Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 am

Zartan wrote:He'll Just have to coach B grade for a week :lol:

Yes I believe that is part of the Club Cree. Will have a week in the magoos no doubt.

How's Carey's half assed attempt to do the old ObI-Wan Kenobi half truth. It's not an SAFooty lie if it has the slightest modicum of truth. It is bye round though so it's not like he committed a felony. Just interesting how fast news spreads when a coach doesn't show for a session he has told the players to be at.
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby carey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 am

morell wrote:Hey All, Unfortunately we had a pretty serious incident in our game satdee, one of our favourites is in a bad way in hospital.

If you like, chip in to help:

https://www.gofundme.com/travishyde

The Mitchell Park Football Club is a tight knit community, sadly one of our favourite sons was seriously hurt on the weekend laying his body on the line for our club. He needs your help!

Travis Hyde pushed back into a contest and copped a knee to his side. The knee pushed through his ribcage and punctured his lung requiring a chest drain. Trav has had litres of blood drained from his chest cavity, is in significant amounts of pain and is still in hospital.

Obviously this means Trav will be out of footy action for a while, but more importantly this also means he is unable to work as a labourer. With the clubs insurance only covering 50% of his medical expenses, Trav needs a bit of help to get through.

We're not asking for a lot of money, this isnt about getting a new car or funding an overseas trip, just enough to fend off the banks for a month. Medical costs in the hundreds (thus far) and a newly signed mortgage means we need about ~$2.5k to help Trav to get through this period.

This is a Mitchell Park Football Club initiative, Trav wouldn’t have expected or wanted it, but we're doing it anyway. We also understand players get injured, but considering the extreme nature of Trav's injuries and the impact it will have on his life outside of footy, we thought this was something we could do to help one of our own.

Trav has provided us all with many moments of elation since he’s come to Mitchell Park. Suffice to say the 2015 flag simply would not have occurred without him. He’s now a Vice Captain and a leader within our community.

So get behind him like he has for us. Chip in if you can. Anything helps.

Morell, do you have an update on how the lad is going? Recovery time etc. Will the lad be back playing at all? I sincerely hope he will continue playing.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 am

carey wrote:
morell wrote:Hey All, Unfortunately we had a pretty serious incident in our game satdee, one of our favourites is in a bad way in hospital.

The Mitchell Park Football Club is a tight knit community, sadly one of our favourite sons was seriously hurt on the weekend laying his body on the line for our club. He needs your help!

Travis Hyde pushed back into a contest and copped a knee to his side. The knee pushed through his ribcage and punctured his lung requiring a chest drain. Trav has had litres of blood drained from his chest cavity, is in significant amounts of pain and is still in hospital.

Obviously this means Trav will be out of footy action for a while, but more importantly this also means he is unable to work as a labourer. With the clubs insurance only covering 50% of his medical expenses, Trav needs a bit of help to get through.

We're not asking for a lot of money, this isnt about getting a new car or funding an overseas trip, just enough to fend off the banks for a month. Medical costs in the hundreds (thus far) and a newly signed mortgage means we need about ~$2.5k to help Trav to get through this period.

This is a Mitchell Park Football Club initiative, Trav wouldn’t have expected or wanted it, but we're doing it anyway. We also understand players get injured, but considering the extreme nature of Trav's injuries and the impact it will have on his life outside of footy, we thought this was something we could do to help one of our own.

Trav has provided us all with many moments of elation since he’s come to Mitchell Park. Suffice to say the 2015 flag simply would not have occurred without him. He’s now a Vice Captain and a leader within our community.

Morell, do you have an update on how the lad is going? Recovery time etc. Will the lad be back playing at all? I sincerely hope he will continue playing.

Carey, Trav is still pretty sore and is on the mend mate. Our main focus atm is to see him back working, which will still be a bit away, Doubt we will see him back playing footy though.

A massive thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause. Trav is quite humbled by the support from the broader footy community. Thanks to all
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby carey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

Hopefully his back working soon mate glad to hear he is on the mend.
carey
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 am

Morell, have you contacted the League to see what the lad might be entitled to under the insurance?? If not I suggest make a phone call as you might find some of these expenses will be covered
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 am

Executive Member wrote:

Morell, have you contacted the League to see what the lad might be entitled to under the insurance?? If not I suggest make a phone call as you might find some of these expenses will be covered

All over that......Had a chat with JK last week
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:51 am

He's still bed ridden I think - I am popping over tonight to drop some stuff off so will update. And agreed HBF, footy wouldn't in his (or our) thoughts atm. If he plays again, great, but it would likely be next year I would say.

Crippling blow for the footy club as he is just about our best player but as everyone has said, not about the MPFC at the moment.

and yeah insurance people have been contacted - our policy covers 50% of out of pocket medical costs - which is great, but doesn't help a guy who is a casually employed labourer pay his power bill or mortgage.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

All over that......Had a chat with JK last week

excellent, hopefully The League has been able to offer something to help ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby old farmer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:35 pm

morell wrote:He's still bed ridden I think - I am popping over tonight to drop some stuff off so will update. And agreed HBF, footy wouldn't in his (or our) thoughts atm. If he plays again, great, but it would likely be next year I would say.

Crippling blow for the footy club as he is just about our best player but as everyone has said, not about the MPFC at the moment.

and yeah insurance people have been contacted - our policy covers 50% of out of pocket medical costs - which is great, but doesn't help a guy who is a casually employed labourer pay his power bill or mortgage.

As a self employed tradesman, i can highly recommend income protection.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby morell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:50 pm

I do agree and I think its taking a while for these guys to get their heads around that concept. But if you play footy, the premiums are pretty high. Don't get me started on the insurance business model. Absolute rort.

This issue is probably the single biggest concern for Mitchell Park attracting and retaining footballers. We would have had dozens over the last couple of years that have said they just can't risk it because of fear of injury and not being able to work.

The club/s that can best mitigate it will be in a very competitive position.
Last edited by morell on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:55 pm

morell wrote:I do agree and I think its taking a while for these guys to get their heads around that concept to be honest. But if you play footy, the premiums are pretty high. Don't get me started on the insurance business model. Absolute rort.

In all honesty this issue is probably the single biggest concern for Mitchell Park attracting and retaining footballers. We would have had dozens over the last couple of years that have said they just can't risk it because of fear of injury and not being able to work.

The club/s that can best mitigate it will be in a very competitive position.

are you saying that you are not always honest :shock:
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby morell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Hahhah fair criticism, I actually hate that saying for that reason.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:02 pm

morell wrote:I do agree and I think its taking a while for these guys to get their heads around that concept. But if you play footy, the premiums are pretty high. Don't get me started on the insurance business model. Absolute rort.

If the insurance game is such a rort, why doesn't Mitchell Park self insure?
Take everyone's premiums in and fund the club off the profits.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Because you need a very solid foundation of capital and/or an army of underwriters. Which we do not have. We've got about twenty bucks in the bank.

but it is something I have thought about as a carrot to attract players.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 pm

So you want insurers to put their capital on the line, and do it for no profit?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby morell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Not at all, they can do what they like, I just won't be buying it.

It is simply a truism that insurance would not exist as a business if it provided actual value for money. Whoever thought of it is a genius, its a great concept, but in reality they're selling a promise.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:46 pm

morell wrote:We've got about twenty bucks in the bank.

I always knew Knowsly doesn't come cheap! ;)
carey
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

No, he doesn't, fortunately we managed to pay him with 10% off Papa Mia's Pizza Vouchers and a Rogaine subscription.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:06 pm

morell wrote:No, he doesn't, fortunately we managed to pay him with 10% off Papa Mia's Pizza Vouchers and a Rogaine subscription.

Lol :lol:

Looks like the Papa Mia's is working but the Rogaine I'm not so sure about! ;)
carey
Coach

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 am

carey wrote:
morell wrote:No, he doesn't, fortunately we managed to pay him with 10% off Papa Mia's Pizza Vouchers and a Rogaine subscription.

Lol :lol:

Looks like the Papa Mia's is working but the Rogaine I'm not so sure about! ;)

I've found what you've lost mate ;)
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League