I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Booney wrote:You'll have to take my word for it. She would talk the blood out of my gentleman's sausage.

Who said anything about her doing any talking? :shock: ;)

She would. In fact I doubt she'd shut up. That's why she's not invited.

too many teeth for a port adelaide boy

I've never known a real Port supporter yet to knock one back.......
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Places that do keg hires in Adelaide..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Zartan wrote:Places that do keg hires in Adelaide..

Reckon the Morphett Arms do, Morphett Rd Glengowrie.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Beer in a bin
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

The Ash Man wrote:

Beer in a bin

Cheers - that's about the only place i seem to be able to find at the moment (that is reasonable price too).
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Try U Brew It at Kilburn.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Zartan wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Beer in a bin

Cheers - that's about the only place i seem to be able to find at the moment (that is reasonable price too).

Ask around the club, usually at least one bloke has a miracle box and buy the keg through the club
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

With everything happening in his life how @lightning McQueen found time to star in a new movie, Cars 3?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Brodlach wrote:With everything happening in his life how @lightning McQueen found time to star in a new movie, Cars 3?

Well I sort of had to, Mater had fallen from grace with a coolant addiction and needed to get his life back in order, I thought there was no better way than to bring out another action packed movie.

You know how it is, the show must go on.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Always thinking of others that's the sort of bloke..errrrr car you are
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:With everything happening in his life how @lightning McQueen found time to star in a new movie, Cars 3?

Well I sort of had to, Mater had fallen from grace with a coolant addiction and needed to get his life back in order, I thought there was no better way than to bring out another action packed movie.

You know how it is, the show must go on.

Last we heard from 'Mater he was drinking Tigers blood and claiming to be "winning"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 am

NBN Internet speeds, Is the Standard 12Mbps good enough or is the Boost 25Mbps alot better?

I've done some shopping around and I'm probably go with TPG and they have the Standard and Boost options. I'm thinking the standard will be fine for what I need but I'm interested to know more about the difference in the speeds.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am

The Dark Knight wrote:NBN Internet speeds, Is the Standard 12Mbps good enough or is the Boost 25Mbps alot better?

I've done some shopping around and I'm probably go with TPG and they have the Standard and Boost options. I'm thinking the standard will be fine for what I need but I'm interested to know more about the difference in the speeds.

I have gone for 50/20 and i find it MUCH better.

in terms of the difference between 12 and 25, a couple of things to consider

Do you use netflix?

for a single HD stream they recommend 5 Mbps. You will struggle to maintain that consistently with a 12Mbps connection. SD requires 3 Mbps which should be fine.

If you want to do something else with your connection - i.e browse or play games whilst someone else is watching netflix then i think you will also be happier with the 25.

Lastly the upload speeds are different too - 1 vs 5 Mbps. If you use cloud services to back up photos etc then you will find it MUCH better.

This is part of the reason i went 50/20 over 25/5. I upload a fair amount and that upload speed was worth paying for.

All in all it depends on how you use your connection. If you only browse the internet and dont do much else, then the 12 will be fine. If you want to consume any sort of media regularly (i.e netflix) then you will likely want to go the 25.

Not sure the company you are going with, but most of them offer free speed upgrades - so what you could do is start off with the 12, see if it meets your needs, and if not upgrade.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 am

bennymacca wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:NBN Internet speeds, Is the Standard 12Mbps good enough or is the Boost 25Mbps alot better?

I have gone for 50/20 and i find it MUCH better.

in terms of the difference between 12 and 25, a couple of things to consider

Do you use netflix?

for a single HD stream they recommend 5 Mbps. You will struggle to maintain that consistently with a 12Mbps connection. SD requires 3 Mbps which should be fine.

If you want to do something else with your connection - i.e browse or play games whilst someone else is watching netflix then i think you will also be happier with the 25.

Lastly the upload speeds are different too - 1 vs 5 Mbps. If you use cloud services to back up photos etc then you will find it MUCH better.

This is part of the reason i went 50/20 over 25/5. I upload a fair amount and that upload speed was worth paying for.

All in all it depends on how you use your connection. If you only browse the internet and dont do much else, then the 12 will be fine. If you want to consume any sort of media regularly (i.e netflix) then you will likely want to go the 25.

Not sure the company you are going with, but most of them offer free speed upgrades - so what you could do is start off with the 12, see if it meets your needs, and if not upgrade.

Ok, thanks for this info Benny. Yes I use Netflix and I want to be able to have me and my girlfriend being able to watch Netflix on two different devices (PS4/PS3/Phone/Laptop) at the same time with no issues. Or be on the Playstation while the other is using Netflix, using a laptop or watching Foxtel Go on a phone or tablet.

I guess the 25 would therefore be more appropriate for me?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am

I would think so yeah

Even the 12Mb should "feel" faster when doing general browsing, because the ping times should be shorter. But yeah for sustained bandwidth requirements like netflix you will notice the difference between 12 and 25.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am

bennymacca wrote:I would think so yeah

Even the 12Mb should "feel" faster when doing general browsing, because the ping times should be shorter. But yeah for sustained bandwidth requirements like netflix you will notice the difference between 12 and 25.

Ok cheers mate. :)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby tipper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I would think so yeah

Ok cheers mate. :)

it can depend a little on what "type" of NBN connection you have too. some of the technologies are more prone to congestion than others in peak times. we have fibre to the home (which is no longer being rolled out) and our speed it pretty well stable no matter what time of the day or night, so the 12 might be ok. however, most places now are getting fibre to the node, which can be slightly less reliable in the speed stability, and also might not get as close to the "plan speed" that you pay for, depending on how far from the node you are (the last stretch is copper, which limits it somewhat)

as benny said, see if your chosen provider will let you upgrade later, if you try the lower speed and decide its not quite what you want.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:33 am

yep, good point tipper

I have a 50/20 fibre to the node connection and during peak times it slows to more like 20/20. Which is still fine for me, but if you were on a 12/1 connection it may slow to unacceptable speeds
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am

bennymacca wrote:Do you use netflix?

We have crappy ADSL at home which never reaches speeds of 5Mbps (just ran a test and it's 3.55, which is one of the better result's in the last 12 months lol), but we generally don't have any problem running Netflix (although we do have to kick the kids off Youtube if they're still up).

Would I be right in assuming the speeds we're getting (3.55/0.87) would definitely be better once on the NBN (which should be close to completion in our area)?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Do you use netflix?

We have crappy ADSL at home which never reaches speeds of 5Mbps (just ran a test and it's 3.55, which is one of the better result's in the last 12 months lol), but we generally don't have any problem running Netflix (although we do have to kick the kids off Youtube if they're still up).

Would I be right in assuming the speeds we're getting (3.55/0.87) would definitely be better once on the NBN (which should be close to completion in our area)?

Yep even the lowest NBN connection would be much better. Though it will be more expensive
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion