6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby heater31 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Zartan wrote:I did like the little posters with quotes around the change rooms as well, but there was one that had me stumped..

"The opposition can't hurt you if they don't have the ball" .. hmm dunno reckon tackling and bumping can hurt you :D

Take it you were in the School home team rooms?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 17, 2017 9:57 am

heater31 wrote:
Zartan wrote:I did like the little posters with quotes around the change rooms as well, but there was one that had me stumped..

"The opposition can't hurt you if they don't have the ball" .. hmm dunno reckon tackling and bumping can hurt you :D

Take it you were in the School home team rooms?

I guess so? no idea haha!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby oldman » Wed May 17, 2017 10:01 am

Elizabeth vs Pulteney
A clash of the titans with both sides the only underfeated teams remaining. This promises to be an absolute belter. Both clubs have made a really positive start to the season after being relegated last year. Elizabeth get the home ground advantage and the big oval should suit there run and spread. With a couple of season veterans in career best form and the abundance of quality youth taking the next step they are really flying. The forward line is kicking massive scores it would appear they may have a slight advantage this weekend. Pulteney also haven't put a foot wrong this year and have put teams away in quarters of football. They have been able to buy into the game plan the coach has implemented and also have been able to keep the scoreboard ticking over. They may lack a little bit of depth in the middle against Elizabeth which is where this game will be won and lost.
Draw

Brahma Lodge vs West Croydon
After 6 rounds both of these teams are looking to keep the edge and look to the double chance. One thing that can be assured is this will be as tough and physical footy as you will see. West Croydon look to keep it in close and use the big bodies to crash and bash the footy forward. A dangerous forward line who when they get their confidence up are impossible to stop. Brahma Lodge are coming they have been building all year and are obviously very talented. They have arguably the most talented midfield it may lack a little depth but the top end talent is unquestionable and with the league's most dangerous forward they can beat anyone on their day.
BL by 2 goals

Fitzroy vs Houghton
Fitzroy are finally putting it all together and clubs need to lookout. The preseason flag favourites look like they have finally got their mojo. They have got their better players playing good football and the new recruits are starting to have an impact. With a really strong backline holding teams and giving their midfield a chance to push back and then run the ball out with speed. Houghton have turned the corner and the new coach has the players onside. A great effort considering the turmoil this club has been through off field they have some quality players all over the ground buy may just be lacking a little depth.
Fitzroy by 12 goals

Ingle Farm vs Salisbury West
The loser of this game is going to be really fighting to play finals. A huge game for Ingle Farm and coming off a 16 goal belting they really need to get the wheel in motion or what was a season full of promise could slip by. They did some midseason recruiting last week which didn't help them are they all on the same page and understanding of what the coach requires. Salisbury West can keep their finals chance alive with a win and they should get first look at the stoppages with the man mountain in the ruck. If they can keep their focus on the football and play hard without crossing the line they have enough dangerous players forward of the footy.
Ingle Farm by 3 goals
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 17, 2017 10:14 am

oldman wrote:Elizabeth vs Pulteney
They may lack a little bit of depth in the middle against Elizabeth which is where this game will be won and lost.
Draw

Come on mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 am

[quote="oldman"]Elizabeth vs Pulteney
A clash of the titans with both sides the only underfeated teams remaining. This promises to be an absolute belter. Both clubs have made a really positive start to the season after being relegated last year. Elizabeth get the home ground advantage and the big oval should suit there run and spread. With a couple of season veterans in career best form and the abundance of quality youth taking the next step they are really flying. The forward line is kicking massive scores it would appear they may have a slight advantage this weekend. Pulteney also haven't put a foot wrong this year and have put teams away in quarters of football. They have been able to buy into the game plan the coach has implemented and also have been able to keep the scoreboard ticking over. They may lack a little bit of depth in the middle against Elizabeth which is where this game will be won and lost.
Draw

Will be interesting to see which forward line gets more productivity?

Cotter/Shephard VS Giddings/Nicholson(If he plays this week)
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed May 17, 2017 11:14 am

hfoxe16 wrote:
oldman wrote:Elizabeth vs Pulteney
Draw

Will be interesting to see which forward line gets more productivity?

Cotter/Shephard VS Giddings/Nicholson(If he plays this week)

Pulteney by 8 goals
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 am

No Trinity v Mawsons preview Oldman?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby oldman » Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am

human_torpedo wrote:No Trinity v Mawsons preview Oldman?

TOS vs Mawson Lakes
TOS by plenty
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 am

Pulteney will win this one i think, but not by a huge margin.

One of the best midfields i've seen in a while, and plenty of depth to go through it. Their eloquent ball use by foot around the ground is impressive, and their forward line potent AND accurate.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am

thegrowler wrote:One can only hope it's not ladies day.

Defib Shop Women's Division 2
Ingle Farm vs Adelaide Uni
5:30pm at Rowe Park

Game to follow the conclusion of the A grade fixture.. :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Ladder after Round 7 if the favorites get up:
14 - Pulteney *
12 - Elizabeth
10 - Brahma Lodge *
08 - West Croydon
08 - Trinity OS
----------------------------------
08 - Fitzroy
06 - Ingle Farm
02 - Salisbury West
02 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Houghton

* = favorite based off the higher ranked ladder position
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Ladder after Round 7 if the underdog gets up:
14 - Elizabeth *
12 - Pulteney
10 - West Croydon *
08 - Brahma Lodge
06 - Trinity OS
--------------------------------
06 - Fitzroy
04 - Ingle Farm
04 - Salisbury West
04 - Mawson Lakes
02 - Houghton

* = underdog based off ladder position
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hfoxe16 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Ladder after Round 9:
16- Pulteney
16- Elizabeth
10- West Croydon
10- Brahma Lodge
10- Fitzroy
2- Houghton
2- Mawson Lakes
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 17, 2017 2:05 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Ladder after Round 9:
16- Pulteney
16- Elizabeth
10- West Croydon
10- Brahma Lodge
10- Fitzroy
2- Houghton
2- Mawson Lakes

I suspect this ladder may well be very accurate.

The only difference, is i think TOS can win 2/3 games and also be 10 points.
Winner of Pulteney v Elizabeth probably doesn't drop another game before the half way point, and goes in with a 2pt buffer on 2nd.

Fitzroy and Salisbury West could well win 3/3 - but are also just as likely to drop a couple of them.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hfoxe16 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Ladder after Round 9:
16- Pulteney
16- Elizabeth
10- West Croydon
10- Brahma Lodge
10- Fitzroy
2- Houghton
2- Mawson Lakes

I suspect this ladder may well be very accurate.

The only difference, is i think TOS can win 2/3 games and also be 10 points.
Winner of Pulteney v Elizabeth probably doesn't drop another game before the half way point, and goes in with a 2pt buffer on 2nd.

Fitzroy and Salisbury West could well win 3/3 - but are also just as likely to drop a couple of them.

I have Elizabeth winning this week purely because of the home ground advantage but will be a close game that could go either way. In doing so I think the Eagles might drop one the round 8 match against your mob BUT that's only if your bulldogs are full strength by then? Usually after a big clash teams can rest easy the following week and you might catch them by surprise.

Fitzroy have their mojo going and really cant see them dropping a game until after the bye.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Postby carey » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Zartan wrote:
thegrowler wrote:One can only hope it's not ladies day.

Defib Shop Women's Division 2
Ingle Farm vs Adelaide Uni
5:30pm at Rowe Park

Game to follow the conclusion of the A grade fixture.. :D

Might call past.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Fitzroy will be looking for a bit of pay back after last year sitting 5th going into the last round a win would of seen them play finals yet Houghton Put them away i think the raiders will get the points this week

Salisbury West i think will out run Ingle Farm while i think on paper ingle farm side looks stronger i still think they have a lot of individual players rather then team players

i think top of the table clash will be 4-5 goal win to either side it will come down to 5-10 minutes of play during 3rd or 4th quarter that gets either of them that win
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:14 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Fitzroy will be looking for a bit of pay back after last year sitting 5th going into the last round a win would of seen them play finals yet Houghton Put them away i think the raiders will get the points this week

Salisbury West i think will out run Ingle Farm while i think on paper ingle farm side looks stronger i still think they have a lot of individual players rather then team players

i think top of the table clash will be 4-5 goal win to either side it will come down to 5-10 minutes of play during 3rd or 4th quarter that gets either of them that win

There's only about 5 blokes left from that side last year, so I doubt payback is a motivation. Winning is motivation enough.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu May 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Fitzroy will be looking for a bit of pay back after last year sitting 5th going into the last round a win would of seen them play finals yet Houghton Put them away i think the raiders will get the points this week

There's only about 5 blokes left from that side last year, so I doubt payback is a motivation. Winning is motivation enough.

Winning is motivation enough then every club would never lose a game
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

Winning is motivation enough then every club would never lose a game

Not all games are lost due to lack of motivation
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League