30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Hopefully that's the case and with the relationship EP share atm they are just happy to let him go before the weekend and look forward to a nice solid hit out against us!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby zedman » Wed May 10, 2017 3:53 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:He knows a lot of the boys playing for EP also, plus after leaving smithfield this year he was looking for another club that he could stay at for a few years and hopefully he'll be apart of another successful few years! He knows we have a good chance at playing deep during this years finals series and wanted to get on board.. Ok so he definitely needs to be approved by Smithfield so chances are he is not going to be playing this Saturday lol

i heard abdulla will be an "out" as well..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Pag » Wed May 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Milly wrote:Pag you might want to read this mate

16.11 Any player registered with a Member Club in either the current or previous year and who is transferred to another league, association or Member Club in the current year shall only be transferred back to the original Member Club within the current year, unless the original Member Club agrees to such other transfer.

Wow, fair enough. Like Q said though, I can't fathom how Smithfield can have any claim to his future once they have cleared him once?

Abdulla played last week and was pretty solid down back?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Pag wrote:
Milly wrote:Pag you might want to read this mate

16.11 Any player registered with a Member Club in either the current or previous year and who is transferred to another league, association or Member Club in the current year shall only be transferred back to the original Member Club within the current year, unless the original Member Club agrees to such other transfer.

Wow, fair enough. Like Q said though, I can't fathom how Smithfield can have any claim to his future once they have cleared him once?

Abdulla played last week and was pretty solid down back?

no doubt..good player..but he wont be playing this week..

the rule is there to keep players from using a second club to get to a third club that their current club may not clear them to for whatever reasons..smithfield can deny the clearance but im sure logic will prevail but it might take 4 days to be settled.. :)

i think it was fisher in div 1 who went modbury to broadview to barmera but modbury had the final say?
zedman
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Whats the deal with 12 clearances from Kilburn to EP in the last 2 days?

C12's or whatever you call it I'd say.

C7's - correct, they're all players who play in the C7 competition, don't (usually) play in the regular Saturday afternoon comp.

Maybe Kilburn have dropped C7's and Eastern Park taken them on?

HTF Sean Flintoff qualifies is beyond me.

Genuine question why wouldn't he
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Other way around but we get your point :lol: (from Broadies....)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Demon Juke » Wed May 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Pag wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Does anyone know how mark garners clearance will work? Now he is coming back to the SAAFL does smithfield have to clear him to eastern park as well as paskies clearing him back to play amateurs? Because if that's the case, I'm not sure he will get to play against them Saturday lol

No clearance needed from Smithfield, only from Pasky.

I'd love the hear the reasons as to why he chose EP over Smithfield though?

One reason is Thommo is Asst. Coach at Eastern Park now!
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Pag wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Does anyone know how mark garners clearance will work? Now he is coming back to the SAAFL does smithfield have to clear him to eastern park as well as paskies clearing him back to play amateurs? Because if that's the case, I'm not sure he will get to play against them Saturday lol

One reason is Thommo is Asst. Coach at Eastern Park now!

zedman
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed May 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Word from the Smithfield camp is that they are going to let him go with no hassles and he should be all good to play this week! I'm sure plenty of other clubs would have held off and made him wait a week before clearing him but i take my hat off to Smithfield and to their coach for doing the right thing!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby coman » Wed May 10, 2017 7:19 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Word from the Smithfield camp is that they are going to let him go with no hassles and he should be all good to play this week! I'm sure plenty of other clubs would have held off and made him wait a week before clearing him but i take my hat off to Smithfield and to their coach for doing the right thing!

Just makes the game more interesting, plus I gave one of my boys the job on garner last Saturday night so I don't won't to disappoint that player,all so there's no need to be spiteful just because Eastern park could come to party to sign him.
Last edited by coman on Wed May 10, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times

Postby coman » Wed May 10, 2017 7:24 pm

We have just had some tragic heart breaking news at SFC,our time keeper and canteen ladies baby boy at 4 months sadly passed away today.they are long term committee members too.very sad news for our football club.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times

Postby Jacks » Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 pm

zedman wrote:
Pag wrote:

he likes flags..isnt there a rule about a player transferring twice in the same season needing clearance from the original club or is that only intra league?

Garner chasing flags again? Love these club hoppers chasing money & flags!
Jacks
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 pm

coman wrote:We have just had some tragic heart breaking news at SFC,our time keeper and canteen ladies baby boy at 4 mouths sadly passed away today.they are long term committee members too.very sad news for our football club.

That's very sad Coman

Knowing the folk at Smiffies though, they'll get right around your loyal club people and help them through this very sad time.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed May 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Couldn't agree more mate definitely makes for a much more interesting game now, will be good for both sides supporters to watch! Condolences to the family and the whole footy club on behalf of eastern park, let us know if there is anything we can do at all!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 am

Yank Man wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Today at Edwardstown one of their junior teams lined up alongside the players race and handed out high fives to both teams. They did this for the As and Bs and were really enthusiastic about it too. The bloke organising them did a fantastic job. The kids seemed to love it and were great sports. Really reflected well on their club.

That was our U11's Shrek and the organiser was their coach x North Adelaide player and A grade great at Towns Matt Carberry. Thanks for the recognition and yes it was great to see.

I also thought it was a nice touch.

There's so many things city clubs could learn from country/outer metro/any league not called Adelaide Footy League in terms of general atmosphere.

Edwardstown are lucky enough to have spent time in both worlds, and I hope the club keeps that atmosphere up, as it was a great day out.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 11, 2017 10:31 am

coman wrote:We have just had some tragic heart breaking news at SFC,our time keeper and canteen ladies baby boy at 4 months sadly passed away today.they are long term committee members too.very sad news for our football club.

Absolutely heart-breaking, words can't describe how terrible this is, I've felt sick all morning, life can be so cruel.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 11, 2017 10:35 am

Footy Chick wrote:
coman wrote:We have just had some tragic heart breaking news at SFC,our time keeper and canteen ladies baby boy at 4 mouths sadly passed away today.they are long term committee members too.very sad news for our football club.

That's very sad Coman

Knowing the folk at Smiffies though, they'll get right around your loyal club people and help them through this very sad time.

Yes, although it's been kept under wraps ATM, you can see the support flooding through from other club members on FB, it's really emotional stuff, I'm glad I'm tucked away from everyone at work.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

coman wrote:We have just had some tragic heart breaking news at SFC,our time keeper and canteen ladies baby boy at 4 months sadly passed away today.they are long term committee members too.very sad news for our football club.

That is bloody horrible. I'm sure your club will do everything possible to support them and eachother.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:12 am

Condolences.

Horrible news.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 11, 2017 11:59 am

My heart goes out to them and the extended Smithfield family.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League