there on Saturday. Disappointing to see so few Eastern Park supporters in attendance though.

What Butler did was poor and really should've been shown a red. Good on Eastern Park for taking the stance by trying to clean up their image and internally suspending him.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon May 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Wazz17 wrote:
Bazz wrote:I can understand why Ep are playing at Thebby some of there young supporters today were absolutely disgraceful... when the game was in the balance after gepps kicking 6 straight in the last q with the young supporter yelling at the gepps supporters threatimg them calling them names etc absolutely perfetic.. Ricky butler hit one of the gepps players off the ball with a swinging fist to the stomach player gets treatment and has to be removed from the ground and only gets a yellow had me stunned should have been a straight red!!!

Yes "perfetic" Bazz.

Kernahan was in attendance on Saturday so if there was any issues they will no doubt be addressed.

But as usual posters like yourself do not have any idea what has been going on within the EPFC club, administration, coaches, players etc. and the ongoing discussions with the league.

Perhaps people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones based on past Gepps Cross FC indiscretions?

All peace, love and dance music at Gepps.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon May 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Very different Salisbury A grade team on the weekend to previous years. It seems the club is going through a bit of a generational change. A few very young looking but talented kids took the field. I can't see them making finals this year but getting games into their kids will help into the future.

Very impressed that 3 players from the 1957 premiership attended the game. Apparently there are only 5 players left from that team so to have 3 there is a great effort. One of them mistakenly popped into our rooms before the game but could be forgiven having regard to the fact both teams are black and white.

Pag found himself in unusual territory having a shot for goal. Should never do that again but was very hospitable after the game as usual.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon May 01, 2017 1:44 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:

Yes "perfetic" Bazz.

All peace, love and dance music at Gepps.

Very good, very very good.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Boosh » Mon May 01, 2017 1:47 pm

bloods08 wrote:I didn't notice any animosity between the supporters there on Saturday. Disappointing to see so few Eastern Park supporters in attendance though.

What Butler did was poor and really should've been shown a red. Good on Eastern Park for taking the stance by trying to clean up their image and internally suspending him.

I agree good on them for punishing the player but if 4 games in and 1 act of unprovoked violence is a pass mark I would hate to see what a failure looks like.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wazz17 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Boosh wrote:
bloods08 wrote:I didn't notice any animosity between the supporters there on Saturday. Disappointing to see so few Eastern Park supporters in attendance though.

I agree good on them for punishing the player but if 4 games in and 1 act of unprovoked violence is a pass mark I would hate to see what a failure looks like.

Agree about a "pass mark" as there is certainly a long way to go before the club can think it is on the right track, not just for this season but beyond.

No issue with Butler either but there were some provocation issues beforehand, still no excuses, certainly not near good enough.

Hats off to Woody though as he was targeted several times during the game but both he and his team mates responded by just playing footy.
Wazz17

Postby great catch » Mon May 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Big rumours mark garner wants to go back to Smithfield!
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby scottroo » Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Heard the same
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 01, 2017 8:33 pm

I was reliably informed today that he is back and will be playing this weekend.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby coman » Mon May 01, 2017 9:18 pm

zedman wrote:
Dangeroos wrote:Smithfield knocking off top team in Colonel Light Gardens a great way to get their first win on the board. Webber provides big target up forward with Ashby, Gray and co, defense solid and big Bellman gives first options to Cooky, Angove and co. M.Lane just never stops running and gives his all. Maybe the start of things to come after a couple of unlucky results early on, they are definitely improving.

jake mentioned the inclusion of webber is a big plus as its gives them good direction and a genuine hit up forward, cook and ashby are top quality when on..another player could be returning as well i was told..

Ashby and cook are really on at the moment zedman,they are really enjoying their football,and we may get garner cleared by next round.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm

It's definitely not a pass mark but EP are heading in the right direction for sure, butler was pushed right to his limits and unfortunately for us he lost his temper! He knows he made a mistake, now the club are dealing with that internally.. besides that, there has been no issues with the players or the crowd! Even with teams targeting players like butler + Woody to try get a reaction, we are riding it out and playing some really good footy!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League