I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Go for it.
It sounds like you are both up for the experience so have a crack.
You (and ill include your Mrs in the you) cant live trying to please everyone else.
You try to please others and at the end of the day you look back with regret.
Id like to say you appear to be an intelligent forumite, but your name/team just throws that away....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby whufc » Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Zartan wrote:
whufc wrote:yeah and its not a bad choice i have to make just one that will affect others potentially more than me.

I have a great job opportunity presenting me in the country, but will mean the misses will have to give up full time work (not her career though) to come with me (she really wants to come)

If she can find work where we may it will put us in a great position.

If she cant we break even but i have a massive advancement in my career.

Though it puts her in a very vulnerable position regarding her future and a lot of her dependency would revolve around me.

Or do we have a crack trying to live 2 hours away from one another (definitely not the preffered option) and we both can earn good money

FFS i dont know.

Suspected may have been something along those lines. Hannah is a big girl though - and still young - and if she's willing to follow you so you can progress your career potentially at the risk of her own, guess that's a call you have to let her make and support it.

It is a bit of a risk if she can't find work, also if you aren't putting yourselves in a better long term position have to weigh up the value.

2hrs apart really isn't that bad in the scheme of things - depends how long this work opportunity is going to last as well.

End of the day, you don't want to have any regrets either - do what you want - as harsh as it sounds, if you turned it down for the relationship and it fell apart few months down the track (touch wood that's not the case), then I imagine you wouldn't be too pleased..

Maybe you could split the difference - you move slightly closer to the new opportunity, she moves slightly further away from her current place and you only live like 1hr apart lol?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Sun May 21, 2017 8:48 pm

The missus and I spent 3 years living 250km apart. We were lucky in the way that we didn't live together before she moved to the Riverland, and we made sure we dropped everything and went to the other person in times that we needed it, and also spent each weekend and school holidays together. It's not easy, but can be done if it comes to that
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 am

whufc wrote:
yeah and its not a bad choice i have to make just one that will affect others potentially more than me.

I have a great job opportunity presenting me in the country, but will mean the misses will have to give up full time work (not her career though) to come with me (she really wants to come)

If she can find work where we may it will put us in a great position.

If she cant we break even but i have a massive advancement in my career.

Though it puts her in a very vulnerable position regarding her future and a lot of her dependency would revolve around me.

Or do we have a crack trying to live 2 hours away from one another (definitely not the preffered option) and we both can earn good money

FFS i dont know.

Perhaps you take the plunge first and have H look at applying for jobs in your region in the interim, even if she can earn 60-70% of what she is now and you will have an obvious pay rise you will be in front, no one will be left feeling vulnerable and the decision will be more mutual.

We had to sort something similar in December and it affected 6 of us, it was a very difficult, testing and tense.

Good luck.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 pm

why is it, seemingly only with old people, and it seems to be becoming more frequent, that people walk down the road instead of on the footpath? and then give you a dirty look as they have had to move over when you drive past them? theres two frigging footpaths ffs. even had ne bloke in pitch dark and dark clothing the other night doing it.

seriously, if they were just suicidal i could understand, but no on a suburban 50k road
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Spargo » Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

tipper wrote:why is it, seemingly only with old people, and it seems to be becoming more frequent, that people walk down the road instead of on the footpath? and then give you a dirty look as they have had to move over when you drive past them? theres two frigging footpaths ffs. even had ne bloke in pitch dark and dark clothing the other night doing it.

seriously, if they were just suicidal i could understand, but no on a suburban 50k road

I asked a woman one day who was doing this. She said the footpath was too uneven and she had previously fallen numerous times. The road was more smoother and true to walk on.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Yeah I hate walking on footpaths, especially in side streets. I'll always walk in the middle of the road (unless there's a car coming)

For obvious reasons I'll walk on the footpath on main roads though
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 22, 2017 4:01 pm

I'd imagine a sense of security for women as well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Spargo wrote:
tipper wrote:why is it, seemingly only with old people, and it seems to be becoming more frequent, that people walk down the road instead of on the footpath? and then give you a dirty look as they have had to move over when you drive past them? theres two frigging footpaths ffs. even had ne bloke in pitch dark and dark clothing the other night doing it.

I asked a woman one day who was doing this. She said the footpath was too uneven and she had previously fallen numerous times. The road was more smoother and true to walk on.

the footpath on this particular street is brand new (well, 1 of them is...) and is as smooth as it will ever be.

surely the risk of falling, and any associated injuries, is less than the risk of getting hit by 2 tonne of steel? especially at night! or just admit they arent as spritely as they used to be and get a walking stick or something.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Spargo wrote:

I'm glad it's smoother coz when she gets run over it'll need to be. ;)

Footpaths are called this for a reason.
Walk on it you dipsh*ts.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Booney wrote:I'd imagine a sense of security for women as well.

Might be more secure but not safe.
Walk in the gutter towards the oncoming traffic if you have too but not in the middle of the road.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 22, 2017 5:23 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:I'd imagine a sense of security for women as well.

Might be more secure but not safe.
Walk in the gutter towards the oncoming traffic if you have too but not in the middle of the road.

I'd rather get run over by a car than have a spider fall out of a tree onto me :lol: ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby HH3 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:26 pm

Pretty sure No.1 means don't use the road as a walking path.

No.2 means you can only walk on a road perpendicular to the curbs. Not parallel.

Dont walk on the road spuds.

Souce: Legal Services Commission of SA

Walking.JPG
Walking.JPG (75.8 KiB) Viewed 334 times
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Gozu » Mon May 22, 2017 5:41 pm

It also might be with large hedges and fences some old people get spooked when cars pull out of their driveways quickly blinded by not being able to see if anyone is coming on the footpath. Another aspect might be dogs bolting out of driveways right into the person walking past so by walking out on the road they've got more time to react.

I remember one place I lived at a middle-aged woman who was a bit funny used to always walk on the road about a metre and a half out from the curb constantly mumbling to herself she'd been doing it for years supposedly.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Ironically I experienced this 9am Sunday morning. I was turning left out of my street and a lady in a white SUV was about to turn right into the street. We had to patiently wait for an old bloke to slowly go past who was walking on the road in the middle of the lane on the south side of the street. He was fully kitted up in his walking outfit and gave me the death stare as I eventually drove past him.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tipper » Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Ironically I experienced this 9am Sunday morning. I was turning left out of my street and a lady in a white SUV was about to turn right into the street. We had to patiently wait for an old bloke to slowly go past who was walking on the road in the middle of the lane on the south side of the street. He was fully kitted up in his walking outfit and gave me the death stare as I eventually drove past him.

Yep. Its as if you are tge one doing tge wrong thing. Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Who would pay 'Cocaine Cassie' for 'services'? Better ways to spend your hard earned.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Mon May 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Brodlach wrote:Who would pay 'Cocaine Cassie' for 'services'? Better ways to spend your hard earned.

Done worse
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Who would pay 'Cocaine Cassie' for 'services'? Better ways to spend your hard earned.

Done worse

You Carey, that doesn't surprise me :lol:

I'm sure you haven't paid for worse though
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 pm

True.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times