Falling Attendances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Falling Attendances

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:Would have been a new record low today at Richmond.
Well done to the two Crows supporters barracking for their team.
I've heard more noise at the cinema than what I heard at the footy today :D

Surely a miscount.
The other 3998 were hiding behind the canteen you silly bugger[emoji3]

Oh....but I heard Bickley say the other day in the official presentation it was 3,000 the Ravens would bring.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby MW » Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 pm

You guys make it sound so appealing I'm surprised there's not 5000 attending
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat May 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Panther Pack wrote:From the Tiser today:

Bone’s beef: Where have the SANFL crowds gone?
Chris McDermott, The Advertiser
May 18, 2017 11:00am

The Crows and the Power have not been the magic bullet everyone imagined.

The two teams gave the competition a brief spike but it died just as quickly.

And history is being rewritten already.
Spike? Magic bullet? Everyone?
Rather than being the significant reason in the recent drop in crowds, the Crows and Power are now painted as would be saviours; even their presence unable to save a competition descending to irrelevance.
The fact that we predicted all this would happen if the reserves joined is conveniently forgotten. Just go to the beginning pages of the "No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread". It is all documented there for posterity. Hundreds of comments forewarning the demise to come, and dozens of Crow/Power lovers telling us that we were all paranoid.
Now they want to say that there was something wrong with the competition before the reserves joined?
Do us a favour Bone, if you want to save the SANFL, you need to be honest about what is damaging it.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 21, 2017 9:17 pm

MW wrote:
locky801 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Died in the wool Sturt supporter, but I'd rather travel 5 mins down the road to watch a Div 1 ammo game than pay to go and see an SANFL game at the moment.

Location, cost, standard of footy and having a beer with mates are high on my list of priorities when considering what game to watch.

Been doing it for the last 4 seasons, good footy to watch, beer and food prices a hell of a lot cheaper and alot of good banter :D

The SANFL side i support being pissweak also comes into consdieration :roll:

With two posts like this, it's no wonder the SANFL is dying. But tell me again it's the AFL clubs fault...

I still follow and support my club, just passively now. Like above I now put my $ and time into my local grassroots footy club where the comp is still a genuine one.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 am

Dutchy wrote:
I still follow and support my club, just passively now. Like above I now put my $ and time into my local grassroots footy club where the comp is still a genuine one.

You think / believe grass roots clubs are all playing on an even playing field?

I would highly doubt all the SFL clubs have the same amount to spend on players or staff, I'd also doubt they all 100% abide by salary cap rules.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 22, 2017 10:42 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I would highly doubt all the SFL clubs have the same amount to spend on players or staff, I'd also doubt they all 100% abide by salary cap rules.

I doubt SFL clubs would have one player receiving twice as much as the salary cap of another club all within the rules.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I doubt SFL clubs would have one player receiving twice as much as the salary cap of another club all within the rules.

Of course not, but we all know how much someone gets paid isn't reflective of how effective they are at their job.

I just find it interesting that Dutchy see's the SFL, or indeed the SAAFL, as a reasonable definition of "genuine" comp. For differing reasons to the SANFL, clearly, but I can't agree.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Of course not, but we all know how much someone gets paid isn't reflective of how effective they are at their job.

I just find it interesting that Dutchy see's the SFL, or indeed the SAAFL, as a reasonable definition of "genuine" comp. For differing reasons to the SANFL, clearly, but I can't agree.

He's spot on, in fact most comps compared to the SANFL are more genuine. I couldn't think of one less genuine off hand than the way the SANFL is currently set up, maybe with the exception of the equal interstate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 am

Booney wrote:I would highly doubt all the SFL clubs have the same amount to spend on players or staff

Probably not, but they all have the same OPPORTUNITY to do so. Some no doubt will bring more $$ into the club than others, but all are on an even playing field, some probably just run their club better.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:I would highly doubt all the SFL clubs have the same amount to spend on players or staff

Probably not, but they all have the same OPPORTUNITY to do so. Some no doubt will bring more $$ into the club than others, but all are on an even playing field, some probably just run their club better.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 am

Not even worth the argument but I will. I enjoy the fact that no matter what club it is its 21 v 21 and they all go flat out for the win on any given Sat, I can stand on the terraces or sit in the back of a ute having a beer with mates talking shit to the players while the kids run around the oval at the breaks, some still in their footy shorts from the u13 game at 8am that morning. As soon as the games are over the cheap meals start until the club fills up for presos that night, some then hang around to watch the AFL. The wives all get stuck into the champers, perv on the players and have a ripping time.

Most of the above you used to be able to do in the SANFL. Used to be a real family atmosphere.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:Not even worth the argument but I will. I enjoy the fact that no matter what club it is its 21 v 21 and they all go flat out for the win on any given Sat, I can stand on the terraces or sit in the back of a ute having a beer with mates talking shit to the players while the kids run around the oval at the breaks, some still in their footy shorts from the u13 game at 8am that morning. As soon as the games are over the cheap meals start until the club fills up for presos that night, some then hang around to watch the AFL. The wives all get stuck into the champers, perv on the players and have a ripping time.

Most of the above you used to be able to do in the SANFL. Used to be a real family atmosphere.

Still is, you should go sometime.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon May 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Not even worth the argument but I will. I enjoy the fact that no matter what club it is its 21 v 21 and they all go flat out for the win on any given Sat, I can stand on the terraces or sit in the back of a ute having a beer with mates talking shit to the players while the kids run around the oval at the breaks, some still in their footy shorts from the u13 game at 8am that morning. As soon as the games are over the cheap meals start until the club fills up for presos that night, some then hang around to watch the AFL. The wives all get stuck into the champers, perv on the players and have a ripping time.

Still is, you should go sometime.

Yup!!!

Despite the result Fri night with my son at the Parade, it trumped any shared experience we've had at the SFL this year.

Spent more money there too, items actually brought not just $$$ amount.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby JK » Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

What's your point mate?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

What's your point mate?

Forget it, I'm only adding to the negativity, there's enough of that in here.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm putting my $$ into a competition that provides a great return to me and my family, money can't buy experiences. While seeing players go flat out for a couple of hours wanting to win for their club. No one can guarantee me that is happening in the SANFL anymore.

Respect the people that still attend the SANFL, but to me it is not about the standard of the competition, it is the fairness.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon May 22, 2017 1:30 pm

All I can say is

WE TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby MW » Mon May 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah that'll learn them
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby nolongerthere » Mon May 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Why does the SANFL have byes in a 10 team comp?! I once followed the SANFL have returned to SA 2 years ago, after 35 years away been to three games and just cant get use to the way the SANFL is now.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
nolongerthere

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm

nolongerthere wrote:Why does the SANFL have byes in a 10 team comp?! I once followed the SANFL have returned to SA 2 years ago, after 35 years away been to three games and just cant get use to the way the SANFL is now.

The advent of the AFL reserves sides made it a 10 team comp again. It's their fault.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL