Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 am

bennymacca wrote:Condolences LM

As others have said, make sure you surround yourself with your loved ones. And have a chat with them. I know I would probably bottle it up, which is probably the worst thing you can do

Thanks bmac, my missus is my best friend and an excellent communicator, if I look glum or seem down she'll just show me her boobs or do something to make me laugh and open up a bit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

As others have said, make sure you surround yourself with your loved ones. And have a chat with them. I know I would probably bottle it up, which is probably the worst thing you can do

Thanks bmac, my missus is my best friend and an excellent communicator, if I look glum or seem down she'll just show me her boobs or do something to make me laugh and open up a bit.

I'm a bit glum to be honest. ;)

( Hopefully that put a little smile on the dial )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am

Sorry to hear LM, thoughts with ya mate!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm a bit glum to be honest. ;)

( Hopefully that put a little smile on the dial )

This is a little poem that my bestie from high school used to recite anytime we looked a bit down

Don't be sad
Don't be glum
We too have pimples on our bum :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 am

Thank you all, it was a pretty sad day and there's plenty to worry about from here on.

They've been on a downhill spiral since they lost their home in the Pinery fires and insurance wouldn't cover it, trying to rebuild your lives in your late 70's was probably too much for them, throw in a 57 year old retarded son to have to have to supply 24/7 care for and life gets a bit too much.

Reflecting on things last night makes my personal problems I've endured seem selfish.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 am

F&$k, good luck mate and to your family. You are all entitled to a change in fortunes
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 am

Brodlach wrote:F&$k, good luck mate and to your family. You are all entitled to a change in fortunes

Cheers Brodlach, as long as we have a roof over our heads we will always have a happy positive home, we make the most of what we have and are grateful.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:08 pm

After just under a year of pretty difficult times, on Wednesday night I finally made the call to part ways with my wife of 5 years and partner for 10.

Heartbroken is an understatement, but it could have escalated into a very toxic relationship had it been persevered with. Not needed when you have a near 3 year old to factor in moving forward.

I have some mental health and trust issues that need addressing for me to be able to move forward, and I begin that next week.

It is going to be a long road ahead, with things likely to get worse before they get better.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:39 pm

valleys07 wrote:After just under a year of pretty difficult times, on Wednesday night I finally made the call to part ways with my wife of 5 years and partner for 10.

Heartbroken is an understatement, but it could have escalated into a very toxic relationship had it been persevered with. Not needed when you have a near 3 year old to factor in moving forward.

I have some mental health and trust issues that need addressing for me to be able to move forward, and I begin that next week.

It is going to be a long road ahead, with things likely to get worse before they get better.

Wow mate, at the end of the day you know yourself better than anyone.

I had to do the same thing and it bloody near killed me, had my old man pass away not long after aswell so it was a tough lonely road.

Lie is too short to be stuck in a toxic relationship and to be going through the motions, find yourself first and then do what you have to do to pick the pieces up and be the person you want to be.

Although we've only met the once I'm more than happy for the odd pm when you're feeling shit, I might be a bit of a dickhead but I help a lot friends out through tough times.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:49 pm

valleys07 wrote:After just under a year of pretty difficult times, on Wednesday night I finally made the call to part ways with my wife of 5 years and partner for 10.

I admire your courage in being able to share these things on the forum. I wish you all the best and hope things turn out well mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:51 pm

It's a very brave thing to do to make such a significant decision. Whilst you're probably feeling shithouse about it, you should also take some pride in having the guts to grasp the nettle and take action to improve your lot in life (maybe not right now, but in time). Many people are indecisive or apathetic about making life changing decisions, and everyone suffers as a consequence. You're different, and I think you've demonstrated an admirable quality in doing so.

Good luck with whatever it is you're starting next week.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:

I admire your courage in being able to share these things on the forum. I wish you all the best and hope things turn out well mate.

Thanks, Wedgie.

With people continuing to raise awareness for mental health, and Men's mental health in particular, one thing I won't allow myself to do is sit in silence and let my anxiety grapple me. I will talk to anyone who is happy to lend an ear and is in a position to offer any encouragement as it makes things easier to accept, and above all, gives me hope that things will get better.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Wow mate, at the end of the day you know yourself better than anyone.

I had to do the same thing and it bloody near killed me, had my old man pass away not long after aswell so it was a tough lonely road.

Lie is too short to be stuck in a toxic relationship and to be going through the motions, find yourself first and then do what you have to do to pick the pieces up and be the person you want to be.

Although we've only met the once I'm more than happy for the odd pm when you're feeling shit, I might be a bit of a dickhead but I help a lot friends out through tough times.

Thanks LM, and I appreciate you reaching out to me just to chat.

Right now things appear very cloudy because I am still going through the infancy of 5 stages of grieving, but once I begin to talk to professionals, begin to piece my life back together and move forward, I will hopefully be able to find myself again and return to the happy and confident person that I once was.

valleys07
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Magellan wrote:

It's a very brave thing to do to make such a significant decision. Whilst you're probably feeling shithouse about it, you should also take some pride in having the guts to grasp the nettle and take action to improve your lot in life (maybe not right now, but in time). Many people are indecisive or apathetic about making life changing decisions, and everyone suffers as a consequence. You're different, and I think you've demonstrated an admirable quality in doing so.

Good luck with whatever it is you're starting next week.

Thanks for the kind words, Mallegan. I appreciate it.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Anytime. Anytime at all. You've got my number.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:30 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Thanks LM, and I appreciate you reaching out to me just to chat.

Right now things appear very cloudy because I am still going through the infancy of 5 stages of grieving, but once I begin to talk to professionals, begin to piece my life back together and move forward, I will hopefully be able to find myself again and return to the happy and confident person that I once was.

No worries champ, do it bit by bit.

The bottom line says it all, the confidence and self-esteem cop a massive hit, there was no way I was ever going to ask another chick out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Already been mentioned, but I would go talk to a professional if i were you. Not sure if you tried that with the marriage, but sounds like its too late anyway. But you owe it to yourself and your daughter to go have a chat with someone.

I too think its great that mental health is not such a taboo subject anymore - good on you for speaking up, im sure it will help others who read this to do the same
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Went through the same thing about 18 months ago (4 yr marriage, 10 yrs together)... Sleeping in an empty townhouse on a single mattress, I was in a very dark place for a little while.

I'm happy to chat anytime, I can tell you my story or you can tell me yours.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Q. wrote:

Went through the same thing about 18 months ago (4 yr marriage, 10 yrs together)... Sleeping in an empty townhouse on a single mattress, I was in a very dark place for a little while.

I'm happy to chat anytime, I can tell you my story or you can tell me yours.

Thank you, Q. I will be in touch.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Must admit I was elated when my missus of 22 years called it off although I was planning on doing similar when the kids were a bit older. Just make the most of it, my best years have been the last 5. Went through a few "quick" relationships were fun but have now found the love of my life and we've been happily living together for 18 months. Still can't believe my perfect match was a Pom born on the other side of the world but life can be very funny!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion