C&CCA Season 2016/17

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: C&CCA Season 2016/17

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:48 am

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:No club in the PDCA is going to accept a club named "Never2late"

I've seen clubs knocked back over the years for pilfering too many players form the one club to start up, once you're in, you're in and opposing clubs acknowledge this so they don't wanna see any fly by nighters.

Never2late are in the process of changing their name anyway to be more of a "proper" club - they identified this need before Christmas.

None of their players came from other clubs (well 1 i think from Fitzroy), and they've steadily grown since they joined our comp, and have aspirations to move to 2 sides next year.

Don't know what the name has to do with anything anyway.. besides you've got Adel Warriors, Adel Bangladesh tigers, Ceylon Tamil, Direk, Smithfield - they're kind of strange names :P

If N2L weren't accepted, i'm sure Enfield would be most happy to absorb them.. :D

LOL, Direk is a suburb and were actually a successful club in their day, I'm sure a name change would see them gain entry.

I'm not the gatekeeper but I've seen enough over the years to know where the limit is, would love to see Luthies in but I'm sure the Dublin, Two Wells and Riverside delegates probably wouldn't endorse it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 am

Lutheran will go to ASCA anyway - too far for them to want to be travelling North every second week also.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Personally I like C&CCA - the lesser travel, the shorter playing hours, the flexibility etc.

If C&CCA fold, maybe i'll just create a new comp in its place - 1 day comp, shorter season, day/night games, 12 player teams and for the lower grades make it a super 8's comp or similar so clubs can built and support numbers without needing to find another 20 blokes :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Zartan wrote:Personally I like C&CCA - the lesser travel, the shorter playing hours, the flexibility etc.

If C&CCA fold, maybe i'll just create a new comp in its place - 1 day comp, shorter season, day/night games, 12 player teams and for the lower grades make it a super 8's comp or similar so clubs can built and support numbers without needing to find another 20 blokes :lol:

Yeah, in today's day and age no one wants to travel more than half an hour to have a game of cricket.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Whom is the president of churches? I thought PT retired from the role?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby carey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 pm

auto wrote:Whom is the president of churches? I thought PT retired from the role?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Wasn't it Cuz after PT?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 am

carey wrote:
auto wrote:Whom is the president of churches? I thought PT retired from the role?

Wasn't it Cuz after PT?

Cuz did it for one year and stood down - the time commitment, abuse and drama wasn't worth it and was impacting his family/work life.

PT took over again this year because no one else would do it.

Next year will be interesting, Enfield are removing themselves from the executive - that's Secretary, Treasurer, Stats Officer and Committee Member roles that need to be filled..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby moriachi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 am

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:

Wasn't it Cuz after PT?

Cuz did it for one year and stood down - the time commitment, abuse and drama wasn't worth it and was impacting his family/work life.

Next year will be interesting, Enfield are removing themselves from the executive - that's Secretary, Treasurer, Stats Officer and Committee Member roles that need to be filled..

Sounds like any club worth their salt should be getting their affairs in order and looking at the future direction of their club. Carey, Auto and Bedge Consulting (CAB Consulting) have the contacts to help with a smooth and swift transition to Para Districts for a small fee.
moriachi

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby tkr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:04 am

moriachi wrote:
Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:

Wasn't it Cuz after PT?

Sounds like any club worth their salt should be getting their affairs in order and looking at the future direction of their club. Carey, Auto and Bedge Consulting (CAB Consulting) have the contacts to help with a smooth and swift transition to Para Districts for a small fee.

Looks like that is what Enfield are doing!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Congratulations to Enfield United Community Cricket Club, who is a national finalist for the "A Sport For All Community Cricket Awards" under the category "Community Facility Project of the Year" in relation to the new training nets the club successfully completed construction of back on October.

A lot of hard work and effort went in over the past 3 years in raising the money, formulating a plan of attack, consulting with various stakeholders including the Lacrosse Club, PAE council, local residents etc. and then making the dream a reality.

Proud moment for the club, who at the end of 2012/13 were struggling - A grade were wooden spooners in Division 1, B grade wooden spooners in Division 2 and D grade wooden spooners in Divsion 4 - and in only a few short years have managed to turn a lot around, and are in a healthier position than they have ever been.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:59 am

C&CCA holding a delegates meeting 19 June to discuss the future of the association.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 am

Zartan wrote:C&CCA holding a delegates meeting 19 June to discuss the future of the association.

Your gut feel?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby moriachi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:41 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
Zartan wrote:C&CCA holding a delegates meeting 19 June to discuss the future of the association.

Your gut feel?

Will be the last meeting of the association is my guess.
moriachi

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:42 am

Tony Clifton wrote:

Your gut feel?

Very big and round.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:13 am

Tony Clifton wrote:

Your gut feel?

My gut feel is there will be no competition.

Fitzroy/Adel Lutheran have already enquired to ASCA
North East Knights are discussing/exploring the option of joining PDCA
Enfield plan on downsizing team numbers.
Rose Park are discussing/exploring the option of joining TVCA

Who knows where/how Magill-Morialta and Seaton are positioned, as two clubs which have struggled in recent years with numbers/teams.

Add onto that, the position of President, Secretary and Statistical Officer remain vacant, and no one looks interested to stick their hand up, doesn't bode well.

Let's do some hypothetical maths..
22 teams last season
-3 for Fitzroy leaving = 19

Adel Lutheran decide to stay and only enter one team in ASCA
-1 for AL moving one side = 18

Enfield fielded 4x teams last season in this comp. With a club view to likely reduce to 4-5 teams over CCCA & PDCA, would mean likely 2 sides out.
-2 for ENF reducing sides = 16 teams.

Then you have the variables:
* Seaton fielded one side last year - will they have a side this year?
* Magill-Morialta fielded one side last year, a lot of ageing players in their list, and are being kicked out of the High School i've heard - will they have a side?
* Para Vista have two sides but if they fear for the health of the comp they'll jump ship.
* NEK have two sides but as mentioned are discussing/exploring option of moving.
* Rose Park have two sides, but several senior players may not go around again in C&CCA instead retiring - would they have 2x sides?
* Athelstone had two sides in C&CCA and 3x i think it ATCA - they may reduce hard wicket sides?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:23 am

Would be a shame to see it disappear. I just hope that all the clubs survive and find a home.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby carey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Would be a shame to see it disappear. I just hope that all the clubs survive and find a home.

Agreed but unfortunately the writing has been on the walls for a few years now. I blame Enfield downsizing 8)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Informer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:30 am

carey wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Would be a shame to see it disappear. I just hope that all the clubs survive and find a home.

Agreed but unfortunately the writing has been on the walls for a few years now. I blame Enfield downsizing 8)

I blame Rose park for winning all the flags and making blokes run to easier comps to try win one!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am

Spoke with Jake Finch from Seaton last night - he was confident that Seaton CC were finished - he's moving back to North Haven along with a Brad Brame, Shane Brame and Terry Dodd-Cox.

Michael Feist (who literally kept the club alive and operating this year) is heading back to play at Grange.

Lleyton Hedges and Daniel Polanski want to play in a different comp, and have flagged PDCA as their destination of choice.

Brad Stidolph is enjoying parenthood for the first time, and recently engaged - he only played 5x minor round matches which included 3x one dayers, cant see his commitment increasing next year, particularly if all his mates have moved on.

That's majority of their Grand Final side gone - and they only had one team.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:19 am

The_Informer wrote:I blame Rose park for winning all the flags and making blokes run to easier comps to try win one!

I heard a rumour RP want to move to TVCA - wouldn't that class as running to an easier comp to win flags too? :-k :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps