4%
St Peters OC
1%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I can sense this getting nasty.. do we really need to hang out the washing for all to see..

Yes.. :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Hellboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:48 pm

It's not getting nasty at all
I'm just calling out the covfefe fake news
Hellboy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:Salisbury North loses six premiership points after player’s four-game ban for umpire abuse

A NORTHERN suburbs football club has lost premiership points for the second time in two years after a player’s ban for umpire abuse triggered suspended sanctions for past offences.

The Adelaide Football League last week banned Salisbury North player James Hay for four games for using threatening language towards an umpire in a division one reserves home match against Tea Tree Gully on June 3.

League chief executive John Kernahan said the governing body deducted six points — the equivalent of three wins — from Salisbury North’s two senior teams because the club was on notice for poor behaviour.

In 2013, the league imposed strict ​conditions on the club, including suspending the loss of future premiership points, after Salisbury North players earned bans totalling 35 matches that year.

The club was docked eight premiership points in 2015 when Salisbury North player Adam Watson received a 10-match ban for striking and umpire abuse.

“This isn’t a game of rock, paper, scissors to see who wins this argument,” Kernahan said.

“No club should test our resolve to have the league positioned as a leading example of best practice.

“We simply don’t need or want clubs who aren’t equipped to come on the journey to make footy more welcoming for all.

“But we’re certainly willing to assist those very few who are a little slower on the uptake to come with us, whether that be through collaboration or punitive measures

“We continue to propagate an ethos that participation is a key pillar to our charter, but it is not unconditional.”

A Salisbury North player or official has been suspended for an offence against an umpire in each of the past five years.

Salisbury North general manager Brenton Franks said the club would cop the latest punishment “on the chin”.

But he said the club was disappointed it's A grade was being penalised despite the team not having any players reported this year.

“It happened in the B grade but the sanctions are through the A and B grade, which we feel is a bit stiff,” Franks said.

“If we could get the sanctions for each grade, that’d be fantastic.

“Then at least the A grade would know if they get reported, it’s their own fault.”

Salisbury North now sits on the bottom of the ladder on -2 points — two fewer than winless St Peter’s Old Collegians — despite having a 2-6 record.

The clubs face off at Caterer Oval this Saturday.

Salisbury North's failure to appreciate the entire purpose behind the Amended Affiliation Agreements would have to be concerning to the Executive.

The whole point is to force collective responsibility.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Is this Hay related to our more controversial Hay?

Am I correct in thinking he had a documented issue against Adelaide Uni as well?

To be fair, categorically did this Hay not get very lucky for SN to not get significantly harsher penalties earlier in the year?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Hellboy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:39 am

jo172 wrote:Is this Hay related to our more controversial Hay?

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:James Hay wouldn't be too popular out there at the moment..

Any relation to Callum? Oh delicious.. :lol:

I believe its his brother? Could be wrong though

Am I correct in thinking he had a documented issue against Adelaide Uni as well?
No, I believe it was an internal suspension to avoid the League. And he wasn't supposed to be playing on that Saturday. I'm not sure what the Uni "scuffle" was all about, but there was talk at the TTG game that he wasn't supposed to be playing at all

To be fair, categorically did this Hay not get very lucky for SN to not get significantly harsher penalties earlier in the year?
the joker wrote: As for James Hay. He didn't call the umpire a cheat. SN were crucified.

Apparently not according the the SN media managers. They were crucified

Hellboy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am

^
208 posts and still can't quote properly. Rookie indeed!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby laser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Hellboy wrote:It's not getting nasty at all
I'm just calling out the covfefe fake news

When needs must. It could be the joker is digging in and trying to get the best from a pretty tough situation.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Trader » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Hellboy wrote:My mail is he wasn't meant to be even playing for the rest of this year

Have a look on Sporting Pulse, it appears the club gave him a 2 game internal suspension, as he missed rounds 5 and 6.
(Internal suspension = keep premiership points)

the joker wrote:yeah there was a scuffle in the adelaide Uni game. I'm not sure what happened it that instance though

Cheers Joker, checked with a few of the uni boys and they didn't say much, but were happy to show me their latest photoshop skills.

Amazing what they can do with a computer these days. It almost looks like #3 has landed a left right on the Uni player's chin.
I like the effort they've put in to photoshop the back of his jumper up to make the punch look more forceful. The detail of the lower back tat really adds to the masterpiece.

Salisbury North general manager Brenton Franks wrote:The club will cop the latest punishment “on the chin”.

Rather apt!

the joker wrote:A TTG player punched a SN player and James told the umpire "If that was f***en us you would red carded us"

It now makes sense why James would know exactly what would happen if you punch an opposition player.

the joker wrote:SN were crucified.

Indeed!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby beef » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Should be suspended just for the tramp stamp.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Yet another case of SN doth protest too much, methinks
Last edited by jo172 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Trader wrote:
Hellboy wrote:My mail is he wasn't meant to be even playing for the rest of this year

Have a look on Sporting Pulse, it appears the club gave him a 2 game internal suspension, as he missed rounds 5 and 6.

the joker wrote:yeah there was a scuffle in the adelaide Uni game. I'm not sure what happened it that instance though

Cheers Joker, checked with a few of the uni boys and they didn't say much, but were happy to show me their latest photoshop skills.

Amazing what they can do with a computer these days. It almost looks like #3 has landed a left right on the Uni player's chin.
I like the effort they've put in to photoshop the back of his jumper up to make the punch look more forceful. The detail of the lower back tat really adds to the masterpiece.

Salisbury North general manager Brenton Franks wrote:The club will cop the latest punishment “on the chin”.

Rather apt!

the joker wrote:A TTG player punched a SN player and James told the umpire "If that was f***en us you would red carded us"

It now makes sense why James would know exactly what would happen if you punch an opposition player.

Indeed!

@carey lad?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:54 pm

My goodness, all I see is this:

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm

I reckon the Uni bloke deserved one on the chin for having a shit hair cut.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:My goodness, all I see is this:

Oversensitive in my view.

Their comments showing they clearly don't understand the AAA system (and the whole point of it) are concerning enough that they should be underlined where possible.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby The Informer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Rather apt!

Indeed!

@carey lad?

Yep that is Jake in the background, much better player than his dad
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:51 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:My goodness, all I see is this:

Oversensitive in my view.

Their comments showing they clearly don't understand the AAA system (and the whole point of it) are concerning enough that they should be underlined where possible.

Not oversensitive, SA footy isn't a kangaroo court. You guys have more than underlined it, you've put it in lights with big fancy spotlights around it

No they don't appear to understand the AAA system, it's for the club and the league to ensure that it is understood, not all you wannabe lawyers (and real ones, where applicable :lol: )
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Trader » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:12 pm

I don't really care about the AAA all that much. Sure, my preference is for them to sort it all out so it doesn't apply, but whatever really.
For mine, it's this victim mentality that we constantly see from them that annoys me.

James "you treat us differently to them"
Joker "We were crucified"
Brenton "Its not fair our A's are punished"

Getting The Advertiser & Today Tonight to run stories on how hard done by they are is simply annoying.

A Salisbury North player or official has been suspended for an offence against an umpire in each of the past five years.

The fact the above has occurred, yet this club is still playing, is not the outcome I would expect if they were being treated unfairly.
They have been given every opportunity to improve, yet continually refuse to, then whinge and whine when they cop another slap on the wrist.

The club knew they were on the AAA, they knew James belted a bloke behind the play in round 4, they got away with it, then elected to put him back on the park, and two weeks later when he played up again, they claim they were "crucified".

It's no surprise to me that "the mob" are sick of it.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby carey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:40 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Rather apt!

Indeed!

@carey lad?

Yep that is Jake in the background, much better player than his dad

I'll find out when I meet him!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:59 pm

TTG 21.12 d Port Districts 16.9. Pretty good effort by Port. They were 10 goals down early in the 3rd qtr, but got it back to 14 points early in the last before Gullies steadied. Good game of footy.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 pm

the joker wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
the joker wrote:Salisbury North still have two games against St Peters so that's 2 wins. I still think they will go close to staying in div 1. They will move back to second bottom this week. And the way they played against TTG they will pose a threat for all sides in the second half of the year.

But even if they get relegated. They are the side that's spent the longest time without relegation. By a fair way as well.

As for James Hay. He didn't call the umpire a cheat. SN were crucified.

A TTG player punched a SN player and James told the umpire

"If that was f***en us you would red carded us"
And the umpire took that as calling a cheat and red carded him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the team shows a little more respect towards SPOC that you do. Salisbury North are entitled to be favourites, but SPOC have been knocking on the door for a win and are more than capable of causing an upset.
of coarse they would. It's my person opinion that SN will smoke them
Twice. Unless a lot of players ask for a clearance before June 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke them hey?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League