Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
maxi wrote:Adelaide have appointed a very experienced coach. Not sure where he will find the time but Im sure will be whole hearted in his efforts.

Just say the name FFS

No announcement from the club yet....

An Adelaide player told me. I presume youre involved at club if so you must be out of the loop. Its a real good appointment is all I can say. Im sworn to secrecy.

What about Ben Hook? Was involved at Adelaide in 2015/16 as batting coach getting $5k of the Cricket Association money.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:
No announcement from the club yet....

An Adelaide player told me. I presume youre involved at club if so you must be out of the loop. Its a real good appointment is all I can say. Im sworn to secrecy.

What about Ben Hook? Was involved at Adelaide in 2015/16 as batting coach getting $5k of the Cricket Association money.

Increased work commitments virtually turned that stint into an almost failure. Think Hooky was almost embarrassed to take the cheque....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Wes Agar heading back to Melbourne
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby backoftheroom » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:12 am

The Hound wrote:BOTR - with a long weekend in a couple of days the punters could be expecting another club to be reviewed:)

Here you go.

Team #9 Tea Tree Gully

Finished 5th, 4th, 7th & 4th in senior cricket. Juniors finished 5th & 10th in the 16's and 8th & 5th in the 14's.

Need
Youth. The guys who are there now are the same ones that were there 5 years ago. Granted, they have been relatively successful over that time, especially with white ball cricket, but they need to blood some younger guys soon. Peter Sleep is a good enough coach and would be passionate about almost any job he was given, so they have a good one here. You can tell that a few of the players are moving past it now though, they just don't quite have the same onfield arrogance that used to be there. That said, they still win games of cricket, so it's not panic stations just yet.

Have Spoken/Should Speak To
Not a lot of noise has come out of the Bullring. Generally a promote from within club in the past, with the exception of Hutchinson. They probably don't need to speak to any particular player type either, more just the right aged player. One thing they should be doing is sitting down with young Oakley and reassuring him of his spot at the club moving forward, he'd get plenty more opportunity if he wants to pursue his cricket elsewhere and they probably have him in the B's if their best 11 is available. Don't want him doing a Tyrell Sinclair and skipping out just when he's almost ready.

Key Next Season
Blood some kids. I'm not sure of the level of talent in their lower grades or juniors, but it can't be that bad. They've had a couple guys in and around the junior state squads recently so they could be worth a crack. Quite a strong TTG presence here though so if anyone can help out with some names to watch that would be great. As per usual though I'd expect TTG to roll out the same top 6 performance next season and the season after that until the core group of Evans x2, Davey, Weaver and Sommerfield pull up stumps.

Feedback appreciated, it's been a long time between drinks but I didn't want to disrupt all the interesting conversation.
backoftheroom

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:33 am

Would expect Patrick Page to have a bumper year next season. Could explode like Dalton did last season.

Trouble is that most of their B Grade look like really good B Grade cricketers - not necessarily blokes who will make the jump to the next level in the short term. Might be wrong. Cuconits and J Holliday have played decent A Grade cricket before. Reckon Atkinson could be a decent bowler if he lost 10kgs.

Losing Haberfield and Winter within a half season of each other hurts. Tough to get 10 wickets on Pertaringa.

Have a couple of really good kids in the State U/17 squad but probably several years off impacting at A Grade level.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:04 am

backoftheroom wrote:
The Hound wrote:BOTR - with a long weekend in a couple of days the punters could be expecting another club to be reviewed:)

Here you go.

Team #9 Tea Tree Gully

Finished 5th, 4th, 7th & 4th in senior cricket. Juniors finished 5th & 10th in the 16's and 8th & 5th in the 14's.

Need
Youth. The guys who are there now are the same ones that were there 5 years ago. Granted, they have been relatively successful over that time, especially with white ball cricket, but they need to blood some younger guys soon. Peter Sleep is a good enough coach and would be passionate about almost any job he was given, so they have a good one here. You can tell that a few of the players are moving past it now though, they just don't quite have the same onfield arrogance that used to be there. That said, they still win games of cricket, so it's not panic stations just yet.

Not a lot of noise has come out of the Bullring. Generally a promote from within club in the past, with the exception of Hutchinson. They probably don't need to speak to any particular player type either, more just the right aged player. One thing they should be doing is sitting down with young Oakley and reassuring him of his spot at the club moving forward, he'd get plenty more opportunity if he wants to pursue his cricket elsewhere and they probably have him in the B's if their best 11 is available. Don't want him doing a Tyrell Sinclair and skipping out just when he's almost ready.

Key Next Season
Blood some kids. I'm not sure of the level of talent in their lower grades or juniors, but it can't be that bad. They've had a couple guys in and around the junior state squads recently so they could be worth a crack. Quite a strong TTG presence here though so if anyone can help out with some names to watch that would be great. As per usual though I'd expect TTG to roll out the same top 6 performance next season and the season after that until the core group of Evans x2, Davey, Weaver and Sommerfield pull up stumps.

Feedback appreciated, it's been a long time between drinks but I didn't want to disrupt all the interesting conversation.

Next few kids capable of developing -
Josh Macey - finally got a crack at A grade level with his offies - works very hard on his game
Tim Oakley - in the best 11 next year for sure
Ben Pye - just turned 18 i think and made 700 runs in the 2s over the past 2 seasons opening
Matt Herrmann - is improving each year, played 1 A grade game i think. Bowls tight, swings them around and can handle the bat (stats dont back it up at the moment). Very good fielder also
Dylan Holliday, few technical issues but times them well and made near on 500 in the 2s in his break out year. Still raw, very good fielder also
Ben Atkinson - has already lost 20kegs to get down to the weight he is. I dont think he can lose any more he is just a big lad but is fit and can bowl multiple spells.

Then a gap in ages - but then have Worden, Brazel, Pannell
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:27 am

Footy Smart wrote:Dylan Holliday, few technical issues but times them well and made near on 500 in the 2s in his break out year. Still raw, very good fielder also

How much of a concern is technique if he can smack them around, score consistently and is a jet in the field?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:48 am

Zartan wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Dylan Holliday, few technical issues but times them well and made near on 500 in the 2s in his break out year. Still raw, very good fielder also

How much of a concern is technique if he can smack them around, score consistently and is a jet in the field?

Technique isnt the be all and end all, but does help in the higher grades against the quicker/smarter bowlers. He had a break out year so needs to back it up to be a genuine chance of getting picked. Still a few ahead of him currently
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Hound » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Welcome back from your forum sabbatical FS :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 pm

No real surprise here but Tim Ludeman to Geelong in the Vic Premier Cricket.
heater31

Postby bunji » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Seems SACA are now pushing on regardless using an Independent review body to then
come up with a plan to reduce clubs - clubs need to get on the front foot as I am sure
there will be more pressure on clubs to pool resources to be able to survive.

I still believe the 2 division concept will have to be seriously looked at.
Last edited by bunji on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bunji
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby maxi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:15 pm

bunji wrote:Good to see Adelaide have a new coach, Marty Faull comes with plenty of experience.

Interesting Adelaide shifting juniors to West Beach, Bernhardt obviously can advise his
club of what he is planning to do in pushing to get rid of juniors - they certainly were
never going to be dragged through the mill with some sham of a parochial review process.

I would imagine people may have long memories about his conduct going forward.

Seems SACA are now pushing on regardless using an Independent review body to then
come up with a plan to reduce clubs - clubs need to get on the front foot as I am sure

At least they are prepared to use advice coming from the coalface about doing it, would
have saved them a lot of embarrassment if they could have worked that out in the first
instance.

Gee TTG must be flying if they can have a young kid getting 480 odd and staying in
the 2's.

Nice try but wrong
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:29 pm

maxi wrote:
bunji wrote:Good to see Adelaide have a new coach, Marty Faull comes with plenty of experience.

Interesting Adelaide shifting juniors to West Beach, Bernhardt obviously can advise his
club of what he is planning to do in pushing to get rid of juniors - they certainly were
never going to be dragged through the mill with some sham of a parochial review process.

At least they are prepared to use advice coming from the coalface about doing it, would
have saved them a lot of embarrassment if they could have worked that out in the first
instance.

Gee TTG must be flying if they can have a young kid getting 480 odd and staying in
the 2's.

Nice try but wrong

Which part, coach is Marty Faull or juniors going to West Beach?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby maxi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:

instance.

the 2's.

Nice try but wrong

Faulls not coaching Adelaide. Wouldnt have a clue about juniors. Adelaide Uni run the complex so Adelaide must have done a deal with them. if its true good move I reckon.
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm

backoftheroom wrote:

Here you go.

Team #9 Tea Tree Gully

Need

Key Next Season

Last year when we played TTG near end of season the talk from Gully people was Sleepy was stepping down as Coach. But nothing seems to have been said about this. Obviously he is coaching on again this season. Successful coaches are hard to find, so would be good news for TTG.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 pm

maxi wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
Nice try but wrong

Faulls not coaching Adelaide. Wouldnt have a clue about juniors. Adelaide Uni run the complex so Adelaide must have done a deal with them. if its true good move I reckon.

Can confirm that both Under 16 and 14 Grades each week will be playing on Turf wickets every week for their 'Home' games. Bold move for the Under 14's as not all clubs have Turf wickets.

Will reiterate again still no announcement from the Club regarding the coach so I have nothing further to add.

You also might want to edit your comments regarding the integrity of Shane Bernhardt Bunji as they are complete lies. Due to his involvement at club level and his own club being in a perilous position financially he was completely removed from the decision making process by persons higher up in SACA. Shane was reduced to information gatherer and then once it was made had to convey the SACA's position on the matter.
heater31

Postby bunji » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

I with withdraw my comments re Shane Bernhardt without reservation.
Sincere apologies
bunji
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Aerie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:49 am

heater31 wrote:
maxi wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
Nice try but wrong

Can confirm that both Under 16 and 14 Grades each week will be playing on Turf wickets every week for their 'Home' games. Bold move for the Under 14's as not all clubs have Turf wickets.

Will reiterate again still no announcement from the Club regarding the coach so I have nothing further to add.

You also might want to edit your comments regarding the integrity of Shane Bernhardt Bunji as they are complete lies. Due to his involvement at club level and his own club being in a perilous position financially he was completely removed from the decision making process by persons higher up in SACA. Shane was reduced to information gatherer and then once it was made had to convey the SACA's position on the matter.

Rubbish. He had plenty of say and I can't believe he's still in a job.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby The Hound » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:03 pm

heater31 wrote:
maxi wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
Nice try but wrong

H31 - Comms person on holidays? or waiting for AGM to announce coach.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby wedgetail » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:55 pm

In fantastic news for the Eagles in their 'Triple Crown' defence, keeper/batsman Leigh Drennan has announced he will be playing again at the Eagles in season 2017/18. He has secured teaching employment in Adelaide and has also stated that he couldn't imagine playing for any other club.
It is looking increasingly likely that the squad which only lost one game in all forms of competition last season will be kept together. Adding further batting strength would be the icing on the cake!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps