Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby HH3 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Not trying to take away from this, but how many kids are killed in other countries by our allies and enemies alike?

All of these are tragedies, but we only seem to hear one side of the story.

How many of these morons are being radicalized because their own families are being killed in their homeland?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MW » Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 pm

the chemical attack on the kids in Syria got massive attention
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby HH3 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah the big ones do.

But there are way more not reported to us by our own media.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2016/c ... ters/syria

Between February 2014 and January 2015, Human Rights Watch determined at least 450 major damage sites that showed damage consistent with barrel bomb detonations. One local group estimated that by February 22, 2015 aerial barrel bomb attacks had killed 6,163 civilians in Syria, including 1,892 children
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby stan » Wed May 24, 2017 3:57 pm

HH3 wrote:Yeah the big ones do.

But there are way more not reported to us by our own media.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2016/c ... ters/syria

Between February 2014 and January 2015, Human Rights Watch determined at least 450 major damage sites that showed damage consistent with barrel bomb detonations. One local group estimated that by February 22, 2015 aerial barrel bomb attacks had killed 6,163 civilians in Syria, including 1,892 children

Yep exactly right, so many things are not shown. The mainstream media is shocking at this. There are some good media sights with assets based in the middle east regions which are good for news of whats going on. And there are horrible horrible events unfolding every day.

You wonder if maybe the end of a the Mayans calendar at 2012 was more hoping than anything else.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 pm

MW wrote:the chemical attack on the kids in Syria got massive attention

Yeah you can always trust a white helmet...
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 am

HH3 wrote:Not trying to take away from this, but how many kids are killed in other countries by our allies and enemies alike?

How many of these morons are being radicalized because their own families are being killed in their homeland?

Sometimes I think the Western world is no better than totalitarian regimes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 25, 2017 10:47 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:Not trying to take away from this, but how many kids are killed in other countries by our allies and enemies alike?

I dont think you can go that far, but we certainly like to take the moral high ground on a lot of issues that we have no right to
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:01 am

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I dont think you can go that far, but we certainly like to take the moral high ground on a lot of issues that we have no right to

How many innocent people have died from US activity this year?

I don't know the exact number, but it would be a f**kload more than 20.

They admit there's always going to be collateral damage, and they think that's ok because it's for the greater good. But when the collateral damage is more than the damage done by the bad guys, is it really worth it?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 25, 2017 11:04 am

Trump tells us he's set on delivering peace. By blowing every **** up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 am

bennymacca wrote:

Look at what we get presented via the media, lets go and blow everything up searching for the weapons of mass destruction?

I wonder what they seen on their news coverage?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am

Booney wrote:Trump tells us he's set on delivering peace. By blowing every **** up.

This isn't a Trump problem.

The US dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016....under lovable Obama.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Having to deal with a bloke high on ice today, very freaky!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:28 pm

An incident at Brighton, Victoria where allegedly 2 cops injured and a hostage situation but the offender has been shot dead.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:32 am

After losing an aunty a fortnight ago, a cousin last week and now my nanna this morning, not sure how much strength I have left in me right now.

Worst part is that my Grandfather is in hospital losing his battle with cancer, I thought the phone call was about him.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:After losing an aunty a fortnight ago, a cousin last week and now my nanna this morning, not sure how much strength I have left in me right now.

Worst part is that my Grandfather is in hospital losing his battle with cancer, I thought the phone call was about him.

Geez, that's a lot of bad news in a very short space of time. My sincere condolences, LM.

I'd like to give some advice, but I'm not sure what to say when you get dealt a hand like that. That's a real shit sandwich. Take it easy and surround yourself with those can support you, because you're absolutely entitled to feel emotionally exhausted.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:56 am

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:After losing an aunty a fortnight ago, a cousin last week and now my nanna this morning, not sure how much strength I have left in me right now.

Geez, that's a lot of bad news in a very short space of time. My sincere condolences, LM.

I'd like to give some advice, but I'm not sure what to say when you get dealt a hand like that. That's a real shit sandwich. Take it easy and surround yourself with those can support you, because you're absolutely entitled to feel emotionally exhausted.

Thanks mate, I'm no stranger to this sort of stuff unfortunately, I've gotta get through some work this morning and go support my mum who is very distraught, I'll find time to collect my own thoughts and then deal with the grieving process again.

I have wonderful support.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:58 am

Thoughts are with you mate.

As noted above, words don't mean much in times like these, they don't fix anything, they don't make feelings go away. What they do though is let you know you've got people who are willing to listen.

There's no doubt your significant other and your collective Brady Bunch are all there, right beside you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 am

Booney wrote:

As noted above, words don't mean much in times like these, they don't fix anything, they don't make feelings go away. What they do though is let you know you've got people who are willing to listen.

There's no doubt your significant other and your collective Brady Bunch are all there, right beside you.

Cheers mate, it throws life into perspective and realize the importance of keeping in touch with family, we take way too much for granted in life.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Cheers mate, it throws life into perspective and realize the importance of keeping in touch with family, we take way too much for granted in life.

Yep, didn't realise how much I missed having my brother around while he lived in Mildura for about 8 years. Now he's back we see him and my sister-in-law more often it's certainly brought us closer together.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:36 am

Condolences LM

As others have said, make sure you surround yourself with your loved ones. And have a chat with them. I know I would probably bottle it up, which is probably the worst thing you can do
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion