Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby whufc » Thu May 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Was suspended while at Smithfield

The SAAFL then allowed him to play at Angle Vale on a good behaviour bond to which he had for over 3 years with no incident

He then got cleared to Trinity and has played a couple of years incident free there

He then moves to United for family reasons, Angie Vale clear him but then get a new president after he was cleared who rings the APFL to inform the of Ants previous suspension

The APFL will now not allow him to play
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby OnSong » Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah, so is the reasoning regarding the suspension or the previous time with Angle Vale? Because I know the league doesn't allow A grade players to shift from within the association if the old club kicks up a stink. I think?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 pm

whufc wrote:Was suspended while at Smithfield

The SAAFL then allowed him to play at Angle Vale on a good behaviour bond to which he had for over 3 years with no incident

He then got cleared to Trinity and has played a couple of years incident free there

He then moves to United for family reasons, Angie Vale clear him but then get a new president after he was cleared who rings the APFL to inform the of Ants previous suspension

The APFL will now not allow him to play

At this stage would doubt he will be in the SAAFL either, due to the national deregistration policy, which I think was the whole point why the APFL wouldn't allow him to play
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 pm

OnSong wrote:Yeah, so is the reasoning regarding the suspension or the previous time with Angle Vale? Because I know the league doesn't allow A grade players to shift from within the association if the old club kicks up a stink. I think?

From what i understand is he was officially cleared from Trinity to United. All parties agreed

The new president came at Angle Vale and officially told the league of Ants previous suspension and that he had needed a bond to play in the SAAFL
whufc
Coach

Postby ROOBOY18 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 pm

whufc wrote:
OnSong wrote:Yeah, so is the reasoning regarding the suspension or the previous time with Angle Vale? Because I know the league doesn't allow A grade players to shift from within the association if the old club kicks up a stink. I think?

From what i understand is he was officially cleared from Trinity to United. All parties agreed

The new president came at Angle Vale and officially told the league of Ants previous suspension and that he had needed a bond to play in the SAAFL

Spot on!
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Callum Hay allowed to play in APFL, but Anthony Rossack not? Doesn't make any sense to me.

On the flip side, Rossack allowed to play in the SAAFL, but Hay is not?! :shock: :?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Zartan wrote:Callum Hay allowed to play in APFL, but Anthony Rossack not? Doesn't make any sense to me.

On the flip side, Rossack allowed to play in the SAAFL, but Hay is not?! :shock: :?

Yep exactly right!!

At least Ant had showed 5 years of good history after his one and only suspension
whufc
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu May 18, 2017 5:14 pm

It's all pretty crazy really.

The video footage of Hay is hardly worthy of his life ban.

Would be interested to know what exactly happened to trigger 16! ****.
OnSong
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 18, 2017 5:14 pm

whufc wrote:Yep exactly right!!

At least Ant had showed 5 years of good history after his one and only suspension

Played against him a couple times when he was at TOS - i wouldn't have had any clue he had prior history, always played the game hard and fair, no issues or niggles or anything. Solid backman.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Could a situation like this be resolved with the player or club playing a $1k bond, which is lost if suspended at anytime for the rest of his career?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby whufc » Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:Could a situation like this be resolved with the player or club playing a $1k bond, which is lost if suspended at anytime for the rest of his career?

That was how he played at Angle Vale under a 3k bond with those suspensions conditions
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am

OnSong wrote:It's all pretty crazy really.

North of Grand Junction Road mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

North of Grand Junction Road mate.

Yeah yeah, I get that, everyone just keeps skipping around what exactly happened to get reported in the first place. I don't know why.

Fact of the matter is, a murderer can make a mistake but the punishment fits the crime.

I'm not insinuating that what this fella did was anywhere near as heinous, just no one will provide the facts of the incident, which I find remarkably bizarre.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am

OnSong wrote:Yeah yeah, I get that, everyone just keeps skipping around what exactly happened to get reported in the first place. I don't know why.

Fact of the matter is, a murderer can make a mistake but the punishment fits the crime.

I'm not insinuating that what this fella did was anywhere near as heinous, just no one will provide the facts of the incident, which I find remarkably bizarre.

It is extremely bizarre and a calamity of errors.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 am

I feel quite comfortable suggesting Callum Hay was pretty unlucky to get 12 weeks for his incident/s.

I get this poor bloke got a raw deal, just wondering what incident led to the initial report. Why is that so difficult to disclose?
OnSong
Coach

Postby ROOBOY18 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:50 pm

OnSong wrote:I feel quite comfortable suggesting Callum Hay was pretty unlucky to get 12 weeks for his incident/s.

I get this poor bloke got a raw deal, just wondering what incident led to the initial report. Why is that so difficult to disclose?

I have said in a previous post that he was reported for striking, the fact that he played with a club that had a poor name and record at the time and the fact no one represented him at the tribunal meant the book was thrown at him.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby ROOBOY18 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:57 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
OnSong wrote:I feel quite comfortable suggesting Callum Hay was pretty unlucky to get 12 weeks for his incident/s.

I have said in a previous post that he was reported for striking, the fact that he played with a club that had a poor name and record at the time and the fact no one represented him at the tribunal meant the book was thrown at him.

Just had a look at the penalties from the SAAFL guidelines.....even for the most intentional high striking charge is 10-12 games, so why 16??
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Postby whufc » Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 pm

IIRC it was a jumper punch struggle with him and another opponent (from what i remember it was the opponent who initiated the tussle) when Ant headbutted the player from very very very close range.

The force wasn't great and the opposition player played out the rest of the game sustaining no injuries.

Ant notified everyone that he could not attend the tribunal due to new employment. Smithfield failed to organised a representative from the club to attend therefore no one fronted the tribunal for the case.

This was around the time Smithfield were on strict penalties and were close to not having any football sides.
whufc
Coach

Postby livefooty » Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Just want to add my 2 bobs in on this rossack situation.
I heard from a very reliable source today that it was taken to an executive vote at APFL. I also heard that the deciding vote which would of gone in favour of rossack to play was a united member and he pulled out of the vote because he thought it was a conflict of interest. So it went in favour of not letting him play. So this witch hunt on Angle Vale and the president needs to stop and people need to get facts and stories straight. I also heard from the same very reliable source that they thought he was just a b grader and wasn't worth the drama or the bond that would of needed to be paid.
I just wonder if the vote was to get the grand final at united for the next 5 years would he of pulled out of voting??
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby hairy cat » Sat May 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Aaron Anderson for the Eagles today is it a kid or a fleet footed older type
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times