Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:03 pm

On the Anzac Day subject.
(Nothing against the Mallala and united rivalry)
But I heard the other day that the riverland football league play there previous years grand finalist on anzac day. Would make it a exciting fixture for everyone in the league and everyone has a chance to play in it.
What would everyone else's thoughts be if this were to happen?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Same as the SANFL - it's a great idea
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:You havnt complained about the umpires picking it every other year when a Mallala player has won it.

Not on here ;)
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby livefooty » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 am

Snags wrote:On the Anzac Day subject.
But I heard the other day that the riverland football league play there previous years grand finalist on anzac day. Would make it a exciting fixture for everyone in the league and everyone has a chance to play in it.

I'm pretty sure It's like that in most leagues. Definitely should be last years grand finalist 100%
Anzac Day is second to a grand final I feel and should be the reward for making the GF the year before
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 am

Nope-Mallala/United brought all this together as a rival game and share each year, is this a idea so other clubs can get a piece of the pie??? Was originally thought of because of servicemen from the district of Long Plains/Mallala that served.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby livefooty » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:42 am

magpieeagle wrote:

Nope-Mallala/United brought all this together as a rival game and share each year, is this a idea so other clubs can get a piece of the pie??? Was originally thought of because of servicemen from the district of Long Plains/Mallala that served.

Nothing about having a piece of the pie, what about the servicemen from other clubs in the APFL? Like other leagues do! imo it should go to the best 2 clubs from the year before, so they can respect their servicemen on the big day
livefooty
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 am

magpieeagle wrote:

So you're gonna do it on Wednesday next year?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:34 pm

This is off the Anzac Day topic but what is the go with Angle Vale and not having any netball teams? I thought with them joining this league they had to provide at least 3 senior sides and 2 junior side? And yet no netball teams? Huge kick in the guts for those teams who have to host them twice this year!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:25 pm

OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Yep everyone wants a piece of the day when it suits but few want it when its a bit inconvenient on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Think you will find any league that has the same 2 teams compete each year its because they are the only ones prepared to play no matter what day it falls on
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Hazbeen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:52 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Yep everyone wants a piece of the day when it suits but few want it when its a bit inconvenient on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Think you will find any league that has the same 2 teams compete each year its because they are the only ones prepared to play no matter what day it falls on

Balaklava floated the idea with HW prior to the Mallala v United games starting and they knocked it back
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 am

daysofourlives wrote:
OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Oh yeah, absolutely. Got no dramas with Mallala and United doing it each year. Bit of a novelty, good crowd puller, good on em.
But this Wednesday situation presents an interesting dilemma, surely.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 am

If its round 2 you could bring a round forward then we are both off a short break. Not giving an advantage to the other teams.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby livefooty » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 am

Mythical Creature wrote:If its round 2 you could bring a round forward then we are both off a short break. Not giving an advantage to the other teams.

It's pretty simple really.. round one starts Wednesday with the Anzac Day clash then the other sides play that weekend. Then all teams have a reasonable break for round 2. I thought they should of scheduled it like that this year so united and mallala get a rest before round 2.

On a different subject a bit of reality check for the owls. Lack of fitness killed them. Two wells are well drilled and set up very well behind the ball.
Did anyone see the other games? How did they look?
livefooty
Under 16s

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:50 am

livefooty wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:If its round 2 you could bring a round forward then we are both off a short break. Not giving an advantage to the other teams.

It's pretty simple really.. round one starts Wednesday with the Anzac Day clash then the other sides play that weekend. Then all teams have a reasonable break for round 2. I thought they should of scheduled it like that this year so united and mallala get a rest before round 2.

On a different subject a bit of reality check for the owls. Lack of fitness killed them. Two wells are well drilled and set up very well behind the ball.
Did anyone see the other games? How did they look?

Not sure that Angle Vale would be real disappointed about losing by 85 points to a side I would probably give flag favouritism to at the moment.
They were losing by 4 times that last year remember
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby SuperFrank » Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 am

Seems the buble has burst already down in the RFL at Berri....... The coach has walked by the looks & maybe the recruits traveling from Adelaide Plains could be returning!!!

Here is one already coming through......

Berri Adelaide Plains Football League Felstead, Cameron Pending 2017-05-01
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 pm

SuperFrank wrote:Seems the buble has burst already down in the RFL at Berri....... The coach has walked by the looks & maybe the recruits traveling from Adelaide Plains could be returning!!!

There were only two :?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby norm11 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 pm

SuperFrank wrote:Seems the buble has burst already down in the RFL at Berri....... The coach has walked by the looks & maybe the recruits traveling from Adelaide Plains could be returning!!!

Was this where Whitwell went too coach??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby SuperFrank » Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

There were only two :?

There was 3, but saying that I did think there was 4-5 but a couple come form the Mallee so I stand corrected. My bad

Cam Felstead
Ashley Parsons
Brad Torkington
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue May 02, 2017 12:31 pm

norm11 wrote:

Was this where Whitwell went too coach??

Nup - he went to BSR in NEFL
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon May 08, 2017 12:24 pm

A couple of the gun imports have been on the sidelines in recent weeks, which is never good to see.

Camplin from Two Wells apparently has a hammy and was carrying the drinks on the weekend, which was a bonus for the magpies. Also, Mitch Sandery from United, after his ANZAC Medal winning performance in Round 1, has not been sighted since. Is he injured MC?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy