23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Bradman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 am

Before anyone pots the Rosewater Over 35's and the football club. Steve Sinclair the "umpire" in yesterdays game was a previous player at Rosewater...his son also played at rosewater in Juniors. He has bad blood with the football club and moved his son to Woodville South (reasons don't need to be aired here). ill think you will all find that he rang channel 7 himself...looking for 5 mins of fame and potting a footy club he has issues with. is there any mention in the story of the umpire threatening to knock "the coaches block off" ?? This was not a matter of umpire v coach...this was personal from both the umpire and the injured player...we don't have a coach. there was nothing but chest to chest really and a shoulder knock. Umpire was as much to do with it as the other if not more so trying to provoke the issue knowing the situation the clubs in. For seven to run that and again use old footage without getting the real facts is a disgrace.

its a pity also he didn't mention the fact the other umpire called it off because the game was getting out of control based on his umpiring or lack there of.

If it was that bad that it made a highlight reel on channel 7 news why was there absolutely nothing written on the match report??

Hope he realises what he has done and that the truth be told. ,and channel 7 apologises
Some like to say Arrogant, I like to say confident.
Bradman
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby citycoaster17 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:09 am

Bradman wrote:Before anyone pots the Rosewater Over 35's and the football club. Steve Sinclair the "umpire" in yesterdays game was a previous player at Rosewater...his son also played at rosewater in Juniors. He has bad blood with the football club and moved his son to Woodville South (reasons don't need to be aired here). ill think you will all find that he rang channel 7 himself...looking for 5 mins of fame and potting a footy club he has issues with. is there any mention in the story of the umpire threatening to knock "the coaches block off" ?? This was not a matter of umpire v coach...this was personal from both the umpire and the injured player...we don't have a coach. there was nothing but chest to chest really and a shoulder knock. Umpire was as much to do with it as the other if not more so trying to provoke the issue knowing the situation the clubs in. For seven to run that and again use old footage without getting the real facts is a disgrace.

its a pity also he didn't mention the fact the other umpire called it off because the game was getting out of control based on his umpiring or lack there of.

If it was that bad that it made a highlight reel on channel 7 news why was there absolutely nothing written on the match report??

Hope he realises what he has done and that the truth be told. ,and channel 7 apologises

Sounds like there could be a case of defamation to answer by both channel 7 and the "umpire"?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 am

When I saw the 'umpire' and the 'former player' that channel 7 utilised on the story I felt something wasn't quite right here.. Bradman summed it up pretty well. Its also good to see the great man Bradman posting again, its always a pleasure to hear from him
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:41 am

Bradman wrote:Before anyone pots the Rosewater Over 35's and the football club. Steve Sinclair the "umpire" in yesterdays game was a previous player at Rosewater...his son also played at rosewater in Juniors. He has bad blood with the football club and moved his son to Woodville South (reasons don't need to be aired here). ill think you will all find that he rang channel 7 himself...looking for 5 mins of fame and potting a footy club he has issues with. is there any mention in the story of the umpire threatening to knock "the coaches block off" ?? This was not a matter of umpire v coach...this was personal from both the umpire and the injured player...we don't have a coach. there was nothing but chest to chest really and a shoulder knock. Umpire was as much to do with it as the other if not more so trying to provoke the issue knowing the situation the clubs in. For seven to run that and again use old footage without getting the real facts is a disgrace.

Bravo.. welcome back old boy ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:24 am

citycoaster17 wrote:

Sounds like there could be a case of defamation to answer by both channel 7 and the "umpire"?

Would hope Ch9 follow up with the truth & tear Ch7 a new one
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 am

There you go Mr Beefy, the sort of thing I was suggesting a couple of weeks ago. Channel 7 will always try to discredit the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League. They dont care what club it is as long as it is sticking it to Channel 9.

Good luck Mr Beefy I hope it works out really well for you, the couple of times I have visited Rosewater they have been nothing short of great and accomodating. The people out there couldnt do enough for us as a club (juniors) or supporters in the clubrooms.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 am

Quote from a guy who played for Hills in that game
must admit nearly spat my tea out last night watching the news and saw that on. Was hardly a newsworthy match.

There certainly wasn't any fights and there was one scuffle between two in the last qtr. All was fine post match shaking hands with each other until their coach approached the umpire. I had my back turned to it, but the umpire was clearly not happy with what the coach said to him.

*Yawn* - well then i'm over it now haha,
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am

thegrowler wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Only my facts count as I'm mates with Alan and we spoke for a while about him playing

Is this a serious post?

He lost me with the "mate" bit
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Only my facts count as I'm mates with Alan and we spoke for a while about him playing

Don't forget to pick up that name you just dropped

Funny enough I use to drive him to his games when he was 17 is a very good friend of mine so I'm very happy to clear up any third hand stories

Didak has got form for getting in the wrong car

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/magpies-night-with-accused-killer/2007/06/28/1182624084999.html
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1079 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby S Demon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 am

Brodlach wrote:There you go Mr Beefy, the sort of thing I was suggesting a couple of weeks ago. Channel 7 will always try to discredit the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League. They dont care what club it is as long as it is sticking it to Channel 9.

Good luck Mr Beefy I hope it works out really well for you, the couple of times I have visited Rosewater they have been nothing short of great and accomodating. The people out there couldnt do enough for us as a club (juniors) or supporters in the clubrooms.

It's a shame really that both channels can't sponsor a sporting competition without resorting to schoolyard tactics of trying to discredit those leagues. I know sponsorship dollars are hard to come by, but might be time to look elsewhere for sponsorship money. Channel 7 well known for grub journalism, channel 9 not much better..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
thegrowler wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
thegrowler wrote:Rosewater....Oh Dear :oops:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I feel for all the blokes that do the right thing and for the work by so many but another rotten egg has gone foul and I can't imagine it's going to be a good week for the Dogs.

Ugh

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the AdFL teams - it really doesn't need to be here thanks

You are beibg naive if you think this won't have an adverse effect on the RFC. All teams that represent a club have something to do with them.

I'm not being naive Mr smarty growly pants, it needed to be made clear from the outset - that the RFC can't and won't be sanctioned by the AdFL as the over 35's is a separate comp so anyone that had plans on coming on and demanding they be chucked out etc... can think again.

Does the AdFL have a rule to the effect of "bringing the game into disrepute"?

Based on Bradman's post, (nice avatar BTW), I would hope it doesn't get used in this instance. But to say a club that competes within the Ch9AFL can do whatever it wants outside of Ch9AFL sanctioned games would be a little dangerous if you ask me. I would like to think the Ch9AFL has the ability to protect its own reputation and that of all clubs, if necessary (which once again, based on Bradman's post doesn't appear to be required in this specific incident - but it would be good to know they have the ability to do so if required).
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:42 pm

That'd be like the AFL imposing a ban on the Power because the AdFL womens D1 team played up. I see your point but it's too much of a grey area.

The above though, is a good argument for making over 35's play under a different club name, ie; western old dogs or something like that

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:57 pm

D5 Ladder after Round 9
16 - Glenunga
16 - Lockleys
12 - CBCOC
12 - BOS
10 - Pooraka
-----------------------------
06 - Hope Valley
06 - Woodville South
05 - Kenilworth
05 - Rosewater
02 - Greenacres

Round 10
CBCOC v Lockleys
Hope Valley v Woody South
Pooraka v Greenacres
BOS v Rosewater
Glenunga v Kenilworth

Find the bottom half of the ladder more interesting than the top! Only two wins separating 6th from 10th and only half a win between 6th and 9th :shock:

It's fair to say Greenacres are in the box seat to go down end of season, given they're already off the pace and their depth is arguably the poorest in the depth, they'll struggle to cover outs.

Hard to see the top 5 changing - Hope Valley would need to jag a win against Pooraka in Rd 16 and potentially another against one of the other Top 5 sides to figure.

Think Woody South have the most favorable draw of those finals hopefuls currently outside the 5.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm

We shouldn't be where we are sitting.

Of the sides above us, Glenunga and Pooraka are the only ones that have convincingly defeated us, the others were less than a goal losses - I think lockleys was around 15 points in the end.

Plus our loss to Greenacres

As we know in this grade - anything can happen, One thing Im sure of though, is that Us and Woody South don't want to be fighting again for that last spot in D5 in the last round :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby zedman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 pm

statistically the 5 looks set but we lost to wsfc and had close games with kfc, rfc and hvfc so im loathe to write anybody off just yet..teams will keep improving..i think 10 wins guarantees finals..9 might even do it..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby number2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:38 am

Zartan wrote:D5 Ladder after Round 9
16 - Glenunga
16 - Lockleys
12 - CBCOC
12 - BOS
10 - Pooraka
-----------------------------
06 - Hope Valley
06 - Woodville South
05 - Kenilworth
05 - Rosewater
02 - Greenacres

Round 10
CBCOC v Lockleys
Hope Valley v Woody South
Pooraka v Greenacres
BOS v Rosewater
Glenunga v Kenilworth

Find the bottom half of the ladder more interesting than the top! Only two wins separating 6th from 10th and only half a win between 6th and 9th :shock:

It's fair to say Greenacres are in the box seat to go down end of season, given they're already off the pace and their depth is arguably the poorest in the depth, they'll struggle to cover outs.

Hard to see the top 5 changing - Hope Valley would need to jag a win against Pooraka in Rd 16 and potentially another against one of the other Top 5 sides to figure.

Think Woody South have the most favorable draw of those finals hopefuls currently outside the 5.

How can Woody South have the most favorable draw?
All teams play each other twice don't they? Once away and once at home! or does Woody South get Greenacres twice in the second half of the season?
number2

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:59 am

number2 wrote:
How can Woody South have the most favorable draw?
All teams play each other twice don't they? Once away and once at home! or does Woody South get Greenacres twice in the second half of the season?

By playing the higher ranked teams at home and the lower ranked teams away in the back 9 I'd imagine.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 am

number2 wrote:How can Woody South have the most favorable draw?

:lol: You been talking to beeroclock by any chance? Literally word for word what he said to me last night! :lol:

Woody South
Hope Valley (Away)
Glenunga (Home)
Rosewater (Home)
Greenacres (Away)
Lockleys (Home)
Kenilworth (Away)
CBCOC (Home)
Pooraka (Away)
BOS (Home)

They play 2/3 sides below them away - they'd still be confident of winning all 3 of those games. They play the top 4 sides at home, which i'm sure all sides would be more confident playing home than away, and they'd consider themselves an outside chance of jagging one or more wins in that block. Worst case they can limit the damage and protect their percentage.

Hope Valley
Woody South (Home)
Rosewater (Away)
Greenacres (Home)
Lockleys (Away)
Kenilworth (Home)
CBCOC (Away)
Pooraka (Home)
BOS (Away)
Glenunga (Home)

They play 3/4 sides below them at home, and Rosewater away who are a far better side on their ground. They then play 3 of the top 4 away and finish the season at home against Glenunga. Their last month block features sides all currently entrenched in the top 5.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:By playing the higher ranked teams at home and the lower ranked teams away in the back 9 I'd imagine.

Correct. Also the order in which they play them - Woody South's draw is broken up a little more with higher/lower ranked sides every other week, where as Hope Valley plays the higher ranked sides in a larger block (last 4 rounds).
The Bedge
Coach

Postby simmo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 am

Just as a curious question. When was the last time woody south was in the same division 2 years in a row. I have a suspicion its been a few years
simmo
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League