Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Sun May 07, 2017 8:43 pm

limb wrote:Surely someone from the GSFL Executive could listen to the recording of the radio call and tally the scores as the action is being called??

Aren't the callers/commentators from the executive? Surely they should be able to dismiss any inconsistencies/errors immediately.

My guess is that they won't want to set a precedence and will back down (sticking with the umpire's decision) even though they know the actual result.

Who was awarded the mystery goal (if true)? Wouldn't want to be the bloke it was given to. I could guarantee there is not a footy player in the country who loses count of how many goals they have kicked for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Sun May 07, 2017 8:52 pm

neverwas neverwillbe wrote:
limb wrote:Surely someone from the GSFL Executive could listen to the recording of the radio call and tally the scores as the action is being called??

Aren't the callers/commentators from the executive? Surely they should be able to dismiss any inconsistencies/errors immediately.

My guess is that they won't want to set a precedence and will back down (sticking with the umpire's decision) even though they know the actual result.

Who was awarded the mystery goal (if true)? Wouldn't want to be the bloke it was given to. I could guarantee there is not a footy player in the country who loses count of how many goals they have kicked for the day.

I am positive the ol boys will stick together again and never let the truth get in the way :twisted: Another skeleton to be added to the ever increasing closet...what is the total amount of years in age between the callers 160+ :rolleyes:

dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Yetti » Sun May 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Kevin was spoken to within 5 minutes of the finish.
He said the score was a win to McLaren 11-7 to 10-10 and called out the goalkickers

He knows the true result!!!!!!!!!!

If club officials can report a player, surely a league official can adjudicate on a goal umpires incorrect marking on a card.
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby The Yetti » Sun May 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Yetti wrote:You are correct. The Goal Umpires scorecards are official. Umpires are always right and I have always respected that. Tested me more than ever.......only because I am sure someone is being dishonest. What really disappoints me is that it seems Victor Harbor has found an extra goalkicker. Spoke to Ian Basham and he is sure that Victor never hit the front, while Grant Levi was pretty flippant about it saying that we lost but we won and you won but lost.
Has winning become that important in country football

Yetti; do the umpires signal to the scoreboard "scores correct" at every break?

Yes. It is protocol. would be times when it is not done of course
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Yetti » Sun May 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Simple fact of the matter. The goal umpires were wrong. No need to dance around the issue.
The League know, Both Clubs know, the goal umpires know.....So GSFL please fix it
Yea we can make it so it doesn't happen again by getting the goal umpires and timekeepers to sign off 4 scorecards
But it doesn't make Saturday's result correct
At the end of round 18 we look at the ladder and Victor is top on percentage instead of 4th and win the flag is a possibility
Over and out on this issue I don't need another heart attack
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Yetti » Sun May 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I kicked 6 twice and lost count both times
I feel sorry for the secretary and team manager of Victor who had to continue the trail of mistruths when putting the scores on sporting pulse and then a phantom goalkicker, and then our League secretary doing the same thing when filing the scorecards and then the umpires who have to speak to the umpires coach. One error of judgement (probably by the goal umpire who marked a goal instead of a point and convinced the other goal umpire to agree with him) has compromised the credibility of more and more people, eventually to League President
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Postby LuvsFooty » Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Bad luck unfortunately. Brings back memories of the 2011 b grade second semi. That time Mclaren were on the receiving end of a mysterious point after teams went to positions for extra time. 1 goal umpire had an extra point, which you'd think someone else at the ground would have picked up in an elimination Final. Everyone that day knows that game was a draw but it's not recorded as one
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby mutton cove » Mon May 08, 2017 9:42 am

McLaren v Victor, if the situation was reversed it would all be rectified by now. GSFL or FSFL (Far South FL).
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Jimmy Recard » Mon May 08, 2017 10:03 am

LuvsFooty wrote:Bad luck unfortunately. Brings back memories of the 2011 b grade second semi. That time Mclaren were on the receiving end of a mysterious point after teams went to positions for extra time. 1 goal umpire had an extra point, which you'd think someone else at the ground would have picked up in an elimination Final. Everyone that day knows that game was a draw but it's not recorded as one

I like it LF... Surprised Vale even care about their A Grade result... won't be long before they start stacking their B Grade for a tilt at another finals failure :P
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Jimmy Recard » Mon May 08, 2017 10:09 am

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

GSFL Executive committee have hired the services of this man to review the evidence and determine the official outcome!

harvey.jpg
harvey.jpg (21.43 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby LuvsFooty » Mon May 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:Bad luck unfortunately. Brings back memories of the 2011 b grade second semi. That time Mclaren were on the receiving end of a mysterious point after teams went to positions for extra time. 1 goal umpire had an extra point, which you'd think someone else at the ground would have picked up in an elimination Final. Everyone that day knows that game was a draw but it's not recorded as one

I like it LF... Surprised Vale even care about their A Grade result... won't be long before they start stacking their B Grade for a tilt at another finals failure :P

Not having a go at McLaren, just saying that its rare but it has happened before. Just a coincidence that they were on the right end last time I can recall it. If it was one of the Far South clubs, it wouldn't be "sorted" by now, because it never got "sorted" for us. Its done!
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby mutton cove » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Correction, V.H. / E.B Ivory Tower. Control tower GSFL.
mutton cove
Rookie

Postby dogsrbarkin » Mon May 08, 2017 1:43 pm

The Yetti wrote:

I kicked 6 twice and lost count both times
I feel sorry for the secretary and team manager of Victor who had to continue the trail of mistruths when putting the scores on sporting pulse and then a phantom goalkicker, and then our League secretary doing the same thing when filing the scorecards and then the umpires who have to speak to the umpires coach. One error of judgement (probably by the goal umpire who marked a goal instead of a point and convinced the other goal umpire to agree with him) has compromised the credibility of more and more people, eventually to League President

Yetti you are too nice....All parties concerned have lied to cover up 1 mistake!

Scores wrong.... goal umps mistake
Extra Goal kicker...VICTOR team manager has lied

For Christ sake get it right we don't need to go back in years past to dig up old bones do we. Its done they wont look at it let alone change it, I feel sorry for a club that's struggling to win a game then they win one only to be ripped off :(
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Mon May 08, 2017 7:33 pm

The Yetti wrote: However their cards both say that Victor kicked 3 goals in the 3rd quarter. They did in fact only kick 2.

Qtr by Qtr scores on Sporting Pulse have Victor only kicking 2 goals in the 3rd quarter.

If the goal umpires involved are adamant that they were right and the powers to be know for a fact that they are wrong then they should be suspended from goal umpiring indefinitely.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby mutton cove » Mon May 08, 2017 10:25 pm

The 2017 GSFL season has know been compromised.
mutton cove
Rookie

Postby dogsrbarkin » Tue May 09, 2017 4:54 pm

As it is 3 days on ....any news :roll:
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby GWW » Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Looks like McLaren have been awarded the win..

https://m.facebook.com/mclareneaglesfc/
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby The Yetti » Tue May 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Well done to all parties concerned. GSFL, Umpires Association, VHFC, MFC.
A very thorough and professional review headed by the GSFL
Final scores MFC 11-7 defeated VHFC 10-10
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Postby field of dreams » Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Well controlled Yetti. I understand your passion was probably testing your sportsmanship at times. I said nothing because Mclaren had every right to be upset.
Whilst putting the rules into question could open Pandora's box, if it was proved both goal umpires were wrong then the right outcome has prevailed.
Pity some others aren't as fair minded as you.

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby oldbomber » Wed May 10, 2017 9:22 am

The Yetti wrote:Well done to all parties concerned. GSFL, Umpires Association, VHFC, MFC.
A very thorough and professional review headed by the GSFL
Final scores MFC 11-7 defeated VHFC 10-10

Great outcome achieved by reviewing factual evidence by the sound of it. Cant beleive it was sorted this quick. Great work by all involved. Shame on the team manager if he tried to cheat...
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy