Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby carey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:07 pm

UK Fan wrote:
carey wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:It's all starting to become so abundantly clear. You've pretty much named the top 10 miscreants and neanderthals of Mitchell Park FC's lore.

and Scott Weekley is the President of the Anti-Port fan club.

Nice clubrooms at Mitchell Park and beautiful ground. I'm pretty sure I had a beer with Morell last time I was their.

Shit Guernsey but apart from that.

A Bamford = good bloke

Scott Bamford is at Para Hills. Was at Mitchell Park when Para Hills were in recess ;)

Yep only saw him last season at Mitchell Park he still had good skills

You can't play both AFL and SANFL footy with out them! (Well there are some exceptions lol)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Booney wrote:2 nights accommodation and two tickets to the Bulldogs v Port game in Ballarat from $540.

On the Bulldogs website.

Seems a bit steep. Tons of good accomodation in Ballarat that wouldn't cost anywhere near that
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:2 nights accommodation and two tickets to the Bulldogs v Port game in Ballarat from $540.

On the Bulldogs website.

Dates?

Pick one up over there...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5454 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby carey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Spargo wrote:
carey wrote:

On the Bulldogs website.

Dates?

Pick one up over there...

Well played.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:48 pm

carey wrote:

On the Bulldogs website.

Dates?

Game is Saturday 19th August
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:

On the Bulldogs website.

Seems a bit steep. Tons of good accomodation in Ballarat that wouldn't cost anywhere near that

Try it on the weekend of AFL footy in town.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

On the Bulldogs website.

Try it on the weekend of AFL footy in town.

Would be plenty in the region of $200-400 for 2 nights. It's a major tourist town and would have close to 100 hotels/motels that are full in school holiday and summer times but vacant in winter. Would think 80-90% of the crowd would be made up of locals or Dogs fans coming from Melbourne just for the day
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 am

Jim05 wrote:Would be plenty in the region of $200-400 for 2 nights. It's a major tourist town and would have close to 100 hotels/motels that are full in school holiday and summer times but vacant in winter. Would think 80-90% of the crowd would be made up of locals or Dogs fans coming from Melbourne just for the day

Correct, my deal is $210 per night for the room and $60 per ticket to the footy. A bit high, but with an expected capacity of under 14,000 I at least know I'll be one of them there!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:42 am

UK Fan wrote:I've used evidence and logic and have financials to back up my claims. You have your own opinion and a big opinion of yourself.

You've used "everyone picks on port and the sanfl sucks" which for a 10 year old is fair argument . But for a grown adult is embarrassing.

Which is probably why Booney thru you under a bus recently.

He is a "right winged" port supporter.

Interesting statement. sounds like I'm not the only one who knows you are clueless. :-)
lel the only one that actually posted financial statements was me UK Fan but that's ok, I'll leave you be, this isn't the thread for it, and I understand that you must be very down watching your beloved Centrals wither away whilst Port reach for the stars.

As for Booney throwing me under the bus, I really don’t think that was the case, he was referring to the very broad church that is the Port Adelaide Football Club Supporter base which ranges from 15 year olds who wouldn’t be able to pick Russell Ebert out of line up and only know of the Power, all the way to people like Booney who have geographic and familial connections to Alberton and then even more extreme people who still don’t follow the Power at all!

I’d say I am more of a right leaning centralist than extreme right wing. I grew up watching the Maggies, I buy into the 1870 stuff, love it when we wear the prison bars and quote The Creed. But I have no day to day life connection to the Magpies, I follow Port in the AFL mostly, if the Maggies died I would be sad for some people because I don’t completely lack empathy but I wouldn’t be that fussed personally.

That’s the thing about Port, we’re inclusive. We don’t ostracise or say this person or that person isn’t welcome.

I made a chart for you if it helps:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.33 KiB) Viewed 545 times
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 am

morell wrote:
UK Fan wrote:I've used evidence and logic and have financials to back up my claims. You have your own opinion and a big opinion of yourself.

You've used "everyone picks on port and the sanfl sucks" which for a 10 year old is fair argument . But for a grown adult is embarrassing.

Interesting statement. sounds like I'm not the only one who knows you are clueless. :-)
lel the only one that actually posted financial statements was me UK Fan but that's ok, I'll leave you be, this isn't the thread for it, and I understand that you must be very down watching your beloved Centrals wither away whilst Port reach for the stars.

As for Booney throwing me under the bus, I really don’t think that was the case, he was referring to the very broad church that is the Port Adelaide Football Club Supporter base which ranges from 15 year olds who wouldn’t be able to pick Russell Ebert out of line up and only know of the Power, all the way to people like Booney who have geographic and familial connections to Alberton and then even more extreme people who still don’t follow the Power at all!

I’d say I am more of a right leaning centralist than extreme right wing. I grew up watching the Maggies, I buy into the 1870 stuff, love it when we wear the prison bars and quote The Creed. But I have no day to day life connection to the Magpies, I follow Port in the AFL mostly, if the Maggies died I would be sad for some people because I don’t completely lack empathy but I wouldn’t be that fussed personally.

That’s the thing about Port, we’re inclusive. We don’t ostracise or say this person or that person isn’t welcome.

I'm in no group according to that. :(
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby morell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 am

You're your own man LM. But remember its a scale, not a grouping.

Just like you can have some right wing political opinions and some left wing ones.
morell
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Extreme right should be 95% not 5%.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:Extreme right should be 95% not 5%.

Bzzzt. Wrong.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Booney wrote:

Bzzzt. Wrong.

I talk to more Power fans than you do at home games. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Bzzzt. Wrong.

I talk to more Power fans than you do at home games. ;)

Maybe, the ones I talk to do it by choice though. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:52 pm

morell wrote:

Sorry, I missed all of that Adolf :-) .

I think we are all aware what you think of yourself bud.

Only thing u achieved was you got it confirmed for you how much damage port has done to sa footballs finances.

Which only you have ever denied funnily enough. Maybe why thrown under bus ?? Possibly ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby morell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 pm

The mythical "sa football". The thing UK Fan thinks is the SANFL. This amazing beast that at any time is convenient includes Port Adelaide and expects it to deliver revenue and at another doesn't include those treacherous bastards.

Have you seen the movie Split?
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm

morell wrote:

Please tell me you didn't make this chart yourself and that you actually found it on google?
I've met some strange dudes in my time but you're up there........ :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby morell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:48 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:

Please tell me you didn't make this chart yourself and that you actually found it on google?
I've met some strange dudes in my time but you're up there........ :lol:
OK
morell
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:05 pm

morell wrote:The mythical "sa football". The thing UK Fan thinks is the SANFL. This amazing beast that at any time is convenient includes Port Adelaide and expects it to deliver revenue and at another doesn't include those treacherous bastards.

Have you seen the movie Split?

Mythical ???

Maybe Make a graph out the sanfls rising debt since 1991 from the balance sheets you've studied. Maybe draw it in crayon if that helps you.

Maybe then you'll understand Adolf. Let me guess you'll get half way thru it and label the graph as "anti port" :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL