ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon May 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:I know they picked up Steve Marks who will be a great pick up.. Any others?

Yep, but I won't say, not being a smart arse but will just run its course.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:I know they picked up Steve Marks who will be a great pick up.. Any others?

pooraka jets will be strong for a very long time... A1 cricket will be pooraka dominated for 10 years i reckon. the club would push A grade district teams with their side and their b grade will be a cut above the rest in a2 or a3
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

pooraka jets will be strong for a very long time... A1 cricket will be pooraka dominated for 10 years i reckon. the club would push A grade district teams with their side and their b grade will be a cut above the rest in a2 or a3

There is no doubt that Pooraka is flying at the moment, but questionable whether they can sustain it for 10 years. It wasn't that long ago that they had a poor 2011/12 season and just before the start of 2012 season it looked like they might struggle to field a side until they embarked on some last minute recruiting. They have got stronger and stronger each year since then and deserve their success, but how many years can their superstars continue to play for and can they replace them?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Brumbies » Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

There is no doubt that Pooraka is flying at the moment, but questionable whether they can sustain it for 10 years. It wasn't that long ago that they had a poor 2011/12 season and just before the start of 2012 season it looked like they might struggle to field a side until they embarked on some last minute recruiting. They have got stronger and stronger each year since then and deserve their success, but how many years can their superstars continue to play for and can they replace them?

in 2010 / 11 we finished 9th in A2 and hadn't had any team play finals for 5 years.
That was only 7 years ago, so it shows how much a club can change in a short period of time.
It was only 3 years ago that our B Grade were in B2 and this year they will be in A2.

It doesn't take much to de-rail a club.
Appointing the wrong coach or recruiting a couple of bad blokes can have a big impact.

Who knows, there may be a club playing in A2 now who could be dominating A1 in 10 years time.
Brumbies

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 25, 2017 12:21 am

Absolutely they deserve their success. And good on them. Enjoy the ride.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Any other movements yet?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby thevoice » Wed May 31, 2017 7:22 pm

New coach at PDFCC announced. Tracy Sandery
thevoice
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Whatsfordinner » Wed May 31, 2017 10:22 pm

Brahma lodge looking for a coach?
Does this mean penfield are alive as well? Or are they folding..
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby thevoice » Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:Brahma lodge looking for a coach?

We all know Heyzer watches this thread, surely he can jump on and clear it up for ya.
thevoice
Rookie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 31, 2017 10:34 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:Brahma lodge looking for a coach?

Pretty sure Penfield are gone.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby No kidding » Wed May 31, 2017 11:05 pm

thevoice wrote:New coach at PDFCC announced. Tracy Sandery

Who did she play for ? 8)
No kidding

Been liked: 16 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:13 am

Interesting how many he will take from Ingle Farm. Is he the father of Maurie Sandery from Ingle Farm.
Ingle Farm looking for 'Mature' skipper to go with new coach this season.Odd choice of words. Sandercock Gone?
Heard from Pt Districts that a few Ingle Farm lads were very keen on joining at the end of last season.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:42 am

helicopterking wrote:Ingle Farm looking for 'Mature' skipper to go with new coach this season.Odd choice of words. Sandercock Gone?

Sandercock will captain if required, but they're looking to see if there are any suitable candidates that come up - he'd rather just concentrate on playing.

He isn't going anywhere though.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby No kidding » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:13 am

helicopterking wrote:

Interesting how many he will take from Ingle Farm. Is he the father of Maurie Sandery from Ingle Farm.
Ingle Farm looking for 'Mature' skipper to go with new coach this season.Odd choice of words. Sandercock Gone?
Heard from Pt Districts that a few Ingle Farm lads were very keen on joining at the end of last season.

Father of Matt.
No kidding

Postby get a grip » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Interesting appointment by PDFCC, I would have thought a club going up to A1 would be looking to bolster their playing stocks by appointing a high quality player/coach, seems they have lost more players than they have gained. Might be a struggle for them next year.

On that, here are some of my early thoughts on promoted/relegated clubs for next year.

ROCCC - I didn't think they were in the best two teams going around A2 last year, will struggle, straight back down
PDFCC - Will need to replace Duffet, Caldera, Weber to be competitive, might win enough games to stay up.

Pembroke and Brighton - Both clubs have been fortunate to stay up in previous years, will have enough talent ot do well in A2, Brighton to make finals but Pembroke to finish 5th/6th

Pooraka B grade - Will continue to do well but think finals might be a bit of stretch. Unless they recruit heavilly again in the A grade and that pushes more down the graades. Might see Illuminato padding upo in the B's next year.

Flinders Park - Will find it tough but have some good young cricketers. will be relying on Stevens to make plenty of runs. Bottom 4

Rechabites - Will do well in A3 with Rosenthal and Duffet but have quite a few guys getting on now. Make finals.

Modbury - Strugled last year and fell to some heavy defeats, need to make more runs and give the bowlers more to defend, rely heavily on Radan

Just my thoughts, happy to hear yours
get a grip

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:31 pm

get a grip wrote:Interesting appointment by PDFCC, I would have thought a club going up to A1 would be looking to bolster their playing stocks by appointing a high quality player/coach, seems they have lost more players than they have gained. Might be a struggle for them next year.

On that, here are some of my early thoughts on promoted/relegated clubs for next year.

ROCCC - I didn't think they were in the best two teams going around A2 last year, will struggle, straight back down
PDFCC - Will need to replace Duffet, Caldera, Weber to be competitive, might win enough games to stay up.

Pembroke and Brighton - Both clubs have been fortunate to stay up in previous years, will have enough talent ot do well in A2, Brighton to make finals but Pembroke to finish 5th/6th

Pooraka B grade - Will continue to do well but think finals might be a bit of stretch. Unless they recruit heavilly again in the A grade and that pushes more down the graades. Might see Illuminato padding upo in the B's next year.

Flinders Park - Will find it tough but have some good young cricketers. will be relying on Stevens to make plenty of runs. Bottom 4

Rechabites - Will do well in A3 with Rosenthal and Duffet but have quite a few guys getting on now. Make finals.

Modbury - Strugled last year and fell to some heavy defeats, need to make more runs and give the bowlers more to defend, rely heavily on Radan

I think it is way too early to be making a call on any of these teams because most of them are still trying to recruit. I agree, that If ROCCC or PDFCC don't recruit some quality players then they will both struggle in A1, but we will have to wait and see who they end up with. Penfield will not have a team, so I expect Woody Rechabites to stay in A2. Does the return of Duffett and the inclusion of Rosenthal make them genuine contenders in A2?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:34 pm

helicopterking wrote:

Tracy Sandery is Maurie's aunty. Maurie will play at Ingle Farm. There may be one player that defects from Ingle Farm to Port Districts.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby get a grip » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
get a grip wrote:Interesting appointment by PDFCC, I would have thought a club going up to A1 would be looking to bolster their playing stocks by appointing a high quality player/coach, seems they have lost more players than they have gained. Might be a struggle for them next year.

I think it is way too early to be making a call on any of these teams because most of them are still trying to recruit. I agree, that If ROCCC or PDFCC don't recruit some quality players then they will both struggle in A1, but we will have to wait and see who they end up with. Penfield will not have a team, so I expect Woody Rechabites to stay in A2. Does the return of Duffett and the inclusion of Rosenthal make them genuine contenders in A2?

I agree it's early and still lots of recruiting to do, just a quiet day at work.
Rechabites will be more competitve in A2 but not sure about contenders. I think them staying up (if that's what happens) and the return of Duffett should help them recruit players to maybe become contenders but I doubt the inclusion of Rosenthal and an ageing Duffett will do that alone.
get a grip

Been liked: 1 time

Postby No kidding » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Tracy Sandery is Maurie's aunty. Maurie will play at Ingle Farm. There may be one player that defects from Ingle Farm to Port Districts.

:lol: :lol:
No kidding

Postby thevoice » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Any truth to the rumour one Sandery out (Matt moved to NZ), the other Maurie in at PDFCC?
thevoice
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps