Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:36 pm

So going to our head office in Geelong in thursday and of course its the red eye....

Apparently staying overnight.....but work hasnt booked that in or the return flight ....

My biggest issue....why wasnt this done a few weeks back when the Cats had a home match.....this thursday we play in WA...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12310 times
Been liked: 3918 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Pseudo wrote:Flat-pack furniture.

"Easy assembly" my arse.

Four and a half hours, hands blistered from wrenching allen keys, backtracked twice after bolting bits together backwards, finally managed to erect something which vaguely resembled the illustration on the box.

read the instructions :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Flat-pack furniture.

"Easy assembly" my arse.

Four and a half hours, hands blistered from wrenching allen keys, backtracked twice after bolting bits together backwards, finally managed to erect something which vaguely resembled the illustration on the box.

read the instructions :D

Looks ok to me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 pm

A lady at work getting stroppy with me when I was helping her look at Age Pension stuff.

She's married and owns a house.

First I told her from what I know (the very rough value of her house and cars) that she wouldn't be over the $820k threshold to receive part pension payments. I thought this would be good news, but she got stroppy that I didn't think her house was worth over $800k (it's definitely not).

Then she got stroppy when I was explaining why the government needs to manage who can get the pension in the first place. I tried to show her that the people on the age pension is already nearly twice as many people on allowances like Newstart, Austudy, etc and there needs to be guidelines and exclusions for people who can afford to not receive a full pension.

She's cracked the shits now. Ah well. By the time I hit that age there will either be no pension, or the world will be on fire.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:41 pm

i was chatting with my old man about that the other day.

he was talking about how he will get a part pension etc etc.

I was saying it was good that i wont have to worry about the pension, the way my super is going ill definitely be self funded.

he was like wtf do you wanna do that for, you definitely wanna be able to get the pension.

that makes no sense to me.

i think its a working class mentality that i paid tax so then the government can support me when i get old.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:45 pm

bennymacca wrote:i was chatting with my old man about that the other day.

I was saying it was good that i wont have to worry about the pension, the way my super is going ill definitely be self funded.

he was like wtf do you wanna do that for, you definitely wanna be able to get the pension.

i think its a working class mentality that i paid tax so then the government can support me when i get old.

I read that a couple, living modestly in retirement ( with no mortgage ) can expect to spend around $27,000 per year at the moment.

That same couple in 20 years time will be closer to $40,000 per year, to live "modestly". I'll see if I can find the link.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:i was chatting with my old man about that the other day.

I read that a couple, living modestly in retirement ( with no mortgage ) can expect to spend around $27,000 per year at the moment.

That same couple in 20 years time will be closer to $40,000 per year, to live "modestly". I'll see if I can find the link.

That doesn't sound enough?
That's only $520 per week a couple?
Food, utilities, bills, insurance, council rates all add up pretty quickly.

I would have thought it would be closer to 40k now?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2256 times
Been liked: 2588 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeah I saw the $40k amount as well.
Im just investing into lotto and hope for the best....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12310 times
Been liked: 3918 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Carrying on in the tone of the converstion people that think theyre entitled to a pension as they've paid taxes all their life shits me.
I'm semi retired at 46 from savings and super I put into, never claimed a cent of family payments while my kids grew up and will never claim a cent of age pension or any other form of welfare in my life despte paying taxes all my life.
It shits me that I have to pay taxes to subsidise people who can't plan for their chosen lives.
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2149 times
Been liked: 4089 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 pm

With the settlement of my new house being Friday I've started to look at broadband Internet deals/set up and connection. It's something I'm getting my head around and its first thing I want to get organized given you have to wait for it to be set up/connected.

I used a website called iSelect Sunday arvo to compare deals and that was pretty helpful given I was just browsing.

I got onto to the inet website and made the mistake of putting in my phone number in a servey I did. This morning I had a missed call from an 03 number. Thinking it was important I rang it back and it was a guy from inet. Had a chat with him and he was extremely helpful until he wanted to set up a deal for me then and there. I told him no, I'm not ready for it yet, I'm at work and I'm not even ment to be on the phone at the moment. He got really pushy questioning me on why I just won't set it up over the phone. I've had another four missed calls today from that number, including two tonight while I was at footy training. I bocked the number, **** off you persistent cants.

Feel like a real d!ckhead for writing my number in the servey, didn't really have my wits about me when I did it lol.

Any advice from people on here about internet deals would be greatly appreciated.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10702 times
Been liked: 1560 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

iiNet have deplorable customer service when you actually need them to do something

Internode have great customer service imo
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:Carrying on in the tone of the converstion people that think theyre entitled to a pension as they've paid taxes all their life shits me.
I'm semi retired at 46 from savings and super I put into, never claimed a cent of family payments while my kids grew up and will never claim a cent of age pension or any other form of welfare in my life despte paying taxes all my life.
It shits me that I have to pay taxes to subsidise people who can't plan for their chosen lives.

Don't forget as a public servant you had a ridiculous super scheme all your working life which most people don't have access too. So it's quite often not the fault of those people just a fact of life.

There will still be another 20 years of people who haven't had super all their lives. I for one am happy to contribute some of my tax dollars towards that
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Q. wrote:iiNet have deplorable customer service when you actually need them to do something

they're the same company - my brother tried to sign up with internode - 4.5 months later we still didn't have any connection and it took a call to the ombudsman to actually get through to them to cancel our contract without charge.

Ended up with Uniti - everythings been excellent so far :D
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Q. wrote:iiNet have deplorable customer service when you actually need them to do something

As I understand it, They are the same company now, with the same call centres. Adam and internode are still kept around as brands due to their reputation but they are the same as iiNet now (and all owned by TPG)

in the past I have found that going with a relatively big but independent ISP has served me well.

So that used to be Adam, then I moved to nuskope, and when NBN became available I signed with Aussie broadband. Pretty happy with them so far and quite a bit cheaper
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:43 pm

I agree, Internode customer service is excellent, but I'm surprised to hear iiNet is bad. You know iiNet bought Internode, and was in turn bought by TPG Telecom - I'd have thought the CS was much the same.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1604 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Pseudo wrote:

I agree, Internode customer service is excellent, but I'm surprised to hear iiNet is bad. You know iiNet bought Internode, and was in turn bought by TPG Telecom - I'd have thought the CS was much the same.

Didn't know they were one and the same. Just had a really bad experience with iiNet recently.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am

We've been with Adam (now iinet) for about 7 years and haven't had major problems.

We've been in 5 different houses in that time (we tend to look for better places when our lease runs out) and we've only really had one problem. It did take a couple of weeks to get sorted, but nothing too dramatic.

I haven't really had an issue with their customer service. I usually just use the "call back" service, since internets not life or death, so I'm not gonna sit on the phone for an hour waiting.

We got bumped up twice for free. We went from 250Gb to 500Gb, and when we moved in June last year they bumped us up to Unlimited. For $59.95 a month.

For the same price with NBN, you get capped at the same speeds we already get, and only get 200Gb. We've had NBN before when it wasn't capped, and it didn't really make a difference.

We get 12-15mbps now, and thats fine for streaming on more than one device, online gaming, etc.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 am

i upgraded to HD netflix which is smashing the quota - we used to go through about 200 gig a month, now thats getting close to 500 occasionally
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 am

I don't even look at it now we have unlimited. I also don't have to worry about deleting and redownloading games on the PS4. 60Gbs downloads overnight, and I can do it as many times as I want.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:01 am

Im with Aussie, and get 50/20 speeds and 500 gig for $75 a month.

from what i could see most other companies offered unlimited but had to pay around $90 for it.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion