Completely different players
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby Trader » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 am

Of course you can.
Just cause Lynch plays that higher role at the moment, doesn't mean he can't be a key target when required.

I think lynch is a very handy player that is simply willing to play his role. When the talls are all in, he's happy to go get the ball on the wing and provide a link forward.
Two years ago when Walker got injured, and McGovern wasn't on the scene yet, wasn't it a lynch/Jenkins combo as your only talls?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Robran » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 am

I went to the game on Friday night with one thing in mind and that was to watch Hartigan closely i am a massive critic of his as he seems to get worked over a lot from the forward he has been given the task of standing. i now see why he gets caught out of position a lot which u don't see on the T.V the fact that smith and laird just go to set up from the half back line which means normally if there is a turn over they are at times are out of position. kyle works his ass off to try get up the ground to cover and at times has to sacrifice his game and his man to do this ( as Talia is much deeper and just sticks like glue to his player) his work rate for such a big guy on Friday night was Outstanding. He is a big boy and does very well one on one, so now i can stop abusing him and throwing the control at the T.V Every time his player gets the footy. KUDOS KYLE..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:50 am

Trader wrote:Of course you can.
Just cause Lynch plays that higher role at the moment, doesn't mean he can't be a key target when required.

I think lynch is a very handy player that is simply willing to play his role. When the talls are all in, he's happy to go get the ball on the wing and provide a link forward.
Two years ago when Walker got injured, and McGovern wasn't on the scene yet, wasn't it a lynch/Jenkins combo as your only talls?

Lynch isn't a high marking target. And fingers crossed we are never in a position where we have to utilise him as that

Jenkins (2nd ruck - deep forward), Walker (hit up CHF), McGovern (third tall/flying mark option) can very easily function together. Lynch can play his regular flank/wing link role, Betts, Cameron, plus resting mids can play the smaller roles..

We had a lot of success last year with that structure and I think that's our strongest line up.. We just need to learn to use the hit up option more and lead at the ball when sides like Geelong don't give us the space to run towards goal. A 'plan B' if you will..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:00 pm

disagree about lynch - even though he is 192, he plays the role of a 185cm player. If he played closer to goal he would be minced by the bigger defenders, but he has one of the best tanks in the afl for his role.

Robran wrote:I went to the game on Friday night with one thing in mind and that was to watch Hartigan closely i am a massive critic of his as he seems to get worked over a lot from the forward he has been given the task of standing. i now see why he gets caught out of position a lot which u don't see on the T.V the fact that smith and laird just go to set up from the half back line which means normally if there is a turn over they are at times are out of position. kyle works his ass off to try get up the ground to cover and at times has to sacrifice his game and his man to do this ( as Talia is much deeper and just sticks like glue to his player) his work rate for such a big guy on Friday night was Outstanding. He is a big boy and does very well one on one, so now i can stop abusing him and throwing the control at the T.V Every time his player gets the footy. KUDOS KYLE..

Spot on - he has really stepped up this year imo, and is massively exceeding expectations.

Plays on the deepest forward, whether that is robbie gray or a big hulking forward, and does well.

The defender I am most excited about is Jake Lever. He played an incredible game on the weekend, and is one of the best intercept players in the comp. Wont be all australian this year but wouldnt be surprised if he was in the squad given how he is going.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:12 pm

He is also the only player on our list to have kicked 10 goals in a game & 1 of only 3 current players that I can think of to have done it
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:43 pm

cracka wrote:

He is also the only player on our list to have kicked 10 goals in a game & 1 of only 3 current players that I can think of to have done it

franklin, kennedy

jack riewoldt maybe?

that was insane though. I wonder how many times he has kicked 5+? wouldnt be too many
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Trader » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Yeah Riewoldt kicked 11 against GWS in 2014ish.
Is LeCras still running around? I recon he kicked a 10 as well.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin, Jack Reiwoldt, Tom Lynch...one more, who can name him? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Trader wrote:Yeah Riewoldt kicked 11 against GWS in 2014ish.

Boo! Spoil my question. :twisted:

Le Cras kicked 12 against Essendon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Booney wrote:Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin, Jack Reiwoldt, Tom Lynch...one more, who can name him? :D

I think I heard that he is the only current player to have kicked over 10 and also had a 30+ touches game (not the same game).
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Yup, Lynch has had both a 32 and a 31.
The others bests: LeCras 29, Frankln 28, Kennedy 25, Riewoldt 24
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Booney wrote:
Trader wrote:Yeah Riewoldt kicked 11 against GWS in 2014ish.

Boo! Spoil my question. :twisted:

Le Cras kicked 12 against Essendon.

Ah yes forgot about Riewoldt & vaguely remember Lecras doing it.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Wasn't his 10 against the Gold Coast???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Wasn't his 10 against the Gold Coast???

Lynch? GWS
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:22 pm

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Lynch? GWS

Ahhh I thought it was one of them. Wasn't sure. Cheers
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Lynch? GWS

Ahhh I thought it was one of them. Wasn't sure. Cheers

On Josh Bruce, was probably the last time he played as a defender!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Heard on very good authority last night that Charlie Cameron is off to Brisbane next year. Has been offered a shite load and has been offered a deal too good to refuse and Cows can't get anywhere near to matching it.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Heard on very good authority last night that Charlie Cameron is off to Brisbane next year. Has been offered a shite load and has been offered a deal too good to refuse and Cows can't get anywhere near to matching it.

How is KG?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL