ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu May 11, 2017 8:46 pm

What are the best pitches in ATCA?

Saw Brighton being rolled out on a Friday last season and it looked like a BELTER
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Trader » Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Brighton's deck is usually ok, they put a bit in it for the bowlers in the first 20 overs too, which i don't mind.
Infield is as thick as anything though, terrible place to bat unless you want to hit the ball in the air.
Smart teams just ring it up after 20 overs, and let you make 7/150 off 80 overs, boring cricket.

Pooraka make some absolute roads.

Pulteney have the best set of decks if you ask me. Love batting on any of the 5 ovals there.

Goodwood 5 years ago was the best, not so much anymore. Had real issues last season.

Payneham's is shocking. Worst deck in the A1 comp by a fair margin.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri May 12, 2017 8:56 am

The Dukes Highway is no more :o
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 am

Reynella has a really good deck, curator does a fair bit of work and treats it with respect
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Trader » Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 am

The Hound wrote:Reynella has a really good deck, curator does a fair bit of work and treats it with respect

Must admit I've yet to play on Reynella's main deck.
I played against their B's a couple of years back and we got pushed out onto Woodcroft College for some reason. Must have been a glitch in the draw that had both A's and B's at home that round or something.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri May 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:Steve Marks from Northerns signed at Pooraka
Josh Rosenthal from Port headed to Woody Recs

Any other movements?

Is Duffett going to be a playing coach at Woody Rechs next year?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Fri May 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Is Duffett going to be a playing coach at Woody Rechs next year?

I believe so.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Any other movements?

I'm surprised Josh Rosenthal is going to play for Woody Rechs. He has played the odd game for Port Districts the last couple of years and with Port Districts moving up to A1 and Chris Webber moving on, I would have thought Port Districts would be the obvious destination
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Trader wrote:
The Hound wrote:Reynella has a really good deck, curator does a fair bit of work and treats it with respect

I played against their B's a couple of years back and we got pushed out onto Woodcroft College for some reason. Must have been a glitch in the draw that had both A's and B's at home that round or something.

Woodcroft not a bad substitute.....the school curator makes a good deck that would put other club's main one to shame!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Trader » Mon May 15, 2017 5:43 pm

heater31 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Woodcroft not a bad substitute.....the school curator makes a good deck that would put other club's main one to shame!

Agreed, not a bad deck, certainly played on far worse.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Whatsfordinner » Mon May 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Trader wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Is Duffett going to be a playing coach at Woody Rechs next year?

I believe so.

Surely not.. a3 will be a right off for all other clubs?
Rosenthal and duffett at the helm. Put them on the trophy now!!
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Any other movements?

I'm surprised Josh Rosenthal is going to play for Woody Rechs. He has played the odd game for Port Districts the last couple of years and with Port Districts moving up to A1 and Chris Webber moving on, I would have thought Port Districts would be the obvious destination

I agree, I'm also surprised to read that he's moving the Rechabites. Being a Port Districts product if there's anywhere he would play after leaving Port it would be Districts. Maybe the move to the Rechabites is $$$ motivated?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Trader wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Agreed, not a bad deck, certainly played on far worse.

It has minimal winter sport on it which helps. The outfields got steadily better as well.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby thevoice » Tue May 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:
Trader wrote:

I believe so.

Surely not.. a3 will be a right off for all other clubs?
Rosenthal and duffett at the helm. Put them on the trophy now!!

Is A3 confirmed for WR? Are Penfield staying in A2? Rumour has it the Indaratne brothers are club hopping again and the Hill boys are headed to Ingle Farm. Any truth? If so, would be hard for them to remain in A2 I'd imagine.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all about the indaratnes or hill brothers.. I heard vicious rumours about penfield folding and maybe joining forces with brahma lodge. But whether or not this is true I'm not sure!
Whatsfordinner

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue May 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:Wouldn't surprise me at all about the indaratnes or hill brothers.. I heard vicious rumours about penfield folding and maybe joining forces with brahma lodge. But whether or not this is true I'm not sure!

I was talking to a few people from Penfield during the last game of the season and things sounded pretty dire for them. They were not expecting to be able to survive as a club and were exploring options to merge. Not sure what has happened since. So, Woody Rechs might get a reprieve
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue May 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Wouldn't surprise me at all about the indaratnes or hill brothers.. I heard vicious rumours about penfield folding and maybe joining forces with brahma lodge. But whether or not this is true I'm not sure!

I was talking to a few people from Penfield during the last game of the season and things sounded pretty dire for them. They were not expecting to be able to survive as a club and were exploring options to merge. Not sure what has happened since. So, Woody Rechs might get a reprieve

Yeah I've heard the same, but I don't think they have anyone but themselves to blame.. heard rumours that no one paid fees or even trained..
Whatsfordinner

Postby thevoice » Wed May 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Yeah I've heard the same, but I don't think they have anyone but themselves to blame.. heard rumours that no one paid fees or even trained..

Yeah I think they've been struggling for a while. The club revolves around one bloke - Steve Hill, he does pretty much everything at the club. Great guy and obviously lacks any support.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby get a grip » Wed May 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Penfield was a bit of a rable last season when we played them although they did manage some good wins throughout the year.

I wouldn't be putting too much on Woody Rechs to dominate A3 (if they go down), Rosenthal will be a handy inclusion but Duffet well and truly passed it going on last years form against us. And as for Rosenthal choosing Rechs over Districts, there are a few people in the Districts team I would choose not to play with either and their disciplinary record from last season might justify that.

Just my opinions
get a grip

Been liked: 1 time

Postby human_torpedo » Wed May 17, 2017 4:38 pm

get a grip wrote:Penfield was a bit of a rable last season when we played them although they did manage some good wins throughout the year.

I wouldn't be putting too much on Woody Rechs to dominate A3 (if they go down), Rosenthal will be a handy inclusion but Duffet well and truly passed it going on last years form against us. And as for Rosenthal choosing Rechs over Districts, there are a few people in the Districts team I would choose not to play with either and their disciplinary record from last season might justify that.

Just my opinions

Duff didn't reach the heights of his peak form last season but 450 runs in A2 is not a bad return for 'well and truly passed it'
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps