No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Pag » Mon May 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Houghton B Grade Vs Trinity B Grade.

B.O.G. Trinity Umpire 3,2,1

The umpire that you had on the weekend isn't the one we had in previous years so I cant comment..

I don't generally make comments about umpires. But I have always believed that if there is a mellee. No matter who started it. If you're gonna send 1 player from 1 team off. Then there should also be 1 player from the other team sent off too. Because players don't normally fight themselves. So losing 2 players from our side in the same situation and none from Trinity. Seems very one sided umpiring. Especially when we were all over them in the 3rd quarter to go into the break 2 goals up. In my mind. He ruined a good game. Would have been a ripper last quarter. All it did was give Trinity a 2 player advantage and we couldn't hold on.

A melee generally doesn't start until a third person enters the equation. The third man in is usually the one penalised because he is the one escalating the situation.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm

A Grade - Elizabeth v Pulteney - both undefeated
B Grade - Elizabeth v Pulteney - both undefeated
C Grade - Elizabeth v PNU - both only lost one game

Oh boy wowee! What a huge day in store at Argana Park!! Can't believe this hasn't been the talk of the morning!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Zartan wrote:A Grade - Elizabeth v Pulteney - both undefeated

Oh boy wowee! What a huge day in store at Argana Park!! Can't believe this hasn't been the talk of the morning!

wellinghammmmmmmmmmm!!

Those games aswell as the Bramha Lodge vs West Croydon match up
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 15, 2017 3:29 pm

morell wrote:In that situation the Houghton umpire should've sent Trinity players off as well.

Exactly
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Q. wrote:
morell wrote:In that situation the Houghton umpire should've sent Trinity players off as well.

Exactly

Houghton umpire is quality should umpire for league..
St Pauls umpire also quality

Most club umpires do cheat and don't even know most of the rules anyway. League needs to supply proper umpires for all divs the days of cheating umpires is becoming a joke.
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 15, 2017 3:52 pm

D6 - DJ McIntyre - 38 goals
D6R - Ben Clark - 35 goals

Will both these blokes kick 100 this season?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Zartan wrote:D6 - DJ McIntyre - 38 goals
D6R - Ben Clark - 35 goals

Will both these blokes kick 100 this season?

In short........NO.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby oldman » Mon May 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Zartan wrote:A Grade - Elizabeth v Pulteney - both undefeated

You watched the Blues on the weekend I'm sure you left Saturday confident that next time the results will be different? Considering the quality IF had put in the 1s they will make a huge difference in the second half of the year. Farmers 2s will be much better with the flow on of players returning and only need to make up a few goals. What would you be expecting this weekend in the top of the table clash
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 15, 2017 6:20 pm

oldman wrote:You watched the Blues on the weekend I'm sure you left Saturday confident that next time the results will be different? Considering the quality IF had put in the 1s they will make a huge difference in the second half of the year. Farmers 2s will be much better with the flow on of players returning and only need to make up a few goals. What would you be expecting this weekend in the top of the table clash

Pulteney in the 1s were extremely good, miles ahead of Ingle Farm, and considering you were missing Nicholson shows just how dangerous your forward line is. Although Farmers were missing a few, thought the side that was put out was still reasonable and enough to be competitive. It's hard to see any players who were out making a 16 goal difference in the return game.

In the 2s, I left happy that we were competitive. I wasn't sure what to expect and honestly we were probably lucky to stay in the game as long as we did given the number of F50 entries Pulteney created. Literally threw everything at you, my side was not under-strength by any means and had Brinkley & Augustyn return up forward from injury which was a boost. There are no players to return to my side to dramatically improve it - you've seen my best.

As for Pulteney, well apart from Nicholson out of the A grade, the B grade were without Cook, Kane, Knight, Sipek, Sipek, Kikianis, Koopman off the top of my head, I would think your side on the weekend was at about 70% strength.

Not having seen Elizabeth first hand, I really don't know what to expect this weekend, but looking over results, it looks like both A/B grade are likely to match up quite well and reasonable evenly.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon May 15, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm

B Grade Pulteney will definitely have Elizabeth done for fitness and leg speed, but Elizabeth boast arguably the most dangerous forward line, a strong ruckman and a very experienced midfield.

It'll be interesting to see how they combat the 18 man press the Blues play - although if the Eagles gain ascendancy in the midfield it might not matter.

Surprised Prior wasn't in your best on the weekend - i thought he was probably the difference, especially in the last quarter. Also thought Kimber, Dunn and Porteous were very good.

There was another that I thought was good but name slips me at the moment.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 15, 2017 6:55 pm

I did like the little posters with quotes around the change rooms as well, but there was one that had me stumped..

"The opposition can't hurt you if they don't have the ball" .. hmm dunno reckon tackling and bumping can hurt you :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am

Zartan wrote:
oldman wrote:You watched the Blues on the weekend I'm sure you left Saturday confident that next time the results will be different? Considering the quality IF had put in the 1s they will make a huge difference in the second half of the year. Farmers 2s will be much better with the flow on of players returning and only need to make up a few goals. What would you be expecting this weekend in the top of the table clash

Pulteney in the 1s were extremely good, miles ahead of Ingle Farm, and considering you were missing Nicholson shows just how dangerous your forward line is. Although Farmers were missing a few, thought the side that was put out was still reasonable and enough to be competitive. It's hard to see any players who were out making a 16 goal difference in the return game.

In the 2s, I left happy that we were competitive. I wasn't sure what to expect and honestly we were probably lucky to stay in the game as long as we did given the number of F50 entries Pulteney created. Literally threw everything at you, my side was not under-strength by any means and had Brinkley & Augustyn return up forward from injury which was a boost. There are no players to return to my side to dramatically improve it - you've seen my best.

As for Pulteney, well apart from Nicholson out of the A grade, the B grade were without Cook, Kane, Knight, Sipek, Sipek, Kikianis, Koopman off the top of my head, I would think your side on the weekend was at about 70% strength.

Not having seen Elizabeth first hand, I really don't know what to expect this weekend, but looking over results, it looks like both A/B grade are likely to match up quite well and reasonable evenly.

Not sure about dramatically improve your side or their training habits, but Ewen, Cox and Coomblas went alright in the C's on the weekend!
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 16, 2017 10:08 am

S Demon wrote:Not sure about dramatically improve your side or their training habits, but Ewen, Cox and Coomblas went alright in the C's on the weekend!

That's good feedback - don't always get the feedback i want from the C grade :lol:

Coomblas has been in the B grade, went down because he's a bit unfit at the moment, worked away all week and only flew back in Sat morning to Adelaide. Also with Pulteney being a younger/fitter side, i opted to go with an extra runner instead of the bigger body.

Ewen is captain of the C grade, wrong side of 30, definitely an option if I get stuck but my preference would be to find younger lads who are likely to push into the A grade in coming years.

Cox is a space cadet :lol: Has some ability but nothing between the ears.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Tue May 16, 2017 10:26 am

Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:Not sure about dramatically improve your side or their training habits, but Ewen, Cox and Coomblas went alright in the C's on the weekend!

That's good feedback - don't always get the feedback i want from the C grade :lol:

Coomblas has been in the B grade, went down because he's a bit unfit at the moment, worked away all week and only flew back in Sat morning to Adelaide. Also with Pulteney being a younger/fitter side, i opted to go with an extra runner instead of the bigger body.

Ewen is captain of the C grade, wrong side of 30, definitely an option if I get stuck but my preference would be to find younger lads who are likely to push into the A grade in coming years.

C'mon Cox is your favourite player :lol: :lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:31 am

I thought you liked big cox Zartan?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby oldman » Tue May 16, 2017 10:35 am

Zartan wrote:

4 of those guys you mentioned being out of the B's played A grade on the weekend. One played C grade so I wouldn't think you need to worry about how many are returning what you saw on the weekend was as good a team as they can field.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 16, 2017 10:43 am

Inallseriousness wrote:C'mon Cox is your favourite player :lol: :lol:

I'm not the one who played him half a season in the A grade.. so whose favourite player is he? ;) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Tue May 16, 2017 11:00 am

Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:C'mon Cox is your favourite player :lol: :lol:

I'm not the one who played him half a season in the A grade.. so whose favourite player is he? ;) :lol:

:lol: :lol: pay that
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby S Demon » Tue May 16, 2017 11:12 am

Zartan wrote:

Cox attacked the ball hard and kicked a couple of good running goals. Was in and out of the game though.
Dion definitely carrying an extra couple of kegs from when I last saw him. Still knew where to run to and how to get it
Ewen played at full back and rebounded a heap of footy. It was coming into Payneham's forward line thick and fast and he did a great job on Jamie Battams keeping him to 1 or 2
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby human_torpedo » Tue May 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Very intriguing round coming up..

Battle of the undefeated sides obviously headlining..
Then the battle of 3v4 to gain the upper hand in the double chance spot..
Fitzroy going for 4 in a row to try to squeeze into the 5..
Trinity facing Mawsons to also keep that spot in the 5..
If Ingle Farm drop to SW they will be 2-5 with Elizabeth to play next week..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League