6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Q. » Wed May 03, 2017 1:38 pm

oldman wrote:Why did Elizabeth let it come to this?
Are they struggling financially. Paying too many players?
Is there unrest?
Usually where there is smoke.......

Or the Treasurer just forgot to send the cheque...Occam's razor
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Q. wrote:
Is there unrest?

Or the Treasurer just forgot to send the cheque...Occam's razor

Or they pay their EOM bills at the EOM, or they got caught out EOM being on a weekend?

Let's roll with some conspiracy theory's though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Is there unrest?

In the change rooms before, during and after the game
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby one day I will » Wed May 03, 2017 8:13 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Is there unrest?

You got it. They are blowing the salary cap, the combined tally of 0 losses this year have the players horribly unsettled. How they can come back from this we will never know..

Or, the treasurer made a human error in forgetting to pay the bill..

100% would say we forgot to pay the bill becuase we don't PAY a single PLAYER.
Also it's the first I've heard of this!!
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby sinister23 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:44 pm

one day I will wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Is there unrest?

You got it. They are blowing the salary cap, the combined tally of 0 losses this year have the players horribly unsettled. How they can come back from this we will never know..

Or, the treasurer made a human error in forgetting to pay the bill..

100% would say we forgot to pay the bill becuase we don't PAY a single PLAYER.
Also it's the first I've heard of this!!

Lol
sinister23
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Milly » Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 pm

So after speaking to a couple of mates from two different clubs who have played a top team in the reserves over the last two weeks, you have to love the arrogance of a certain club who actually puts a spare footy behind their goal posts to be given to the boundary umpire once they kick a goal to save time and get it back to the middle quicker. They even have there players grab the footy and give it to the umps. One team on sat nearly lost there match ball due to this club throwing the spare footy to the ump while the host club ball was still being collected after a goal.
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby oldman » Thu May 04, 2017 12:06 am

Milly wrote:So after speaking to a couple of mates from two different clubs who have played a top team in the reserves over the last two weeks, you have to love the arrogance of a certain club who actually puts a spare footy behind their goal posts to be given to the boundary umpire once they kick a goal to save time and get it back to the middle quicker. They even have there players grab the footy and give it to the umps. One team on sat nearly lost there match ball due to this club throwing the spare footy to the ump while the host club ball was still being collected after a goal.

Wow this really is taking it to seriously..... care to nominate the club doing such things
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Q. » Thu May 04, 2017 9:18 am

Well, there's only one b grade team in this division full of arrogant wankers, so not hard to guess
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu May 04, 2017 9:26 am

Milly wrote:So after speaking to a couple of mates from two different clubs who have played a top team in the reserves over the last two weeks, you have to love the arrogance of a certain club who actually puts a spare footy behind their goal posts to be given to the boundary umpire once they kick a goal to save time and get it back to the middle quicker. They even have there players grab the footy and give it to the umps. One team on sat nearly lost there match ball due to this club throwing the spare footy to the ump while the host club ball was still being collected after a goal.

What's wrong with that ?
Imagine losing a total of 2-3 mins per Qtr which happens often in the B grade and going down by a point in the last Qtr with the ball in your forward lines. No time on in the Bs.
Chuck in if you miss out on a finals berth in that scenario.
Teams are mad if they don't do it.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 am

Computer Crashed wrote:What's wrong with that ?
Imagine losing a total of 2-3 mins per Qtr which happens often in the B grade and going down by a point in the last Qtr with the ball in your forward lines. No time on in the Bs.

Really lol? If it comes down to missing finals due to percentage - particularly B grade - then i would be more concerned with not winning more games, rather than the few goals you could've kicked against the lower sides lol.

Percentage means stuff all to me in B grade, get the wins you should get, everything else will take care of itself.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:35 am

Q. wrote:Well, there's only one b grade team in this division full of arrogant wankers, so not hard to guess

The only arrogant wanker going around in this division is a player who gets sent off and attacks a spectator holding a 2 week old baby.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

hfoxe16 wrote:The only arrogant wanker going around in this division is a player who gets sent off and attacks a spectator holding a 2 week old baby.

I take offense to that.. i like to think i'm an arrogant wanker too :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu May 04, 2017 9:53 am

Zartan wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:What's wrong with that ?

Really lol? If it comes down to missing finals due to percentage - particularly B grade - then i would be more concerned with not winning more games, rather than the few goals you could've kicked against the lower sides lol.

Percentage means stuff all to me in B grade, get the wins you should get, everything else will take care of itself.

Or you could look at the other scenario.
Up by 2 points, opposition kicks a point and the designated ball getter gets the ball and charges down Glenora Drive.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 am

I umpired a game last year where a team kicked 23 goals in a quarter, it went for 39 minutes. The next time I had the losing side from that day I insisted we follow that procedure.

I also love doing a B Grade game when someone boots the ball a mile when they're 5 metres out from goal, free money.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 04, 2017 10:01 am

Computer Crashed wrote:Or you could look at the other scenario.
Up by 2 points, opposition kicks a point and the designated ball getter gets the ball and charges down Glenora Drive.

Better scenario, that one makes more sense to me.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I umpired a game last year where a team kicked 23 goals in a quarter, it went for 39 minutes. The next time I had the losing side from that day I insisted we follow that procedure.

I also love doing a B Grade game when someone boots the ball a mile when they're 5 metres out from goal, free money.

Funny thing about this is that if it is the club im thinking, before the start of our game i asked my son to ask the timekeeper how long the quarters were, there timekeeper insisted on 20 minutes to which i told my son no they are 22, my son did try to tell the timekeeper but he was insisted on it being 20 minutes. In the end i was happy we only played 20 lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:44 am

The_Informer wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Funny thing about this is that if it is the club im thinking, before the start of our game i asked my son to ask the timekeeper how long the quarters were, there timekeeper insisted on 20 minutes to which i told my son no they are 22, my son did try to tell the timekeeper but he was insisted on it being 20 minutes. In the end i was happy we only played 20 lol

can this team afford footballs or do they sandbag?
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am

I'm going out on a limb and saying its Pulteney.....
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 am

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:6.11 No Member Club may participate in any competition of The League whilst any affiliation fees are in arrears

So they pay their fees by the weekend they'll be right to go - or will this result stand and serve as a lesson to all who fail to meet their obligations?

I see Elizabeth have unforfeited now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby oldman » Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 am

Q. wrote:Well, there's only one b grade team in this division full of arrogant wankers, so not hard to guess

I know a team that played your rabble a few weeks ago and your mob kept saying that the result in the B grade didn't matter and they didn't care about getting belted. They then kept saying that their A grade would flog the opposition and how this B grade is stacked. Funny thing is the result in the A grade were no different. Have you ever heard of the saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" probably far bigger issues at Houghton than worrying about other clubs?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League