TV ADs by Port Power

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: TV ADs by Port Power

Postby Hazydog » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 am

I do find it amusing how Port want their cake and to eat it as well though when it comes to their conditions of entry into the SANFL.

It would seem pretty straight forward that once you hand in your original place in the SANFL and replace it with an AFL Reserves Team, that you forgo any past association you previously had, and start from scratch as an AFL Reserves Team.

It's like divorcing a wife, but then when interacting with her later on expecting to still get all the benefits of the previous matrimonious (is that a word?)arrangement, and expecting the same loyalty/goodwill in return..

In fairness though, while the SANFL are collectively as spineless as they are, the likes of Port and the Crows will milk the situation for all its worth - and no-one can really blame them for doing that.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am

Hazydog wrote:I do find it amusing how Port want their cake and to eat it as well though when it comes to their conditions of entry into the SANFL.

It would seem pretty straight forward that once you hand in your original place in the SANFL and replace it with an AFL Reserves Team, that you forgo any past association you previously had, and start from scratch as an AFL Reserves Team.

It's like divorcing a wife, but then when interacting with her later on expecting to still get all the benefits of the previous matrimonious (is that a word?)arrangement, and expecting the same loyalty/goodwill in return..

In fairness though, while the SANFL are collectively as spineless as they are, the likes of Port and the Crows will milk the situation for all its worth - and no-one can really blame them for doing that.

To use your analogy, if you do get divorced does that mean you erase all the memories, milestones etc that you once shared?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby stan » Wed May 03, 2017 11:41 am

Booney wrote:
Hazydog wrote:I do find it amusing how Port want their cake and to eat it as well though when it comes to their conditions of entry into the SANFL.

To use your analogy, if you do get divorced does that mean you erase all the memories, milestones etc that you once shared?

Not so much erased but I thought more burried deep in ones memory and then physical things burnt.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tipper » Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:To use your analogy, if you do get divorced does that mean you erase all the memories, milestones etc that you once shared?

no, but i would have thought that usually you dont get to continue "playing" with her anymore for free*.....

*is it ever really free??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:

If you get killed the person who murdered you doesn't get to have them even if they change their name to yours by deed poll.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:To use your analogy, if you do get divorced does that mean you erase all the memories, milestones etc that you once shared?

no, but i would have thought that usually you dont get to continue "playing" with her anymore for free*.....

Think we all know the answer to this one mate ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 pm

BOLLOCKS I wont blame them.

They know what they are doing and what the long term effects will be. They quite simply dont care about anyone but themselves. Thus why they wanted the independence so Chapman doesnt have to feel guilty over what hes done anymore.

Keith Thomas played over 300 games of SANFL football over 13 years. But now spends his entire day working out how to manipulate SA football to guilt/position Olsen so he can extract more money out of SA footy for PAFC to simply spend.

If he could kill off a SANFL club and PAFC would pocket $250K out of such a deed he wouldn't even think twice about it.

He Like Trigg are a disgrace to SA football. I have no dramas with AFL people from interstate hurting SA football but I have a huge issue with paid SA football employees assisting the vics with selling us out.

We held a friggin gala dinner for Dimitriou FFS but we cant afford to have an SANFL GF Dinner.

They all need to be held to account IMHO!!!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Hazydog » Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 pm

tipper wrote:

Think this sums it up - the memories and milestones are yours to keep - no one can take that away from you. But your privileges and rights are instantly removed - and you must live by the new terms of the relationship.

Of course you can still try to seduce or take advantage of your former partner, but morally, to take advantage of someone less fortunate than yourself for your own personal gain is reprehensible I'm sure you will agree? ;)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Hazydog wrote:
tipper wrote:

Think this sums it up - the memories and milestones are yours to keep - no one can take that away from you. But your privileges and rights are instantly removed - and you must live by the new terms of the relationship.
Of course you can still try to seduce or take advantage of your former partner, but morally, to take advantage of someone less fortunate than yourself for your own personal gain is reprehensible I'm sure you will agree? ;)

I'm amazed you think the SANFL is less fortunate than us. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby blueandwhite » Thu May 04, 2017 1:09 pm

The Port Adelaide FC in the sanfl, that began in 1876 or whenever it was, ceased to exist when it merged with an AFL franchise 6-7 years ago. That Afl franchise has since played a reserves team by license in the SANFL. Since then the PAFC has not had a delegate on the SANFL, and has no voting rights either. ...and unlike the Crows pays no fee to play.
The fact that the PAFCs reserves side is called the Magpies and wears the prison bars is purely a marketing ploy from the franchise marketing department to attract a few waivering supporters from its time in the SANFL.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby MW » Thu May 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Who gives a shit TBH
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Reddeer » Thu May 04, 2017 3:00 pm

MW wrote:Who gives a shit TBH

Well those of us who support the SANFL (whats left of it) do and don't like the Power getting it both ways and be given a cushion ride expense free
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL