Round 8

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 8

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:Terrible today from the Legs, embarassed the guernsey today with that pathetic performance. Huge gap between our best and worst

Even though you were missing 4 guns, might have made up 5 goals. Still, sturt jumped em today and apart from 6-7 minutes in 3rd, it was a full effort with all played well.

Having battersby back makes a world of difference.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Grenville wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Umpiring at Woodville has been diabolical.

Was Woodville allocated the nude-nut umpire this week?

We had the bald headed c***.

Chap? ;)

Chap was about the only thing we didn't call him today mate, he's a useless prick.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Groucho » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Worst game of football ever, played by the 2 worst teams in the S.A.N.F.L. Neither team could be bothered scoring a goal in the last quarter. I got no enjoyment from that game at all, we didn't win we were just the side that didn't lose! ](*,)

I feel cheated after seeing other teams and supporters enjoyment at beating us the last 4 weeks and my team finally "wins" and I don't get any enjoyment at all.
That's 2 hours of my life I won't be getting back.:twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Great win today, great crowd. Beard clunked contested marks like I've never seen him do before, we were clinical in front of goal. Baulderstone with some cheap tricks out there, deliberately tripped a sturt player running to a contest in open space then went on to take cheap shots at blokes smaller than him. Smart should also get a week for a cheap king hit to the back of the head to Slimming(?), gutless and pathetic. Norwood tried to niggle all day and had some good passages of play but I reckon 3-4 of their goals were from frees.
Sturt far to good now we're pretty well back at full strength and some good depth developing now with a thumping in the ressies.
Four wins in a row, last two against second and fourth.
Go Blues.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Groucho wrote:Worst game of football ever, played by the 2 worst teams in the S.A.N.F.L. Neither team could be bothered scoring a goal in the last quarter. I got no enjoyment from that game at all, we didn't win we were just the side that didn't lose! ](*,)

I feel cheated after seeing other teams and supporters enjoyment at beating us the last 4 weeks and my team finally "wins" and I don't get any enjoyment at all.

Some people are hard to please I guess..... :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:51 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Great win today, great crowd. Beard clunked contested marks like I've never seen him do before, we were clinical in front of goal. Baulderstone with some cheap tricks out there, deliberately tripped a sturt player running to a contest in open space then went on to take cheap shots at blokes smaller than him. Smart should also get a week for a cheap king hit to the back of the head to Slimming(?), gutless and pathetic. Norwood tried to niggle all day and had some good passages of play but I reckon 3-4 of their goals were from frees.
Sturt far to good now we're pretty well back at full strength and some good depth developing now with a thumping in the ressies.
Go Blues.

Hone, 3 goals early, what did he finish with?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Grenville » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:52 pm

It was a woeful game of football but we'll take any win at this stage. Butcher's best game for the club.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Groucho » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:01 pm

heater31 wrote:
Groucho wrote:Worst game of football ever, played by the 2 worst teams in the S.A.N.F.L. Neither team could be bothered scoring a goal in the last quarter. I got no enjoyment from that game at all, we didn't win we were just the side that didn't lose! ](*,)

Some people are hard to please I guess..... :roll:

You'll be happy next week and have great enjoyment then.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Corona Man wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Great win today, great crowd. Beard clunked contested marks like I've never seen him do before, we were clinical in front of goal. Baulderstone with some cheap tricks out there, deliberately tripped a sturt player running to a contest in open space then went on to take cheap shots at blokes smaller than him. Smart should also get a week for a cheap king hit to the back of the head to Slimming(?), gutless and pathetic. Norwood tried to niggle all day and had some good passages of play but I reckon 3-4 of their goals were from frees.
Go Blues.

5-0
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:17 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Go Blues.

5-0

5 from the straight back!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Columbo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:Why is Eagles v North starting at 2.40?

Was triple header, 18's started at 9.25. Might need to start at 9 next week, lucky it was a sunny day.

Umps were wired up today, 2 observers in the stands talking to them.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby matt35 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Really good win for the Tigers today. We played with a lot of intensity today; tackling and pressure was fantastic, Adelaide were rarely able to do anything that wasn't under pressure. Very good conversion, 14-4, certainly helped as well! Crowd today was 2,458. Now on to Prospect; another test as North belted us twice last year and we've yet to win away from Glenelg.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Pantsed by the Blues! :oops:

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Go Blues.

Seems like a really balanced and analytical overview :roll:
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:06 pm

matt35 wrote:Really good win for the Tigers today. We played with a lot of intensity today; tackling and pressure was fantastic, Adelaide were rarely able to do anything that wasn't under pressure. Very good conversion, 14-4, certainly helped as well! Crowd today was 2,458. Now on to Prospect; another test as North belted us twice last year and we've yet to win away from Glenelg.

Yep watched this today. Surprised the Crows hung around as long as the Tiges looked all over them after quarter time. Wigg was good, Thomo tried hard and the talls got their hands on the ball but some of the top ups were spuds. Bays certainly controlled possession. I thought Sharenberg, Agnew, Snook and big Woz were all good with the Mileras providing that touch of magic. Dom Barry outstanding.
I teckon they will knock off the Cocks next week
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Wolf Pack » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Fair Dinkum.
My club is an absolute basket case!!!
Haven't won a game since round 13 2016!!!
Couldn't kick a goal in the second half today.
2 wins 24 losses since the flag.
Time to put the broom through the club!!!
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby GMcG » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:21 pm

go and eat some worms.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby stampy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:13 am

know what you are saying, we went thru that shit last week
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Gozu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Crowds

Sturt vs Norwood - 3,851

Eagles vs North - 1,842

West vs Centrals - 1,801

Glenelg vs Crows - 2,458
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Gozu wrote:Crowds

Sturt vs Norwood - 3,851

Eagles vs North - 1,842

West vs Centrals - 1,801

Glenelg vs Crows - 2,458

Some of the crowd at Richmond yesterday must've been hiding away behind the fence at the northern end, 1801 my arse.
Grenville
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL