Weird habits or superstitions etc.

Anything!

Re: Weird habits or superstitions etc.

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:45 am

Scarf here too, hasn't had a wash since got it in 91 though mightn't have had as hard a life as some above.

Sport wasn't too weird, more mental that superstition. Cricket was always left pad first. Same warmup routine walking out and before i faced a ball. In footy, after getting to position after a break always touched my toes to stretch the hammies then three or four knee to chest jumps.

I'd rather feel cold than hot in winter and hot than cold in summer to the extent i don't heat or cool my house.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:06 am

I wear a hat where possible.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:53 pm

At times I find myself stepping inside a paver or the tiles and not over two, i don't step on the cracks of cement. I even short step if I'm see I'm going to so i avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:45 am

Jeez, your steps are already short enough.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby the big bang » Wed May 31, 2017 11:46 am

I can't eat pizza without having coke. can't be pepsi or any other cola, has to be coke. to the point where i've gone without eating before because pizza was the only thing available and there was no coke. no idea why.

i can not see ice in a sink and do nothing about it. i have to either run warm water to make it melt or take it out and throw it outside. no idea why.

when eating a meal with a knife and fork, i switch which hands i'm holding the knife and fork in between each mouthful.i don't even realise i do this. only think about it when someone else notices and questions me about it which isn't very often, unless my wife secretly tells our friends before hand to keep an eye on it because i'm a weirdo. no idea why.

when setting an alarm i can't put it on either an o'clock, quarter or half. need to get up at 8:15? i'd set the alarm for 8:13 or 8:14. need to get up at 9:00? Alarm would be for 9:01. no idea why.

in bed i have to have more pillows than my wife. she's got 1 pillow? i'm happy with 2. if she's got 6, i need 7.no idea why.

that's about all i can think of right now. i know there would be more though.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 31, 2017 11:49 am

Sounds like a bit of OCD mate hehe
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:08 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:At times I find myself stepping inside a paver or the tiles and not over two, i don't step on the cracks of cement. I even short step if I'm see I'm going to so i avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't blame you, who would want to break their back
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby the big bang » Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 pm

bennymacca wrote:Sounds like a bit of OCD mate hehe

Definitely. And I feel as though over the years it's getting stronger if that makes sense. Little things pop up that I dislike, but slowly over time it becomes a bigger issue and then it becomes an actual problem for me. Is that how OCD works?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 12:23 pm

the big bang wrote:

Definitely. And I feel as though over the years it's getting stronger if that makes sense. Little things pop up that I dislike, but slowly over time it becomes a bigger issue and then it becomes an actual problem for me. Is that how OCD works?

I was just thinking about this thread last night.

My step son always drinks cordial or soft drink from a coffee mug, it drives me insane.

All the forks in the cutlery drawer have to face the same direction, no one else in the house is allowed to load the dishwasher (there's 6 of us).

I have a heap more idiosyncrasies that have become more apparent after living with others, sometimes I feel bad for everyone else but the house has become super organised.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 31, 2017 12:37 pm

the big bang wrote:

No idea really.

My completely uninformed opinion would be that if it's just idiosyncratic (we all have those) then don't worry about it, but if it starts to rule your life or gets you anxious, go have a chat with someone
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:
the big bang wrote:

No idea really.

My completely uninformed opinion would be that if it's just idiosyncratic (we all have those) then don't worry about it, but if it starts to rule your life or gets you anxious, go have a chat with someone

You should start all of your posts like this ;) hehe
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 31, 2017 3:28 pm

I can't put the TV and Austar remotes on my side of the bed when I go to sleep each night. Once I turn them off in bed, I have to put it on the missus side of the bed for her to put on her bedside drawer. It does her head in but for some reason, I have to do it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Bum Crack wrote:I can't put the TV and Austar remotes on my side of the bed when I go to sleep each night. Once I turn them off in bed, I have to put it on the missus side of the bed for her to put on her bedside drawer. It does her head in but for some reason, I have to do it.

Yep, that is out there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I can't put the TV and Austar remotes on my side of the bed when I go to sleep each night. Once I turn them off in bed, I have to put it on the missus side of the bed for her to put on her bedside drawer. It does her head in but for some reason, I have to do it.

Yep, that is out there.

I'm weird like that. Some arsehole reversed into the front door of my statesman two years ago at the Berri Golf Club and I have refused to drive the car since because I'm too pissed off and won't drive it until the person who did it owns up to it. It will be someone I know too as it was after a club golf day so that set me off on my dummy spit. I drive the missus old Laser now. I can hold a grudge
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep, that is out there.

I'm weird like that. Some arsehole reversed into the front door of my statesman two years ago at the Berri Golf Club and I have refused to drive the car since because I'm too pissed off and won't drive it until the person who did it owns up to it. It will be someone I know too as it was after a club golf day so that set me off on my dummy spit. I drive the missus old Laser now. I can hold a grudge

At high school we had a very religious Principal named Theo Ruckett, someone wrote on his door once "GOD SUCKS", he unhinged the door, took it home and burnt it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep, that is out there.

At high school we had a very religious Principal named Theo Ruckett, someone wrote on his door once "GOD SUCKS", he unhinged the door, took it home and burnt it.

:lol:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby JK » Wed May 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep, that is out there.

Sounds like it wasn't just the door that was unhinged
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:29 pm

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:09 am

I have to wear something Port Adelaide related when we play. If I'm there at the ground, or at home on my own in the man cave watching, I must have a shirt/hat/guernsey etc on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 am

Booney wrote:I have to wear something Port Adelaide related when we play. If I'm there at the ground, or at home on my own in the man cave watching, I must have a shirt/hat/guernsey etc on.

Our former GM was a mad Hawthorn supporter and during GF week in 2015 he went all out.

He came through the office and stupidly stopped to ask me if I had anything Hawthorn on.

I replied "Yeah, my jocks, they're yellow at the front and brown at the back", he walked away shaking his head.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion