Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Would Dan Cullen be interested? Not sure how it finished with him and Adelaide when he left.

I think Dan would make a great coach, but don't think he has the time with work. He was assistant coach to Hags this year but could only make it out on Thursday nights, but his wisdom and advice to players was second to none and played a major part in our success.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Stunned to learn that SACA have released the top 3 clubs as part of the CA accreditation process for this year and a most improved, West Torrens didn't feature in any of it :shock:

Top 3 clubs in no particular order:
Kensington
Glenelg
Adelaide

Most improved:
Tea Tree Gully

All clubs receive a 'participation' prize of a box of Kookaburra Senator balls to use at training :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:44 pm

heater31 wrote:Stunned to learn that SACA have released the top 3 clubs as part of the CA accreditation process for this year and a most improved, West Torrens didn't feature in any of it :shock:

Kensington
Glenelg
Adelaide

Most improved:
Tea Tree Gully

All clubs receive a 'participation' prize of a box of Kookaburra Senator balls to use at training :lol:

SACA must be sick of West Torrens winning everything!!

When we were going thru all the merger crap with SACA this season, they let slip we were ranked 1 or 2 of all the Grade Clubs in the state by Cricket Australia accreditation, so not sure why we would have dropped??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
heater31 wrote:Stunned to learn that SACA have released the top 3 clubs as part of the CA accreditation process for this year and a most improved, West Torrens didn't feature in any of it :shock:

Kensington
Glenelg
Adelaide

Most improved:
Tea Tree Gully

When we were going thru all the merger crap with SACA this season, they let slip we were ranked 1 or 2 of all the Grade Clubs in the state by Cricket Australia accreditation, so not sure why we would have dropped??

Maybe they were yanking your chain......
heater31

Postby bulldogproud » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Kensington
Glenelg
Adelaide

Most improved:
Tea Tree Gully

Interesting to see that clubs who were vocal in their support of SACA's decision to have West Torrens and Port Adelaide merge finished in the top three!! :shock:
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Aerie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Kensington
Glenelg
Adelaide

Most improved:
Tea Tree Gully

Glenelg finish 2nd again!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby maxi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Adelaide have appointed a very experienced coach. Not sure where he will find the time but Im sure will be whole hearted in his efforts.
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:51 pm

maxi wrote:Adelaide have appointed a very experienced coach. Not sure where he will find the time but Im sure will be whole hearted in his efforts.

Just say the name FFS
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
maxi wrote:Adelaide have appointed a very experienced coach. Not sure where he will find the time but Im sure will be whole hearted in his efforts.

Just say the name FFS

No announcement from the club yet....
heater31

Postby maxi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:52 pm

heater31 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Just say the name FFS

An Adelaide player told me. I presume youre involved at club if so you must be out of the loop. Its a real good appointment is all I can say. Im sworn to secrecy.
maxi
Rookie

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:17 pm

maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Just say the name FFS

An Adelaide player told me. I presume youre involved at club if so you must be out of the loop. Its a real good appointment is all I can say. Im sworn to secrecy.

Irrelevant about being in the loop or not, probably shouldn't be blabbed about to all and sundry until the club has a chance to inform members first....
heater31

Postby maxi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:29 pm

I think he was excited and wanted to tell someone. Dont worry my lips and keyboard are sealed.
maxi
Rookie

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:34 pm

maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Just say the name FFS

Dizzy Gillespie? Surely not!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Dizzy Gillespie? Surely not!

Well he was supposed to coach the club in 2010/11......

Given those on the selection panel now involved with the club at Board/Management level are ex-team mates of Dizzy's ;)
heater31

Postby ferret » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Think a sanction against Kelvin Smith in the finals has cost Eagles dearly in terms of rankings. Is now a negative for two seasons.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby The Hound » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:05 pm

ferret wrote:Think a sanction against Kelvin Smith in the finals has cost Eagles dearly in terms of rankings. Is now a negative for two seasons.

Don't think the skips sanction has any influence on the rankings as the documentation has to be in well before then.
Obviously with WT getting the most improved award they put some some things in place to improve their points score, mind you they had more important things on there plate in 2015/16!

You can read into stats what you like :roll: , with 13 clubs you only need 3 to make 20%. You could then say that 80% of the clubs (10) are no good (which isn't the case at all) as every clubs volunteers are striving to improve.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby The Hound » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:17 pm

BOTR - with a long weekend in a couple of days the punters could be expecting another club to be reviewed:)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:38 pm

ferret wrote:Think a sanction against Kelvin Smith in the finals has cost Eagles dearly in terms of rankings. Is now a negative for two seasons.

What did he get sanctioned for? And how does that affect these rankings?

Or were you joking...? :oops:
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

nope any trip to the tribunal results in a negative mark on the Accreditation score. I would also think they wouldn't have finished the auditing process and would be waiting for the conclusion of the season to calculate the discipline component
heater31

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

Kelvin was given out LBW in both finals, can't remember now which one, but he stood there for ages, way too long. Umpires gave him a reprimand. Looks like that does affect your rankings.
Eagles2014
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps