Life ban

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Life ban

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:14 pm

These bans were sanctioned by ASADA, not the AFL or any subsequent footy league and therefore wouldn't count, I'd say...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Wilbur » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Trader wrote:
jo172 wrote:Should Jobe Watson, Patrick Ryder etc be subject to life bans?

I'm not sure, but I do think its an interesting question.

Rules say if you've missed 12 games, we will de-register you.
Player is suspended from playing for a period greater than 12 games, but is allowed to play on after serving his ban.

I'm not saying if it's right or wrong, but I do find it interesting that we count games for some things, but not others.

Yes, Brunoli's suspension came from an infringement in another sport, but it was considered relevant enough for him to miss 2 years of SAAFL.

In some ways its similar to the rosewater lads who copped games for a picture on facebook. Those games count towards their 12 match limit.

Once again, not saying if it should or shouldn't count, but it is an interesting situation if you ask me.

What a joke that was. Not only did the publisher of the photo get (what I'm led to believe was) a season ban, but the people in it also copped a few games. How were they to know what purpose the photo would be used?

Surely the league has been a bit precious with this. The post was from a private fb page, not one that was club endorsed or the like.

I'm not sure that a SANFL or AFL player would cop such a ban for the same conduct.

Game bans for off-field conduct does not sit well with me.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Wilbur wrote:
Trader wrote:

Player is suspended from playing for a period greater than 12 games, but is allowed to play on after serving his ban.

I'm not saying if it's right or wrong, but I do find it interesting that we count games for some things, but not others.

Yes, Brunoli's suspension came from an infringement in another sport, but it was considered relevant enough for him to miss 2 years of SAAFL.

In some ways its similar to the rosewater lads who copped games for a picture on facebook. Those games count towards their 12 match limit.

Once again, not saying if it should or shouldn't count, but it is an interesting situation if you ask me.

What a joke that was. Not only did the publisher of the photo get (what I'm led to believe was) a season ban, but the people in it also copped a few games. How were they to know what purpose the photo would be used?

Surely the league has been a bit precious with this. The post was from a private fb page, not one that was club endorsed or the like.

I'm not sure that a SANFL or AFL player would cop such a ban for the same conduct.

problem was it was posted to a 'Public' page for all to see and falls under defamation :roll:

like the morons that are teeing off at Adelaide Crows players last night with derogatory comments you might be able to say it in the privacy of your own home to a few mates and get away with it, but if its written and posted on the internet (or recorded and posted too) you have a snowflake's chance in hell......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:46 pm

I believe they got one game and was split between 2 rounds so not everyone had to miss round 1.

I'm sure if an AFL player did the same, there would be consequences, at least at club level

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Gazza's Scalp » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:These bans were sanctioned by ASADA, not the AFL or any subsequent footy league and therefore wouldn't count, I'd say...

I agree that Brunoli (and Essendon players) are different as they are bans imposed by someone external to the AFL. Tuck's however was a 12 game suspension because of the AFL three strike rule.

I didn't realise AFL games are halved. Is it half for SANFL or are they game for game?
Gazza's Scalp
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Trader wrote:

Brunoli was registered in the River Murray League The the time if you want to go full parliamentary procedure. Cleared into the Adelaide Footy League after ban (same with Travis Tuck)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Gazza's Scalp wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:These bans were sanctioned by ASADA, not the AFL or any subsequent footy league and therefore wouldn't count, I'd say...

I agree that Brunoli (and Essendon players) are different as they are bans imposed by someone external to the AFL. Tuck's however was a 12 game suspension because of the AFL three strike rule.

I didn't realise AFL games are halved. Is it half for SANFL or are they game for game?

Just AFL.

From memory Clint Alleway came very close to a nation wide ban for passing 16 SANFL games a few years back
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Trader wrote:

How does a club imposed penalty, in any way, contribute to games included in tribunal/SAAFL/AFL suspensions?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Spangas » Tue May 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Wilbur wrote: The post was from a private fb page, not one that was club endorsed or the like.

These don't exist.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby ROOBOY18 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Anyone know what year did the deregistration rule come in?
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:Anyone know what year did the deregistration rule come in?

Yep, it was end of 2007, it was brought in as a result of our 2005 GF

Footy Chick

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Cheers FC, so my understanding is that if you happened to be suspended for a total of 16 game before the start of 2008 season you are free to play, however 1 more suspension after that and you get deregistered....does this sound right????
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby turk186 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 am

ROOBOY18 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Cheers FC, so my understanding is that if you happened to be suspended for a total of 16 game before the start of 2008 season you are free to play, however 1 more suspension after that and you get deregistered....does this sound right????

No It was retrospective .. we had a player banned for life for more than 12 games suspended in his playing history,,, Shadiac and Co. even leaked it to the media before the player was informed. he in fact found out reading it in the paper.... very poor
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:41 am

turk186 wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

No It was retrospective .. we had a player banned for life for more than 12 games suspended in his playing history,,, Shadiac and Co. even leaked it to the media before the player was informed. he in fact found out reading it in the paper.... very poor

This is from the Community Footy Rules & Reg....

vi) Should a Player/Official’s Suspension history already have reached or exceeded a combined total of sixteen (16) weeks Suspension at the time of implementing this policy, the League is to formally advise the Player/Official and the Player’s/Official’s club that the Player/Official faces Deregistration should the Player/Official incur another Suspension.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 09, 2017 11:01 am

What's triggered the sudden interest Rooboy? The 12 game rule doesn't apply out at Plains league, does it? Only the AFL imposed 16 game ban would I gather?

Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:What's triggered the sudden interest Rooboy? The 12 game rule doesn't apply out at Plains league, does it? Only the AFL imposed 16 game ban would I gather?

Long story , I'll email you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Speaking of Life Bans, did anyone see Greenday last week?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Wilbur wrote:
Trader wrote:

A number of years back an entire club was ejected from the Gaelic Football comp as a result of posts on an online forum, then again that was the early days of forums and social media, but still I don't think a lot of sporting governing bodies know how to handle online content well.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby VALE PARK » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Looks like no reports this week.
None on tribunal site Tuesday arvo.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 pm

VALE PARK wrote:Looks like no reports this week.
None on tribunal site Tuesday arvo.

Tribunal is on Wednesday night
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League