ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Zartan wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:
Zartan wrote:Jarryd Furnell

now that youve said that.. he is a big loss!
will brahma pull a team together?

I just made it up :lol:
He's my guess if anyone is leaving - can't see any of the other "key players" leaving.

HAHAHAHAH! well played.
does anyone have any thoughts on when games start? obviously the long weekend being the first weekend in OCT.. reckon theyll give clubs/grounds an extra week after that or straight into it?
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Trader » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:does anyone have any thoughts on when games start? obviously the long weekend being the first weekend in OCT.. reckon theyll give clubs/grounds an extra week after that or straight into it?

Haven't seen anything yet, but if I were setting it up, I'd do it as follows:

2-day comps will start 7th Oct with a 2-day game.
LO comps to start 14th Oct.
No play all grades 2nd Dec due to Ashes test.
Round 6 of the 2 day comp (Dec 23rd) to be a 1-day fixture - minimise the impact of anyone u/a that close to xmas.
2-day comp to return on Jan 6th.
LO comp to return Jan 13th.
LO comp no play Jan 27th (aust day long weekend).
Last minor round day 10th March.

21 weeks (10 2-dayers, 1x1-dayer), with the LOs having 3 off for 18 games (9 teams twice).
Semi finals 17/18 March.
Grand Finals 24/25 March.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Trader wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:does anyone have any thoughts on when games start? obviously the long weekend being the first weekend in OCT.. reckon theyll give clubs/grounds an extra week after that or straight into it?

Round 6 of the 2 day comp (Dec 23rd) to be a 1-day fixture - minimise the impact of anyone u/a that close to xmas.

21 weeks (10 2-dayers, 1x1-dayer), with the LOs having 3 off for 18 games (9 teams twice).
Semi finals 17/18 March.

yeah agreed! good work trader
Whatsfordinner

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Only one week off for Xmas has only occurred 2 or 3 times from memory in my 28 years of ATCA (for 2 day grades) and it was a nightmare in those years at my club and presumably for many others. The tough decision for ATCA will be whether they have 23/12 and 30/12 off or 30/12 and 6/1.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Given we are having a week off for the test match this season, I'd bank on there only being 1 off for xmas.

If they do have two off, it would require 2 1-day games in the 2-day comp, which certainly isn't ideal.
If they go down that path, I would suggest having the 23rd off, as that leaves 2 weeks between the test and Xmas break, allowing the 2x 1-day games to move to the start of the season where you are more likely to have weather issues.

With all the above said, I pay subs to play cricket. 13 days off over Xmas is more than enough. Lets play.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby threestars » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Trader wrote:

Semi finals 17/18 March.

Good work Trader. Email came out to clubs today and you were pretty much spot on except 16/23 December is a 2-day fixture with 9 December a one dayer!
threestars
Rookie

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I will have to concede to your better judgment Trader. The Test Match break on 2 December does support only having one week off. But I reckon some clubs will have major issues with availability on both 23/12 and 6/1.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 pm

I agree the 23rd Dec and Jan 6th will be hard to find players. That's exactly why I suggested Jan 6th has no play in the LO comp (Which the turf have copied), and why I suggested Dec 23rd only be a 1-day game, so dec 9/16 can play as normal. Instead, the league went with the 1-dayer on Dec 9, meaning those ua on the 23rd will also sit out (or sub or play LOs) the 16th now. Silly move if you ask me. Made perfect sense to have the 1-dayer on the 23rd to minimise the impact!

If you have the 6th off altogether, the 13th will then be hard to fill. The date doesn't really matter imo, it's more just that it's the first week back!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby WellLeft » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:40 am

Trader wrote:I agree the 23rd Dec and Jan 6th will be hard to find players. That's exactly why I suggested Jan 6th has no play in the LO comp (Which the turf have copied), and why I suggested Dec 23rd only be a 1-day game, so dec 9/16 can play as normal. Instead, the league went with the 1-dayer on Dec 9, meaning those ua on the 23rd will also sit out (or sub or play LOs) the 16th now. Silly move if you ask me. Made perfect sense to have the 1-dayer on the 23rd to minimise the impact!

If you have the 6th off altogether, the 13th will then be hard to fill. The date doesn't really matter imo, it's more just that it's the first week back!

I disagree, I think you would find it more likely to have trouble filling a one day game across all grades on the 23rd. By the time the 21st comes along a lot more people will be likely to have made plans as opposed to the 14th where you can lock players in for the second day.
WellLeft
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby tigerpie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:46 am

I see atca are looking at women's teams for this season. They are thinking Friday nights, Sunday Arvo's or Monday arvos, in a t20 format nine a side.
Good idea.
Monday night would suck for curators!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:28 pm

@carey recons Paul Cree is heading back to PDCA, will be a bit of a loss for Pooraka if true.
Wonder if he'd take Hanson, Illuminato, Bailey, Travis and Amundsen with him to give the rest of us a chance.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Trader wrote:@carey recons Paul Cree is heading back to PDCA, will be a bit of a loss for Pooraka if true.
Wonder if he'd take Hanson, Illuminato, Bailey, Travis and Amundsen with him to give the rest of us a chance.

I heard that Pooraka kindly advised Cree it was probably time they parted ways.

The rest I believe are staying.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby carey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Trader wrote:@carey recons Paul Cree is heading back to PDCA, will be a bit of a loss for Pooraka if true.

I play footy with 2 of them so maybe a chance
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:59 pm

carey wrote:

I play footy with 2 of them so maybe a chance

more chance of hell freezing over than any of those names going to hard wicket surely
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:46 am

Zartan wrote:

I believe this has been coming for a while. Pooraka did pretty well without him last year, so no great loss from their perspective
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:53 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Zartan wrote:

I believe this has been coming for a while. Pooraka did pretty well without him last year, so no great loss from their perspective

I will stand corrected - i was informed this morning that it is not true, and Cree will suit up for Pooraka this season.

I will also add that i did not make up the statement, and a reliable source was the one who i heard it from originally.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Zartan wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Zartan wrote:

I will stand corrected - i was informed this morning that it is not true, and Cree will suit up for Pooraka this season.

I will also add that i did not make up the statement, and a reliable source was the one who i heard it from originally.

Are you Andrew Jarman?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby thevoice » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Woodville South looking for a new coach up on ATCA website. What happened with Seekamp?
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:51 pm

thevoice wrote:Woodville South looking for a new coach up on ATCA website. What happened with Seekamp?

He had a pretty average year with the bat last year. Woodville South knocked back the opportunity to play A1 last year because they didn't have enough experience to compete, but when I saw them last year they were old bastards and not many of them looked like they wanted to be out there.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby thevoice » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
thevoice wrote:Woodville South looking for a new coach up on ATCA website. What happened with Seekamp?

He had a pretty average year with the bat last year. Woodville South knocked back the opportunity to play A1 last year because they didn't have enough experience to compete, but when I saw them last year they were old bastards and not many of them looked like they wanted to be out there.

Yeah fair enough...

A few coaches announced for A1/A2 sides of late...

Ingle Farm - Gordon Smith
Port District FCC - Tracy Sandery
Fulham - Tim Hart
Walkerville - Sam Turner

Still a few jobs open:
Modbury?
Unley?
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys