6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 pm

I didn't say anything was inappropriate, however I will ask that you cut out any personal attacks when answering (that also goes for everyone - looking at you Q)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Q. » Thu May 04, 2017 6:33 pm

oldman wrote:I would also like some clarification on what I said which is not appropriate for this forum. If it were the post about Houghton losing their A grade captain and coach and having far bigger issues than if 2 balls are used to speed up the game then that would all be factually correct which surely is what we want?

Both were out of the club's control unfortunately. Everything is fine apart from the zero in the wins column.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu May 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I didn't say anything was inappropriate, however I will ask that you cut out any personal attacks when answering (that also goes for everyone - looking at you Q)

I don't think I personally attacked anyone today, however, a couple of people seemed to find a nice fitting shoe.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Good banter today.. play on! :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Milly » Thu May 04, 2017 11:21 pm

oldman wrote:Just taking pot shots at inept clubs and it's so easy

F.C a few years back would have pulled you into line guess like all of us she is getting older and slower[/quote]

Can I ask you Robb Stark what I have said that offends you? Don't think anything posted on here by myself has been terribly offensive.[/quote]

That said oldman, posts having a crack at other clubs can be inflammatory and provoke slanging matches, which is technically trolling (and it shits me to tears)

It's in the site rules.[/quote]

Geez there goes 50% of the crap posted on here. Interesting tho that I also provide a weekly preview which is generally pretty good.

I would also like some clarification on what I said which is not appropriate for this forum. If it were the post about Houghton losing their A grade captain and coach and having far bigger issues than if 2 balls are used to speed up the game then that would all be factually correct which surely is what we want?[/quote]

Well at least he is admiting that Pultney do use two balls and have a spare one at the goal posts. I always thought you had to wait for the ump to call for a new ball?
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Yank Man » Thu May 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:is OldHam even part of any club in div 6 or just likes to pick part other clubs

I reckon he's somehow got something to do with Pulteney OS 8)

If my memory serves me correct oldman was Pulteney's reserves coach last year.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 05, 2017 9:46 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:is OldHam even part of any club in div 6 or just likes to pick part other clubs

I reckon he's somehow got something to do with Pulteney OS 8)

You're not just a hat rack! ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby morell » Fri May 05, 2017 10:00 am

Milly wrote:Well at least he is admiting that Pultney do use two balls and have a spare one at the goal posts. I always thought you had to wait for the ump to call for a new ball?
If it were me and we were getting spanked and they were being arrogant I would boot the one near the goalposts into the Pulteney spa.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby oldman » Fri May 05, 2017 10:08 am

Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 am

Very prickly.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri May 05, 2017 10:17 am

[quote="oldman"]Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?[/quote

All the opposition has to do on a behind is refuse to kick the spare ball in and instead go and retrieve the 'match ball'. If I was an opposition B grade coach I would be speaking to my umpire about it before the game, they get the defensive end anyway.....problem solved :lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Arch44 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:25 am

No
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Fri May 05, 2017 10:28 am

oldman wrote:Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?
I think I am starting to agree with Q.

You won last years flag in the division above. You're undefeated. Your position on the ladder will be dependent on your games vs Elizabeth. Keeping footys by the goals posts when you're winning by 25 goals so you can maximise percentage in Division 6 Reserves is honestly pretty sad.

Whoever is responsible for that needs to go home and have a look in the mirror and realise exactly where they're at. Show some humility FFS.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby zedman » Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 am

oldman wrote:Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby oldman » Fri May 05, 2017 11:10 am

zedman wrote:

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)

Much like last year's gf
oldman
Under 16s

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 am

Mawson Lakes vs Elizabeth
A few ML players might of had to cancel their round of golf this Saturday after the news swirled through on Wednesday morning. However their smiles then turned upside down when the game was called back on. No doubt about it their going to need an improve performance from last week otherwise they could be looking at another flogging by 100 pts. Elizabeth would be disappointed in the way they performed last week allowing Houghton back into the game after halftime. The only difference was Darryl Cotter due to Houghton not having anyone strong enough to go with the key forward. Look for Jordan Stewart & Austin Reeves to continue their strong starts to the season.
Elizabeth by 97 pts

Pulteney Vs West Croydon
Game of the week sees Pulteney host WC and many questions will be answered after this game.
Can Pulteney win against a Top 5 side after playing Fitzroy, Houghton, SW & ML to start the year?
How will WC pull up after a hard fought win against Ingle Farm?
Jack Turner was crucial in the first half last week kicking 5 majors playing as a small forward and rolling through the midfield at times. Can he continue this on Saturday?
Will Luke Nicholls be able to stop former South Adelaide back turn forward Josh Giddings from adding to his already growing goal tally?
The Blues have made 4 changes to their side the most they have had to make to start the season will this affect their chemistry?
Pulteney by 17 points

Ingle Farm Vs Fitzroy
Well Fitzroy finally got that first win for the season which they'll be hoping they can transfer this Saturday. After 2 weeks of 4 changes to the team lineup can the lions finally find that settled formation? Its not a good start with last weeks BOG Damian Harvey missing this weekends action. Ingle farm would be disappointed with how they played as team last week especially with how easy WC managed to win the ball out of the middle after half time. The Bulldogs will be pumped for this one after 2 loses in consecutive weeks expect a response. A lot of responsibility will be given to Steve Gannell as the farmers are without three of their best this weekend Grae Grant, Paul Bone and Anthony Spence.
Ingle Farm 22 points

Brahma Lodge Vs Houghton
Brahma Lodge had the game won at half time but threw it away after injuries took its toll and SW run became to much. McIntyre only booted 3 goals and the tigers will be looking to supply him some more ball to improve his favoritism to be the goal kicking god in Div 6. Houghton on the other hand would be reasonably happy with their performance against Elizabeth. They struggled early on but coach Almond would be happy with how his players fought till the very end and got within a couple of goals in the 3rd quarter.
Brahma Lodge 12 points
Last edited by hfoxe16 on Fri May 05, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 am

Open to manipulation. Shouldn't be allowed.

I doubt they'd have a second footy available when an opposition team is kicking with a strong wind.

Or when they're sitting on a tight lead in a close game.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 am

Can't say its ever crossed my mind actually having a spare ball. I do think it's a bit disrespectful to the sides like Mawson Lakes & Houghton who have predominantly struggled in the B grade with depth.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby oldman » Fri May 05, 2017 11:27 am

Consider the spare football at each end finished.

What's happening out at Ingle Farm another week without their stars?
oldman
Under 16s

Postby hfoxe16 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:30 am

oldman wrote:Consider the spare football at each end finished.

What's happening out at Ingle Farm another week without their stars?

Keegan Brinkley missing for a second week is a big blow up forward 3 games and 11 goals next to his name.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League