Bands coming to Adelaide

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Booney wrote:
Gozu wrote:Grinspoon are back! To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of debut album Guide To Better Living the band have reunited for a 27 date national tour. The album will be getting a 20th Anniversary re-release on the 23rd June which will see the album expanded from the original 16 songs to a 49 song collection of rarities, live songs and previously unreleased material. The album will also be released on vinyl for the first time in limited edition red.

Grinspoon/Hockey Dad @ AEC Theatre Sat 26th Aug

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/grinspoon ... onal-tour/

Yes. Excellent. Playing Guide to Better Living in it's entirety.

This is awesome news! Thanks for posting that Gozu!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Tickets purchased, CD, book and vinyl ordered.

#gtbl20
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Miss Fortune/Awaken I Am @ Enigma Bar Fri 21st Apr

Bad Pony @ Grace Emily Hotel Thurs 11th May

Bleeding Knees Club/The Pinheads/Goon Wizarrd @ Rocket Bar Fri 12th May

Ian Moss @ Hotel Crown, Victor Harbor Fri 12th May & Norwood Hotel Sat 13th May

San Cisco/Thelma Plum @ The Gov Thurs 18th May

Belle Haven/Ambleside/Deadlights @ Enigma Bar Fri 2nd June

Skeggs @ Jive Sat 10th June

The Hard Aches/Muncie Girls/The Football Club @ Adel Uni Bar Fri 16th June

Luca Brasi/Pianos Become The Teeth/Maddy Jane/Speech Patterns @ The Gov Thurs 22nd June

Ben Ottewell (Gomez)/Buddy @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Thurs 29th June

Dustin Tebbutt & Lisa Mitchell/Alex The Astronaut @ The Gov Sat 1st July

In Hearts Wake/Crossfaith/While She Sleeps/Polaris @ The Gov Tues 11th July

Bag Raiders @ Fat Controller Sat 15th July

Real Estate @ Ed Castle Hotel Tues 25th July

Ill Nino/Terror Universal @ Fowler's Live Thurs 3rd Aug

Pete Murray @ Nautilus Theatre, Port Lincoln Thurs 3rd Aug & Her Majesty's Theatre Fri 4th Aug

Deez Nuts @ Enigma Bar Fri 18th Aug

Alien Ant Farm/Wheatus/Hoobastank/CKY/Lit @ Thebarton Theatre Wed 27th Sep
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Loving 'Feeling Remains' by Bad//Dreems and 'Suburban Life' by Grenadiers...hanging for both their new albums

WTBP's 'Moving Out' rocks too
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Tim Rogers @ Grace Emily Hotel Tues 25th Apr

Taasha Coates/The Yearlings/Hana Brenecki/Matt J Ward/The Heggarties @ Grace Emily Hotel Sat 6th May

The Animals @ The Gov Sat 13th May & Sun 14th May (2nd show)

Tex Perkins & Murray Paterson @ Grace Emily Hotel Sat 20th May

Zucchero @ Thebarton Theatre Wed 24th May

Winston Surfshirt @ Rocket Bar Sat 10th June

Orsome Welles/Colibrium/Japam/The Unset @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Sat 24th June

Cable Ties @ Hotel Metro Sun 9th July

RL Grime @ Thebarton Theatre Thurs 27th July

Deez Nuts/Void of Vision/Dregg/Beerwolf @ Enigma Bar Fri 18th Aug

Guitarra (Paco Pena/Grigoryan Bros/Jim Pennell/Phil Manning) @ Her Majesty's Theatre Sun 2nd Sep

Tina Arena @ Thebarton Theatre Thurs 5th Oct

The Stranglers @ Thebarton Theatre Sat 10th Feb
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Harry Howard & The NDE/Georgio 'The Dove' Valentino @ Hotel Metro Fri 21st Apr

Shannon Noll @ Adel Uni Bar Fri 19th May, Coopers Alehouse, Wallaroo Sat 20th May & Fleurieu's, Goolwa Sun 21st May

Northeast Party House/Mosquito Coast @ Fat Controller Fri 9th June

Thundamentals @ The Gov Fri 16th June

Superheist/Frankenbok/Dreadnaught @ Fowler's Live Sat 17th June

Japandroids @ Fat Controller Tues 18th July

James Reyne @ The Gov Fri 18th Aug & Sat 19th Aug

Kreator/Vader @ The Gov Thurs 7th Sep

The Dillinger Escape Plan @ Fowler's Live Tues 17th Oct

Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley @ Thebarton Theatre Thurs 19th Oct
Gozu
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:26 am

Gozu wrote:Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley @ Thebarton Theatre Thurs 19th Oct

This could be fun.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 am

Gozu wrote:Harry Howard & The NDE/Georgio 'The Dove' Valentino @ Hotel Metro Fri 21st Apr

Shannon Noll @ Adel Uni Bar Fri 19th May, Coopers Alehouse, Wallaroo Sat 20th May & Fleurieu's, Goolwa Sun 21st May

Crazy Horse after party?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Magellan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Gozu wrote:Harry Howard & The NDE/Georgio 'The Dove' Valentino @ Hotel Metro Fri 21st Apr

Crazy Horse after party?

I hear he's following that one up with a side-gig at one of the Magistrates Courts.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Gozu wrote:Tim Rogers @ Grace Emily Hotel Tues 25th Apr

Stream Tim Rogers new solo album 'An Actor Repairs' in full before it's release:

http://musicfeeds.com.au/features/premi ... d-release/
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:56 pm

The Dwarves/The Pro-Tools/Rat Catcher/Profiteers @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Wed 3rd May

Death By Stereo/She's The Band/Thrashboard @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Thurs 4th May

Kim Salmon @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Sat 6th May

Amber Lawrence & Catherine Britt @ The Trinity Sessions Sat 20th May

Screamfeeder @ Exeter Hotel Sat 20th May

Slumberjack/Kuren @ Fat Controller Sat 20th May

Tash Sultana @ Thebarton Theatre Wed 31st May

The Necks @ Nexus Cabaret Fri 9th June

Kirk Fletcher @ The German Club Sat 10th June

Kirin J. Callinan @ Ed Castle Hotel Fri 16th June

Clare Bowen @ Her Majesty's Theatre Mon 3rd July

Dead By April @ Fowler's Live Thurs 13th July

Angelcorpse/Cauldron Black Ram/Tzun Tzu @ Enigma Bar Sat 29th July

Anathema @ The Gov Sat 9th Dec
Gozu
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Greenday tomorrow night, has snuck up on me a little. I thought it was a few weeks away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue May 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Booney wrote:Greenday tomorrow night, has snuck up on me a little. I thought it was a few weeks away.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Guessing the setlist will the the same as Perth's which is a pretty good set.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed May 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Billie Joe from Green Day popped into Midwest Trader whilst here in Adelaide.

Gozu
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 04, 2017 4:06 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Booney wrote:Greenday tomorrow night, has snuck up on me a little. I thought it was a few weeks away.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Guessing the setlist will the the same as Perth's which is a pretty good set.

What did you think @The Dark Knight?

Bar some of "Revolution Radio" the set list wasn't overly inspiring and the whole show, pretty much the same as what I've seen the last couple of times I've seen them.

The on going "break down" in the middle of far too many songs where Armstrong gets the "wheyyy heyyy eyy heyyy" call out / shout back from the crowd happens far too often and probably fills in 15-20 minutes of the 2 hour show ( once a night is probably enough ), the kid getting to keep a guitar, someone with tits getting to sing with them etc etc...all too familiar. The "Shout/Careless Whisper/Hey Jude/I can't get no (Satisfaction) bit goes on for too long as well, in my opinion, the crowd get lost in that as you don't really know what is coming next. How can you get into "it" if you don't know what "it" is?

"Little bit softer now....little bit softer now...." was part of the 2004 "American Idiot" tour, the 2014 Soundwave show and again last night....

Still a good show, but I won't be forgoing $150 again to see them. Not if the whole package is on repeat as it has been since the "American Idiot" tour and has been much of a muchness the last 4 times I've seen them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Booney wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

What did you think @The Dark Knight?

Bar some of "Revolution Radio" the set list wasn't overly inspiring and the whole show, pretty much the same as what I've seen the last couple of times I've seen them.

The on going "break down" in the middle of far too many songs where Armstrong gets the "wheyyy heyyy eyy heyyy" call out / shout back from the crowd happens far too often and probably fills in 15-20 minutes of the 2 hour show ( once a night is probably enough ), the kid getting to keep a guitar, someone with tits getting to sing with them etc etc...all too familiar. The "Shout/Careless Whisper/Hey Jude/I can't get no (Satisfaction) bit goes on for too long as well, in my opinion, the crowd get lost in that as you don't really know what is coming next. How can you get into "it" if you don't know what "it" is?

"Little bit softer now....little bit softer now...." was part of the 2004 "American Idiot" tour, the 2014 Soundwave show and again last night....

Still a good show, but I won't be forgoing $150 again to see them. Not if the whole package is on repeat as it has been since the "American Idiot" tour and has been much of a muchness the last 4 times I've seen them.

I would give the concert a 6.5/10. Sound was good and loved the fact they played 2000 Light Years Away, probably my favourite Green Day song earns them the half a point extra. King for a Day was good to hear live aswell.

But yes the 'breakdown' you mention, the constant dragging out of songs, not by just Green Day but other bands aswell gives me the shits. Unnecessary to do it nearly every song. Maybe some people like it but I don't, I just want them to get out there and smash the songs out.

IMO their set at Soundwave 2014 was a better show. My girlfriend and her workmate won tickets for the gig from Hit 107. It was my girlfriends first 'rock' concert and she enjoyed it. She was very surprised that the chick who got up on stage got the free guitar, I didn't want to spoil it and tell her it's a regular occurrence.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu May 04, 2017 5:33 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I would give the concert a 6.5/10. Sound was good and loved the fact they played 2000 Light Years Away, probably my favourite Green Day song earns them the half a point extra.

Good man! I love 2000 Light Years Away. I love this version live in Chicago in '94 I bought a bootleg CD of this concert about 20 years ago. Christie Road would probably be my favourite GD song.

I saw Green Day at Thebby in '96 was front row and they absolutely went off probably the most full on show I've ever been to. A young The Living End supported them too back when they had a stand up drummer like Fireballs.
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Gozu wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I would give the concert a 6.5/10. Sound was good and loved the fact they played 2000 Light Years Away, probably my favourite Green Day song earns them the half a point extra.

Good man! I love 2000 Light Years Away. I love this version live in Chicago in '94 I bought a bootleg CD of this concert about 20 years ago. Christie Road would probably be my favourite GD song.

I saw Green Day at Thebby in '96 was front row and they absolutely went off probably the most full on show I've ever been to. A young The Living End supported them too back when they had a stand up drummer like Fireballs.

Great videos Gozu.

Billie looks shocking in that first clip, hows the teeth lol. Last night my girlfriend and her mate commented on how Billie Joe still looks good despite his age with his emo punk look he's been going with for the last 18 years. I showed them older photos of Billie with the peroxide blonde hair and without the make up, they didn't believe it was the same guy haha!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu May 04, 2017 11:32 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Great videos Gozu.

Billie looks shocking in that first clip, hows the teeth lol. Last night my girlfriend and her mate commented on how Billie Joe still looks good despite his age with his emo punk look he's been going with for the last 18 years. I showed them older photos of Billie with the peroxide blonde hair and without the make up, they didn't believe it was the same guy haha!

Thanks I put up a few other good ones in the what are you listening to thread too. Billie Joe certainly still looks good given the miles on his legs been going at it hard since the late 80's. Given how manic he was in his younger days and the amount of speed he used to do I'm a bit surprised he's still going to be honest. I've got an old GD bootleg CD and on the cover before the peroxide blond BJ used to have scraggly longish brown dreads!

On Midwest Trader's facebook page someone tagged Callum Ferguson and asked him what he was doing in the shop lol They certainly do look similar.
Gozu
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Gozu wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Great videos Gozu.

Thanks I put up a few other good ones in the what are you listening to thread too. Billie Joe certainly still looks good given the miles on his legs been going at it hard since the late 80's. Given how manic he was in his younger days and the amount of speed he used to do I'm a bit surprised he's still going to be honest. I've got an old GD bootleg CD and on the cover before the peroxide blond BJ used to have scraggly longish brown dreads!

On Midwest Trader's facebook page someone tagged Callum Ferguson and asked him what he was doing in the shop lol They certainly do look similar.

Yes I just watched them.

Bille has changed alot over the years and on the flipside Mike Dirnt (and I was thinking it last night) hasn't changed his look alot over the years.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Music