AFL round 13

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL round 13

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:31k in perfect weather. Was the quietest whilst I've been working at footy games there.

No doubt the excuses about time slot will get rolled out. Pathetic crowd.

Whats with the obsession of whinging about / bagging clubs / bagging supporters when crowd numbers are perceived to be lower than expected or below average?
Honestly, Who gives a F**K ?
It is what it is
People have the right to go or not to go as they wish.
31 - 32 K surely wasn't a surprise to anyone considering the time slot and playing the bottom team.
I personally know quite a number of members that usually go but were all involved in their local footy which surprise surprise clashed with the AFL game.
You expect them to desert their local footy to go?
Being live on telly week in week out also is an easy attractive option for people to save some $$$ and stay home and save their money for a marquee match.
Most of the Victorian clubs are pulling a lot shitter crowds but who cares?
Why is it a big deal to people?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 pm

It's a big deal to me as it determines how many staff we put on!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:53 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:31k in perfect weather. Was the quietest whilst I've been working at footy games there.

No doubt the excuses about time slot will get rolled out. Pathetic crowd.

Whats with the obsession of whinging about / bagging clubs / bagging supporters when crowd numbers are perceived to be lower than expected or below average?
Honestly, Who gives a F**K ?
It is what it is
People have the right to go or not to go as they wish.
31 - 32 K surely wasn't a surprise to anyone considering the time slot and playing the bottom team.
I personally know quite a number of members that usually go but were all involved in their local footy which surprise surprise clashed with the AFL game.
You expect them to desert their local footy to go?
Being live on telly week in week out also is an easy attractive option for people to save some $$$ and stay home and save their money for a marquee match.
Most of the Victorian clubs are pulling a lot shitter crowds but who cares?
Why is it a big deal to people?

#bringbackthetarps
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby MW » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Ask the club if it's a big deal...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Barlow. Yuck. Poor bastard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Booney wrote:Barlow. Yuck. Poor bastard.

Yep. Career ending you'd think. Shocking luck.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm

I hope the Blues hold on
But that was horrid
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Blues have blacked out the suns
Big win for them
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:11 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Barlow. Yuck. Poor bastard.

Yep. Career ending you'd think. Shocking luck.

Yep, rotten luck for him. Awful and not fair if his career ends in that fashion, I've always liked the way he goes about it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 am

Barlow's podcast is really good. Interviews players etc. will make interesting listening
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 am

Suns offer nothing to the comp, irrelevant pissant of a club. No crowds, all the draft picks and concessions in the world and half of them jog around like they couldn't give a toss. They will forever be sucking on the AFL's teet and will never be able to stand on their own feet. Pack them up and ship them to Tassie before it's too late
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:46 am

Jim05 wrote:Suns offer nothing to the comp, irrelevant pissant of a club. No crowds, all the draft picks and concessions in the world and half of them jog around like they couldn't give a toss. They will forever be sucking on the AFL's teet and will never be able to stand on their own feet. Pack them up and ship them to Tassie before it's too late

Beat my mob last week...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby stan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:24 am

Jim05 wrote:Suns offer nothing to the comp, irrelevant pissant of a club. No crowds, all the draft picks and concessions in the world and half of them jog around like they couldn't give a toss. They will forever be sucking on the AFL's teet and will never be able to stand on their own feet. Pack them up and ship them to Tassie before it's too late

They just havent been able to turn the leg up from the AFL into the rolling juggernaut the GWS have been able to create.

The GWS took the early pain to establish a young side full of No. 1's so that when some of them head home they are being traded for first round picks.

I do agree therr should have been a team in tassie in the first place before the GWS. The market doesnt have the potential but I do believe it would have been better embraced by the local area than what the Suns have been.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:46 am

Good win by the swans as well. That win puts them 1 game out of the 8 and 2 games off of 4th spot. % seems ok so they are a good chance of sneaking into the 8 at the moment. But its such an even season at the moment. Good for football.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby nuggety goodness » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:49 am

stan wrote:Good win by the swans as well. That win puts them 1 game out of the 8 and 2 games off of 4th spot. % seems ok so they are a good chance of sneaking into the 8 at the moment. But its such an even season at the moment. Good for football.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Good for football in general - yes

Good for football tips - NO!

Who knows, Sydney might finish 8th and romp in the flag.. and the ONLY reason that will happen is because of the weeks break leading into finals.... [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:21 am

When it came to the clutch they were pathetic last night, I tipped them with a bit of confidence and watched most of the game, should be winning games like that at home. They play very much a 'bruise free' style of footy and that's not going to get them anywhere, they need to get some c**t about them or something. Carlton simply wanted it more last night.

Gibbs was outstanding, a footballer can't have more of a complete game like he did last night.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:35 am

The Dark Knight wrote:

When it came to the clutch they were pathetic last night, I tipped them with a bit of confidence and watched most of the game, should be winning games like that at home. They play very much a 'bruise free' style of footy and that's not going to get them anywhere, they need to get some c**t about them or something. Carlton simply wanted it more last night.

Gibbs was outstanding, a footballer can't have more of a complete game like he did last night.

He is obviously enjoying footy this year so it will be interesting to see if he tries to return to SA at the end of the year.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:43 am

Carltons biggest turnaround is Liam Jones. His last two weeks he has been awesome at CHB
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:19 am

Brodlach wrote:Carltons biggest turnaround is Liam Jones. His last two weeks he has been awesome at CHB

Yeah he has always shown a bit but never really settled in a spot due to form and injuries.
CHB looks a good fit for him.
Also helps when you're winning and have other players around to help out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 am

gadj1976 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

He is obviously enjoying footy this year so it will be interesting to see if he tries to return to SA at the end of the year.

Nah with his current form we'll ask the Crows for 3 first rounders now :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL