Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Adelaide Footy League United Football Club Rossack, Anthony Approved 2017-02-06 2017-03-06

Nah let the guy train his guts out all summer, approve his clearance and then tell him the week B4 rd 1 he cannot play!! **** joke bloke just wants to play footy.....
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Robran » Tue May 16, 2017 4:31 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:Adelaide Footy League United Football Club Rossack, Anthony Approved 2017-02-06 2017-03-06

Nah let the guy train his guts out all summer, approve his clearance and then tell him the week B4 rd 1 he cannot play!! **** joke bloke just wants to play footy.....

Please explain ????
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Robran wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Adelaide Footy League United Football Club Rossack, Anthony Approved 2017-02-06 2017-03-06

Please explain ????

Previous de-registration from a different competition but playing for a club now in the APFL..

He is a good bloke, had no issues with him at Trinity last year, surprised they haven't let him play thus far
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Robran wrote:

Please explain ????

Was suspended 10 years ago playing Ammos, then cleared to play in the Ammos for the last 5 years, looks to play country footy where his wife is playing netball and no worries until the season is about to start!!
Now has been told he cannot play in APFL, hes been playing for the last 5 years in the league that suspended him, never been sent off never had an issue since his 1 and ONLY report.....Yet Callum Hay cannot play in the league that suspended him however no worries to play in the APFL maybe Anthony should go on TV :roll:
Last edited by ROOBOY18 on Tue May 16, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 16, 2017 4:47 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:Was suspended 10 years ago playing Ammos, then cleared to play in the Ammos for the last 5 years, looks to play country footy where his wife is playing netball and no worries until the season is about to start!!
Now has been told he cannot play in APFL, hes been playing for the last 5 years in the league that suspended him, never been sent off never had an issue since his 1 and ONLY report.....

He only got so many games because he was afternoon shift when the tribunal was heard and no one from his club represented him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Anthony is an absolute top bloke, who openly admits he made a mistake many many many years ago.

Not only as he gone a long time without a suspension he has become a dedicated family man who was attracted to country football by being able to have his family all play sport on the same day.

I'm lucky enough I get to chat to Ant on almost a daily basis at the gym he trains at and I know his gutters by this

Hope common sense prevails and the deciscion can be overturned asap.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Robran » Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 am

whufc wrote:Anthony is an absolute top bloke, who openly admits he made a mistake many many many years ago.

Not only as he gone a long time without a suspension he has become a dedicated family man who was attracted to country football by being able to have his family all play sport on the same day.

I'm lucky enough I get to chat to Ant on almost a daily basis at the gym he trains at and I know his gutters by this

Yeah agree but what other avenue does the lad have, someone was telling me that he was actually going to play for another APFL club but decided against it as they didn't have netball for his wife so he chose To play for united to facilate him and his wife. Then someone from that club that he was thinking about playing for might have gone and said something to the league in regards to his past ??? Hope the lad gets to play again.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed May 17, 2017 10:38 am

What was the nature of the incident for which he was suspended?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby whufc » Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am

Robran wrote:
whufc wrote:Anthony is an absolute top bloke, who openly admits he made a mistake many many many years ago.

Yeah agree but what other avenue does the lad have, someone was telling me that he was actually going to play for another APFL club but decided against it as they didn't have netball for his wife so he chose To play for united to facilate him and his wife. Then someone from that club that he was thinking about playing for might have gone and said something to the league in regards to his past ??? Hope the lad gets to play again.

That's correct it was his old club who now play in the APFL who brought his old suspension up to the league due to him choosing to play for another APFL club that could cater for his family needs better

The whole move was based around having his wife and himself play at the same ground on the same day being able to watch one another while also being able to watch their son while each other play.

They also feel it's a better environment for their young son to be around.
whufc
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:What was the nature of the incident for which he was suspended?

First rule of fight club, we do no talk about fight club
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby ROOBOY18 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:What was the nature of the incident for which he was suspended?

Was a striking charge I believe, happened in 07. The player was working arvo shift and no one from his club represented him at the hearing so they through the book at him apparently, Yet has since been able to play the last 5 seasons in that league ;)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Was a striking charge I believe, happened in 07. The player was working arvo shift and no one from his club represented him at the hearing so they through the book at him apparently, Yet has since been able to play the last 5 seasons in that league ;)

Must have been a significant incident for him to get 16 weeks, with or without showing up at the tribunal.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Must have been a significant incident for him to get 16 weeks, with or without showing up at the tribunal.

It's a case of the "North of Grand Junction Road Club" with the tribunal.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Correct it came from an incident involving himself and another player but was not of the coward punch, king hit variety.

I think it was more a case of bad timing especially with Smithfields record at that point plus having no one represent him

It was his first and last to date suspension
whufc
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am

whufc wrote:
Robran wrote:

That's correct it was his old club who now play in the APFL who brought his old suspension up to the league due to him choosing to play for another APFL club that could cater for his family needs better

The whole move was based around having his wife and himself play at the same ground on the same day being able to watch one another while also being able to watch their son while each other play.

They also feel it's a better environment for their young son to be around.

Are we talking about Angle Vale being the old club?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 am

whufc wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Correct it came from an incident involving himself and another player but was not of the coward punch, king hit variety.

I think it was more a case of bad timing especially with Smithfields record at that point plus having no one represent him

So the massive (I assume 16 games if he got life) suspension related mostly to a case of 'bad timing' and because 'he had nobody representing him', and because 'he was playing for Smithfield'? He clearly did something pretty bloody serious. If not, he would have appealed it, surely.

Something is not adding up here.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am

The fact he was re-instated back into the same league in which it happened and has played without issue since suggests that maybe the league did over react at the time?

Which is strange because its the opposite of what is happening with Hay. He is allowed to play in the APFL when the SAAFL wont allow him, where Rossack cant play in the APFL while the SAAFL will allow him.. Even though the incident occurred in the SAAFL

Angle Vale was the club yes
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
So the massive (I assume 16 games if he got life) suspension related mostly to a case of 'bad timing' and because 'he had nobody representing him', and because 'he was playing for Smithfield'? He clearly did something pretty bloody serious. If not, he would have appealed it, surely.

The lad was in his early 20's at the time and those that were running the Smithfield Football Club at the time were waiting to see the year out so they could resign from their positions and really gave him no support or direction for avenues to take.

At the time it was pretty much get what you're given, it was during his suspension that the de-registration/life ban rule came into affect.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

The lad was in his early 20's at the time and those that were running the Smithfield Football Club at the time were waiting to see the year out so they could resign from their positions and really gave him no support or direction for avenues to take.

At the time it was pretty much get what you're given, it was during his suspension that the de-registration/life ban rule came into affect.

It doesn't matter now because a clearance is in back to Trinity. We will gladly have him back
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby OnSong » Thu May 18, 2017 11:58 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
whufc wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Yeah, I don't follow it either.

Used to play for Angle Vale, Angle Vale supposedly kicks up a stink about him wanting to go to United, there's a lingering suspension/deregistration in the background somewhere that's been overturned or revoked. It's all a bit convoluted.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy