ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:40 pm

North Haven won today! You f**king beauty!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Well done to Rob Hopkins winning another Hewitt Medal.

The gnome has had some tough times of late, anything to make him smile he deserves.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Go for it » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Great effort by Rob Hopkins had a awesome year. Well deserved legend on and off the field.
Go for it

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby caleb777 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:24 pm

SENIOR COACH WANTED..........
The Coromandel Valley Ramblers Cricket Club is a successful Cricket Club in the ASCA. We have senior teams in Sec 1, 3, 6 & 8 with many young players throughout all grades. Our junior teams in the South Central Junior Competition compete in the u10, u12, u14 & u16 levels with a regular influx of juniors into our senior ranks each season. The club’s A & B grades have competed in semi-finals for the last 3 seasons but without participation in grand finals. The club has built a very strong base but it is now time to capitalise.

The Club is seeking applications for the role of Senior Playing / Non-Playing Coach for the upcoming season. Prior experience in playing and/or coaching higher levels will be highly regarded and candidates should possess good leadership and communication skills. Remuneration will be negotiable based on skills and experience.

Please forward registrations of interest with coaching and/or playing history to Matt Smith at president@coromandelramblers.com.au by Monday 22nd May.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Moe » Thu May 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Talking with old Russ Hewitt tonight, and it looks like we have more new clubs joining our comp next season.
Fitzroy, Adelaide Lutheran, Happy Valley & Flagstaff Hill are names mentioned.

Anyone heard about this?
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Wow!

Would probably mean the Churches competition has finished up if true.

Would be great news for ASCA and strengthen and already strong competition. Two of those clubs with juniors too so big healthy clubs.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am

Was only a matter of time before one of the main C&CCA clubs moved comps.
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri May 19, 2017 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby wycbloods » Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am

Moe wrote:Talking with old Russ Hewitt tonight, and it looks like we have more new clubs joining our comp next season.

Anyone heard about this?

I believe there has been formal interest shown by Fitzroy and Adelaide Lutheran.

Think there has been some questions asked by Happy Valley and Flagstaff hill but nothing formal I understand.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 am

wycbloods wrote:
Moe wrote:Talking with old Russ Hewitt tonight, and it looks like we have more new clubs joining our comp next season.

Anyone heard about this?

I believe there has been formal interest shown by Fitzroy and Adelaide Lutheran.

Think there has been some questions asked by Happy Valley and Flagstaff hill but nothing formal I understand.

Full circle, WYCCC back to Fitzroy if true. Ahh, Independent Central days. Woody Districts, Port Districts, Wingfield, Fitzroy, United Districts, Norwood ANA....those were the days. :lol:
@Rik E Boy
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 am

Which grounds did Woodville Districts, United Districts and Norwood ANA play out of interest?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby auto » Tue May 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Which grounds did Woodville Districts, United Districts and Norwood ANA play out of interest?

Norwood the ikea car park. United was woodville hockey club. Woodville was oval next to Penington primary then woodville hockey club.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Booney » Tue May 23, 2017 12:46 pm

auto wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Which grounds did Woodville Districts, United Districts and Norwood ANA play out of interest?

Norwood the ikea car park. United was woodville hockey club. Woodville was oval next to Penington primary then woodville hockey club.

3/3 auto, did you play against WYCCC back then, then?

I wasn't upset when the Norwood ANA ground disappeared. We got bowled out for 16 chasing 258 in a semi final there. :oops:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby auto » Tue May 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Played at fitzies mate from 95 onwards.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Booney wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Anyone heard about this?

Full circle, WYCCC back to Fitzroy if true. Ahh, Independent Central days. Woody Districts, Port Districts, Wingfield, Fitzroy, United Districts, Norwood ANA....those were the days. [emoji38]
@Rik E Boy

What does the ANA in formally Norwood ANA and currently Glenelg ANA stand for?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Aero Nautical Association was Norwood, IIRC.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 23, 2017 1:09 pm

auto wrote:Played at fitzies mate from 95 onwards.

Would have crossed paths then for sure. 1988-2008 for me. ( I think! )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby caleb777 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 am

I have pleasure in announcing that Andrew Lee has been appointed as Senior Coach for the 2017/18 season. Andrew comes to us with years of experience in high level cricket competitions.
Andrew began playing A Grade district cricket at only 16 with Port Adelaide where he spent 11 seasons. At 27 he moved to Woodville playing A grade and B grade district for 5 seasons.
He has since played A Grade cricket with Walkerville and more recently Payneham in the ATCA. He has represented Turf at Association Level and coached Payneham prior to work commitments taking priority.
Andrew is a Left Hand top to middle order batsman and Left Arm orthodox spin bowler. His cricket philosophy is to "Play hard, smart cricket while having fun along the way and never stop learning".
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 pm

caleb777 wrote:I have pleasure in announcing that Andrew Lee has been appointed as Senior Coach for the 2017/18 season. Andrew comes to us with years of experience in high level cricket competitions.
Andrew began playing A Grade district cricket at only 16 with Port Adelaide where he spent 11 seasons. At 27 he moved to Woodville playing A grade and B grade district for 5 seasons.
He has since played A Grade cricket with Walkerville and more recently Payneham in the ATCA. He has represented Turf at Association Level and coached Payneham prior to work commitments taking priority.
Andrew is a Left Hand top to middle order batsman and Left Arm orthodox spin bowler. His cricket philosophy is to "Play hard, smart cricket while having fun along the way and never stop learning".

Which club is that?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Arch44 wrote:
caleb777 wrote:I have pleasure in announcing that Andrew Lee has been appointed as Senior Coach for the 2017/18 season. Andrew comes to us with years of experience in high level cricket competitions.

Which club is that?

Coromandel Ramblers.

Have one very, very fond memory of that oval. My best mate, A grade skipper at the time absolutely plundered them for 174 on one of the last sweltering days we played in, 45° and a stiff northerly. I got out there for 3 overs late in the day, but sitting watching him in those conditions was something special. He made me drive his car home that night, we stopped at Blackwood Cellars and brought a 6 pack pf Pale. By the time we got to the Tonsley he'd downed his 3. We got 6 more. By the time we got back home ( Seaton ) he was asleep. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Moe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Anything happening around the grounds thus far in ASCA?

Recruits?
Losses or retirements?

This used to be one of the most active forums
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps