Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby morell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 pm

UK Fan wrote:
morell wrote:The mythical "sa football". The thing UK Fan thinks is the SANFL. This amazing beast that at any time is convenient includes Port Adelaide and expects it to deliver revenue and at another doesn't include those treacherous bastards.

Have you seen the movie Split?

Mythical ???

Maybe Make a graph out the sanfls rising debt since 1991 from the balance sheets you've studied. Maybe draw it in crayon if that helps you.

Maybe then you'll understand Adolf. Let me guess you'll get half way thru it and label the graph as "anti port" :-)
Sorry, do you mean SA football or the SANFL, you keep chopping and changing.

Because as every sane person knows, they're entirely different things.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Ruben Carter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Ah, UK Fan! ....always good for a laugh, does anyone on here actually take him seriously? :oops:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:28 am

I have a theory that Morrell is David Thorne... goading the simple is what he does best... the chart was the clincher...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 am

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:25 am

Ruben Carter wrote:Ah, UK Fan! ....always good for a laugh, does anyone on here actually take him seriously? :oops:

Tell me, how could you?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby morell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:41 am

nuggety goodness wrote:I have a theory that Morrell is David Thorne... goading the simple is what he does best... the chart was the clincher...

How interesting. Huge fan of Mr Thorne so I'll take that as a compliment. Must admit the vast majority of people tend to take my posts far too seriously. Most of the time I am being purposefully cheeky and/or stirring the pot.

Arguing on the internet with facts and logic doesn't work unless you already have buy in from whomever you're talking to. If you dont have it you only get the backfire effect, made famous recently by The Oatmeal:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

I used get involved in semi-serious debates on the Yahoo! polsci forums back in the hey day of the internet - I'd carefully construct a well formed argument replete with citations, sources and accuracy. The other person would chime in with a single funny one liner and win the hearts and minds.

So yep, I use satire and dry humour to create engagement and in turn enable the point to get across - almost sub consciously.

I fear I have said too much! Now no one is going to take me seriously. RIP morell's Myths.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 am

Anyway, back to Port Adelaide. The most successful senior football club in Australia.

Massive danger game this week IMO!
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:22 pm

morell wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:I have a theory that Morrell is David Thorne... goading the simple is what he does best... the chart was the clincher...

How interesting. Huge fan of Mr Thorne so I'll take that as a compliment. Must admit the vast majority of people tend to take my posts far too seriously. Most of the time I am being purposefully cheeky and/or stirring the pot.

Arguing on the internet with facts and logic doesn't work unless you already have buy in from whomever you're talking to. If you dont have it you only get the backfire effect, made famous recently by The Oatmeal:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

I used get involved in semi-serious debates on the Yahoo! polsci forums back in the hey day of the internet - I'd carefully construct a well formed argument replete with citations, sources and accuracy. The other person would chime in with a single funny one liner and win the hearts and minds.

So yep, I use satire and dry humour to create engagement and in turn enable the point to get across - almost sub consciously.

I fear I have said too much! Now no one is going to take me seriously. RIP morell's Myths.

Dude you're a Port Power supporter, of course no one is going to take you seriously! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby morell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Ayyyyy lmao good one. I see you've played knifey spoony before!

morell
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 pm

morell wrote:Anyway, back to Port Adelaide. The most successful senior football club in Australia.

Port by 60+, our treacle like midfield will be punished on a quick Etihad deck. Couple with our lack of decent defenders I reckon it could get real ugly for us
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:30 pm

morell wrote:Ayyyyy lmao good one. I see you've played knifey spoony before!

I'm not a huge Simpsons fan but I remember that episode. :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby morell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:Anyway, back to Port Adelaide. The most successful senior football club in Australia.

Port by 60+, our treacle like midfield will be punished on a quick Etihad deck. Couple with our lack of decent defenders I reckon it could get real ugly for us
Looks like this is going to be one of those "whose supporters can talk it down more so we can not have any perceived pressure on ourselves and watch the game stress free" type contests.

Essendon by 12.
morell
Coach

Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Looks like this is going to be one of those "whose supporters can talk it down more so we can not have any perceived pressure on ourselves and watch the game stress free" type contests.

Essendon by 12.

No talking it down, it's what I believe. If this game was at the MCG I'd give us a chance but we suck at Etihad and get exposed there all the time. Unless we get some kids in and get rid of the old hacks we will struggle. Port are the best FTB's in the comp, once they smell blood it will get messy
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Essendon leak goals, 4th worst back half in the league. Port have had the least scored against us in the league.

As such Essendon get more of the ball than Port, lots more, but mostly in their back half. Ports press is only currently being countered by the sides at the point end of the ladder with more convincing systems and structures.

Port by about 5 goals.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Yeah see I still don't trust this group.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:19 pm

morell wrote:Yeah see I still don't trust this group.

I do, well, I do more so than I did 18 months ago. Much of that is due to the fact our back 6 is in excellent order. Last year it had no Trengove, no Hombsch and no Jonas for the bulk of the year. We've stabilized the back half which, given our penchant to turn the ball over as we did last year ( which has also reduced ) we can hold sides from scoring for longer. Ergo, we've got the best defence.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Who do we run with Joe the Mo?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby JK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:Essendon leak goals, 4th worst back half in the league. Port have had the least scored against us in the league.

As such Essendon get more of the ball than Port, lots more, but mostly in their back half. Ports press is only currently being countered by the sides at the point end of the ladder with more convincing systems and structures.

Port by about 5 goals.

Yep, bang on the money me thinks
Last edited by JK on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:32 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Essendon leak goals, 4th worst back half in the league. Port have had the least scored against us in the league.

Port by about 5 goals.

Yep, I bang on the money me thinks

You bang on the money?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Port by about 5 goals.

Yep, I bang on the money me thinks

You bang on the money?

Well you're not allowed to hand it to them
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL