The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 pm

stan wrote: Honestly if big Steve cant get up from here at the next election he will need a career change.

If he does lose and resign, he would show more honour and respectability than the entire State Labor government
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:38 am

Politics isnt about honour and respectability.......none of the bastards show it
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 08, 2017 11:26 am

http://indaily.com.au/opinion/2017/05/0 ... ow-govern/

I get the feeling Xenophon is gaining massive ground across SA, reflecting a desire for change but also a lack in the trust of the ability of the Opposition to govern.
I'd predict that X could do some damage particularly to Labor's urban seats, possibly even heartland seats.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon May 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Booney wrote:We're 49 days into the 90 test period of the nRAH since practical completion was announced.

That doesn't mean we're 41 days from it opening.... ;)

The gubinment announced today that the nRAH will start taking patients into the ED on September 5th.

174 days after technical completion.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:http://indaily.com.au/opinion/2017/05/05/richardson-sad-truth-labor-doesnt-know-govern/

I get the feeling Xenophon is gaining massive ground across SA, reflecting a desire for change but also a lack in the trust of the ability of the Opposition to govern.
I'd predict that X could do some damage particularly to Labor's urban seats, possibly even heartland seats.

Yeah I would say this is a possibility. Nick X could gain some power here. The only thing to stop a land slide to the Libs in the next election is the Libs themselves.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon May 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:We're 49 days into the 90 test period of the nRAH since practical completion was announced.

That doesn't mean we're 41 days from it opening.... ;)

The gubinment announced today that the nRAH will start taking patients into the ED on September 5th.

174 days after technical completion.

I look forward to this. It will be tbe highlight of my calendar
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 pm

If this doesn't take the cake:
http://indaily.com.au/news/2017/05/08/state-govt-takes-step-towards-sacking-coober-pedy-council/

Why send in the AG? Turbo could work out what they've done in 2 minutes. It would be finger painting compared to his creative accounting
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:http://indaily.com.au/opinion/2017/05/05/richardson-sad-truth-labor-doesnt-know-govern/

You must be kidding !! Nick has sold himself and the respect he had on many occasions in bed with his religious right wing conservatives .

I have voted for Nick in the past on his no pokies card but he has lost the social conscience he believed he had. :evil:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:If this doesn't take the cake:
http://indaily.com.au/news/2017/05/08/state-govt-takes-step-towards-sacking-coober-pedy-council/

Why send in the AG? Turbo could work out what they've done in 2 minutes. It would be finger painting compared to his creative accounting

you would think it would take Tom less time to drive there and back too.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 08, 2017 4:17 pm

shoe boy wrote:

You must be kidding !! Nick has sold himself and the respect he had on many occasions in bed with his religious right wing conservatives .

I have voted for Nick in the past on his no pokies card but he has lost the social conscience he believed he had. :evil:

That may be how you feel. However, I've heard there are polls around suggesting this is the case.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon May 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

That may be how you feel. However, I've heard there are polls around suggesting this is the case.

He's gathering momentum as "the other guy", the "3rd" major party, without question, however I think people will question his antics if he becomes a serious contender. Some might shy away if he doesn't become a little more polished as the election(s) loom.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Grenville » Mon May 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

He's gathering momentum as "the other guy", the "3rd" major party, without question, however I think people will question his antics if he becomes a serious contender. Some might shy away if he doesn't become a little more polished as the election(s) loom.

Ya can't polish a turd.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:24 pm

tipper wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:If this doesn't take the cake:

you would think it would take Tom less time to drive there and back too.....

=)) Very funny tipper
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 pm

shoe boy wrote:You must be kidding !! Nick has sold himself and the respect he had on many occasions in bed with his religious right wing conservatives .

Nick doesn't fit the classic right-left dichotomy and his policies are a bit of a mix.
For those who don't like the authoritarians in either party - union dogmatists and capital C Conservatives - he becomes an interesting option, siding with some policies of the conservatives and some of the "progressives".

He is bound to disappoint those who expect or want him to toe the entire ALP left/Green policy line.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 16, 2017 5:35 pm

there certainly doesnt seem to be too many other attempted centrists in the parliament at the moment.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Id vote for Trump, Warwick Capper and Dog_ger before I voted for Nick X. Zero credibility IMHO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am

Wedgie wrote:Id vote for Trump, Warwick Capper and Dog_ger before I voted for Nick X. Zero credibility IMHO.

You mean his stunts with ridiculous props don't sway you enough?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon May 22, 2017 10:43 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Id vote for Trump, Warwick Capper and Dog_ger before I voted for Nick X. Zero credibility IMHO.

Or jumping on the popular cause of the day???
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 am

Booney wrote:

A bit like Weatherill and his ridiculous props (eg) O-Bahn extension
Has anyone really thought what it's going to be like in Grenfell St East when a bus every 30 seconds hits the 2 lanes in Grenfell St?

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon May 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Yeah but think about how free flowing North Terrace will be without all those buses!
Oh, hang on, they are taking a lane out in each direction to add in the bloody tram!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics