4%
St Peters OC
1%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Postby Pine Warmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Yeah fair call, but i wouldnt think too many blokes would leave a go to another div 1 club. Alot of the current A grade team have been there a while now so couldnt see them losing too many. Also a higher chance of a premiership could lure alot of ex players back to the club.

Ive also heard this about Joe but knowing the bloke he is im pretty sure he would hate to hang up the boots after a relegation season.
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:If the worst did happen and SN were relegated, how hard would it be to keep everyone around?

Don't shoot this messenger because it could be completely false but I have heard whispers that Joey Hay may be hanging up the boots at the end of the season? He's great to watch and one of the genuine nice guys of the league. I hope it's not true...

Trader - Great minds :lol:

Salisbury North have been docked 6 points this year, 4 points in 2016 and 8 points in 2015 and I don't believe any of these penalties were a direct result of an indiscretion from their A grade. It has become an annual event and must be terribly frustrating for their A grade players to be handicapped in this way. They have no chance of playing finals this year and their only motivation is to win enough games to survive. There must come a time when some of their players say enough is enough, I'm going to a club that is not on probation.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby sinister23 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Pine Warmer wrote:Yeah fair call, but i wouldnt think too many blokes would leave a go to another div 1 club. Alot of the current A grade team have been there a while now so couldnt see them losing too many. Also a higher chance of a premiership could lure alot of ex players back to the club.

Ive also heard this about Joe but knowing the bloke he is im pretty sure he would hate to hang up the boots after a relegation season.

My thoughts exactly. SN will assemble a mighty team to stick it up the league and come straight back into D1.
sinister23
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:55 am

Trader wrote:
sinister23 wrote:If SN don't manage to survive relegation, I feel sorry for some of the clubs in Div 2 who would've fancied themselves as contenders for the flag next year. Will be two unlucky years in a row for that competition..

Nah, SN coming down won't change anything. Brighton are winning the 2018 Div 2 flag.
thats quote amusing. If Brighton will get smashed by SN. They have several times in trial matches over the years as well. If that's the best div 2 have. Look out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 am

Footy Chick wrote:If the worst did happen and SN were relegated, how hard would it be to keep everyone around?

Don't shoot this messenger because it could be completely false but I have heard whispers that Joey Hay may be hanging up the boots at the end of the season? He's great to watch and one of the genuine nice guys of the league. I hope it's not true...

Trader - Great minds :lol:
i think you will find it may go the other way. Lot of blokes that left have already said let's win a flag together. All the mates and there's a couple of blokes that said they will sign already.

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 am

Trader wrote:How many of those current SN players will stick around to play Div 2 footy?
On the other hand, Brighton will continue to recruit as they climb the grades.

I asked Morell, he recons they are $1.08 to win it.
every single player will stay and more will sign too play in a flag with their mates.

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:12 am

Pine Warmer wrote:
Trader wrote:
sinister23 wrote:If SN don't manage to survive relegation, I feel sorry for some of the clubs in Div 2 who would've fancied themselves as contenders for the flag next year. Will be two unlucky years in a row for that competition..

Nah, SN coming down won't change anything. Brighton are winning the 2018 Div 2 flag.

Haha, without injury salisbury north are a top 5 div 1 team! The difference between div 1 and 2 is massive let alone div 3 standard. Im also pretty sure the hawks have played brighton in a couple of trials over the last 3 or 4 years and brighton hasnt got within 15 goals.
correct. Brighton got smashed every time against SN. And that's when Brighton were better than they are now.

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am

What happens if the League follows through with plans to require higher grade clubs to have a C Grade as well (to prevent this year's debacle of a C1 comp?)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby CCC Romans » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:45 am

If SN have the stock at bay to win a flag, why haven't they done it already? What's the point of dropping down to D2, to then reassemble a squad to win a flag at a lower level, and then go back up?
CCC Romans
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Hellboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:24 am

the joker wrote:As for James Hay. He didn't call the umpire a cheat. SN were crucified.

A TTG player punched a SN player and James told the umpire

"If that was f***en us you would red carded us"
And the umpire took that as calling a cheat and red carded him.

I'm calling bull$hit on this story
Hellboy
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 am

CCC Romans wrote:If SN have the stock at bay to win a flag, why haven't they done it already? What's the point of dropping down to D2, to then reassemble a squad to win a flag at a lower level, and then go back up?
the gulf between div 1 and five 2 is huge. At least they will get the chance too play in a premiership together

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:41 am

Hellboy wrote:
the joker wrote:As for James Hay. He didn't call the umpire a cheat. SN were crucified.

1547 days between posts, lap top getting serviced?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Hellboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

1547 days between posts, lap top getting serviced?

I went to the Celtics v Hornets game in New Orleans that day which we won by a point

I just got home ..... :drinkers:
Hellboy
Rookie

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 pm

the joker wrote:
CCC Romans wrote:If SN have the stock at bay to win a flag, why haven't they done it already? What's the point of dropping down to D2, to then reassemble a squad to win a flag at a lower level, and then go back up?
the gulf between div 1 and five 2 is huge. At least they will get the chance too play in a premiership together

SPOC went back to back in Div 2 and Div 1 2011/12
PAOC went back to back in Div 2 and Div 1 2015/16

The gulf isn't as big as it used to be!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Hellboy wrote:

I'm hearing similar things.

I understand this isn't James's first indiscretion this season.
Joker, did something happen earlier this year with James?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Trader wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

yeah there was a scuffle in the adelaide Uni game. I'm not sure what happened it that instance though

the joker
Assistant Coach

Postby Hellboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:17 pm

the joker wrote:
Trader wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

yeah there was a scuffle in the adelaide Uni game. I'm not sure what happened it that instance though

"Scuffle" eh?
My mail is he wasn't meant to be even playing for the rest of this year
Know anything about that?
Hellboy
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:24 pm

I can sense this getting nasty.. do we really need to hang out the washing for all to see.

If James is up to no good, it's up to SN to take the recommended action to avoid them losing anymore points this season.

If they choose not to do this, then if the worst happens, I'm sure the league will step in.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Hellboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I can sense this getting nasty.. do we really need to hang out the washing for all to see.

If James is up to no good, it's up to SN to take the recommended action to avoid them losing anymore points this season.

If they choose not to do this, then if the worst happens, I'm sure the league will step in.

You're getting warmer............... B-)
Hellboy
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Salisbury North loses six premiership points after player’s four-game ban for umpire abuse

A NORTHERN suburbs football club has lost premiership points for the second time in two years after a player’s ban for umpire abuse triggered suspended sanctions for past offences.

The Adelaide Football League last week banned Salisbury North player James Hay for four games for using threatening language towards an umpire in a division one reserves home match against Tea Tree Gully on June 3.

League chief executive John Kernahan said the governing body deducted six points — the equivalent of three wins — from Salisbury North’s two senior teams because the club was on notice for poor behaviour.

In 2013, the league imposed strict ​conditions on the club, including suspending the loss of future premiership points, after Salisbury North players earned bans totalling 35 matches that year.

The club was docked eight premiership points in 2015 when Salisbury North player Adam Watson received a 10-match ban for striking and umpire abuse.

“This isn’t a game of rock, paper, scissors to see who wins this argument,” Kernahan said.

“No club should test our resolve to have the league positioned as a leading example of best practice.

“We simply don’t need or want clubs who aren’t equipped to come on the journey to make footy more welcoming for all.

“But we’re certainly willing to assist those very few who are a little slower on the uptake to come with us, whether that be through collaboration or punitive measures

“We continue to propagate an ethos that participation is a key pillar to our charter, but it is not unconditional.”

A Salisbury North player or official has been suspended for an offence against an umpire in each of the past five years.

Salisbury North general manager Brenton Franks said the club would cop the latest punishment “on the chin”.

But he said the club was disappointed it's A grade was being penalised despite the team not having any players reported this year.

“It happened in the B grade but the sanctions are through the A and B grade, which we feel is a bit stiff,” Franks said.

“If we could get the sanctions for each grade, that’d be fantastic.

“Then at least the A grade would know if they get reported, it’s their own fault.”

Salisbury North now sits on the bottom of the ladder on -2 points — two fewer than winless St Peter’s Old Collegians — despite having a 2-6 record.

The clubs face off at Caterer Oval this Saturday.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League