4%
St Peters OC
1%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Great story and good on him. After his first game I heard that PNU had a 37 year old guy from the States playing his first game. Couldn't believe it. He kicked a goal and handed one off and while he didn't have a big impact on the game, the boys at TTG said he was a top bloke. Interesting kicking style.....wouldn't mind seeing him go head to head with John Butcher.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby morell » Wed May 24, 2017 4:07 pm

"...and former Norwood player Matthew Brunoli, who was making a return to the league this season with the Falcons after a year off."

Delicately put.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Lucky the AFL isnt run by the amateur league, Port would be playing every home game in China and the Crows could move to Tassie. How any club can be held responsible for the actions of spectators is beyond me. Whats to stop anyone getting hold of a bit of Modbury merchandise and abusing umpires/opposition etc
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jetters » Wed May 24, 2017 10:30 pm

The SAAFL have done an outstanding job of reducing violence and improving behaviour in recent years and should be commended.

It is not possible for every club to control every situation all the time, but as Bird Of Prey mentioned, if you penalise the club as a whole you force the 'innocent' bystander to correct the behaviour, rather than turn the other cheek. 4 times... where there's smoke there's fire.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Pag » Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 am

Without knowing all the ins and outs of the Modbury situation, and stating that I support the league's wishes the clean the league up, I also hope that the atmosphere that supporters create at grounds doesn't get lost. As a player, I always enjoyed the atmosphere at Modbury, the CLG blokes behind the southern goals at Mortlock, the bongo drums that used to play at Eastern Park, the Mound Me on Kilburn's outer wing, the guys on the scoreboard at CBC giving some feedback etc. I copped one of the best sledges of my career from the lads on the PNU balcony as I was about to come on the ground for my first ever taste of A grade footy as a teenager. Our Under 18s played at Portland last year with the whole Portland A Grade on the hill sinking tins and some of the sledging was brilliant stuff. I know that we as a senior male group try to create an atmosphere for our Women's Team when they play at home after us, with some music going and chanting and stuff.

Like I said, I'm all for the league clamping down on anti-social behaviour, I just hope these unique aspects of our league don't slowly diminish because of it.
Last edited by Pag on Thu May 25, 2017 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:Lucky the AFL isnt run by the amateur league, Port would be playing every home game in China and the Crows could move to Tassie. How any club can be held responsible for the actions of spectators is beyond me. Whats to stop anyone getting hold of a bit of Modbury merchandise and abusing umpires/opposition etc

Mate, metro footy is a completely different kettle of fish to what you are used of, the spectators have to pay to get in where you go whereas in the metro any drongo and a few mates can pull their car up with a boot full of piss and cause chaos.

It's unfortunate for Modbury in this instance as it only takes a 5 second outburst to lose years of credibility and 95% of the time it's from someone who has no link to the club.

As for one of your comments above, I used to wait for my team to get a free and let loose on the ump pretending I'm from the opposition.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jetters » Thu May 25, 2017 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Lucky the AFL isnt run by the amateur league, Port would be playing every home game in China and the Crows could move to Tassie. How any club can be held responsible for the actions of spectators is beyond me. Whats to stop anyone getting hold of a bit of Modbury merchandise and abusing umpires/opposition etc

Mate, metro footy is a completely different kettle of fish to what you are used of, the spectators have to pay to get in where you go whereas in the metro any drongo and a few mates can pull their car up with a boot full of piss and cause chaos.

It's unfortunate for Modbury in this instance as it only takes a 5 second outburst to lose years of credibility and 95% of the time it's from someone who has no link to the club.

As for one of your comments above, I used to wait for my team to get a free and let loose on the ump pretending I'm from the opposition.

Congratulations on successfully passing the d!ckhead test
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 11:10 am

Jetters wrote:
Congratulations on successfully passing the d!ckhead test

Hopefully one day I can reach the "Legendary" status that you have achieved.

PS: I have never used obscene language and it was only when we were copping the arse end of poor decisions, but feel free to judge.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 25, 2017 11:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I had forgotten about that rule, another ridiculous rule unique to the amateurs. Its almost as though its run by schools.....
Pretty sure you sort of backed up what i was saying. "Any drongo can rock up and cause chaos" and "95% of the time has no link to the club" In that case how is the club responsible???
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby jo172 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:31 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I had forgotten about that rule, another ridiculous rule unique to the amateurs. Its almost as though its run by schools.....
Pretty sure you sort of backed up what i was saying. "Any drongo can rock up and cause chaos" and "95% of the time has no link to the club" In that case how is the club responsible???

Home Club has the responsibility to provide a safe venue for the playing of Australian Rules Football. This includes the safety of visiting sides and Umpires.

That 95% of Clubs seem to manage this without a problem suggests that Clubs are capable of undertaking this responsibility and controlling the "drunk drongo causing chaos with no link to the Club".

From personal experience peer pressure in these scenarios does wonders.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 11:45 am

jo172 wrote:
Home Club has the responsibility to provide a safe venue for the playing of Australian Rules Football. This includes the safety of visiting sides and Umpires.

That 95% of Clubs seem to manage this without a problem suggests that Clubs are capable of undertaking this responsibility and controlling the "drunk drongo causing chaos with no link to the Club".

From personal experience peer pressure in these scenarios does wonders.

For sure, sending a few lads over to ask them to settle down a bit generally does the trick.

Some clubs appoint a MDO for the sake of having to have one, most appoint someone who WILL do the job correctly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 11:48 am

daysofourlives wrote:

What jo said, sometimes it's easier said than done though, I've had to go and settle some idiots down before and copped the "it's council land, we can do whatever we want".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am

If the Club has an attitude that said behaviour is not welcome and it is consistently applied through the whole membership/supporter base, not just left to the MDO/Committee, the dickheads in question will generally be made to feel so uncomfortable as to leave and/or pull their head in.

It's not easy and doesn't happen overnight.

When we were put on an AAA the entire membership base was put on notice that any further steps out of line would result in the penalty being applied to Modbury now. Has put a reasonably thorough culture of collective responsibility about the place.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm

jo172 wrote:If the Club has an attitude that said behaviour is not welcome and it is consistently applied through the whole membership/supporter base, not just left to the MDO/Committee, the dickheads in question will generally be made to feel so uncomfortable as to leave and/or pull their head in.

It's not easy and doesn't happen overnight.

When we were put on an AAA the entire membership base was put on notice that any further steps out of line would result in the penalty being applied to Modbury now. Has put a reasonably thorough culture of collective responsibility about the place.

At least you guys have a fence so the entry points can be monitored to some degree.

They can drift in from anywhere at Modbury Oval.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:They can drift in from anywhere at Modbury Oval.

Modbury only have the front gates off Hazel Grove, and the gates near Waterworld dont they?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:They can drift in from anywhere at Modbury Oval.

Modbury only have the front gates off Hazel Grove, and the gates near Waterworld dont they?

There's about 4 spots to drive in from, many more spots to stroll in from.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Milly » Thu May 25, 2017 12:25 pm

Executive Member wrote:
carey wrote:
Q. wrote:Makes you wonder what punishment North Pines copped after their MDO ran onto the field to belt a SPOSFC player this year

Probably nothing as PAC have already pulled out SAAFL wouldn't want an 8 team comp!

Doesn't sound good what happened in that game but obviously nothing has come out of it as that is was weeks ago??

Think you will find that this is up tonight

Anyone know how this went last night?
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Milly wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
carey wrote:
Q. wrote:Makes you wonder what punishment North Pines copped after their MDO ran onto the field to belt a SPOSFC player this year

Probably nothing as PAC have already pulled out SAAFL wouldn't want an 8 team comp!

Doesn't sound good what happened in that game but obviously nothing has come out of it as that is was weeks ago??

Think you will find that this is up tonight

Anyone know how this went last night?

20-05-17 - Jacob Shephard Elizabeth 6 Rough Conduct Reckless Medium Body Prescibed 2 -
21-05-17 - Jake Horn Portland U18 Rough Conduct Reckless Medium High Prescibed 2 -
20-05-17 - Justin McPherson Salisbury 4 Misconduct Reckless Low high Prescibed 1 1
20-05-17 - James Barclay Seaton Ramblers 3 Rough Conduct Reckless Medium High Prescibed 2 -
20-05-17 24-05-17 Callan Annett Seaton Ramblers 3 Rough Conduct - - - Not Guilty - -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Phillip Dudley - Inv North Pines 7 Instigating a melee - - - Not Guilty - -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Phillip Dudley - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Intentional Medium High Guilty 4 -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Phillip Dudley - Inv North Pines 7 Stomping Negligent Medium Body Guilty 2 -
22-04-17 24-05-17 David Gillman (MDO) - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Reckless Low High Guilty -
22-04-17 24-05-17 David Gillman (MDO) - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Reckless Low High Guilty 7yrs -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Cooper Sharp - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Intentional High High Guilty 8
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Thu May 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Whoah
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:20-05-17 - Jacob Shephard Elizabeth 6 Rough Conduct Reckless Medium Body Prescibed 2 -
21-05-17 - Jake Horn Portland U18 Rough Conduct Reckless Medium High Prescibed 2 -
20-05-17 - Justin McPherson Salisbury 4 Misconduct Reckless Low high Prescibed 1 1
20-05-17 - James Barclay Seaton Ramblers 3 Rough Conduct Reckless Medium High Prescibed 2 -
20-05-17 24-05-17 Callan Annett Seaton Ramblers 3 Rough Conduct - - - Not Guilty - -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Phillip Dudley - Inv North Pines 7 Instigating a melee - - - Not Guilty - -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Phillip Dudley - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Intentional Medium High Guilty 4 -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Phillip Dudley - Inv North Pines 7 Stomping Negligent Medium Body Guilty 2 -
22-04-17 24-05-17 David Gillman (MDO) - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Reckless Low High Guilty -
22-04-17 24-05-17 David Gillman (MDO) - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Reckless Low High Guilty 7yrs -
22-04-17 24-05-17 Cooper Sharp - Inv North Pines 7 Striking Intentional High High Guilty 8

What does "inv" mean?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League