Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Talk on the national game

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:It's the end result of spending so many decades looking down on everyone else.

That's irrelevant to 90% of AFL supporters.

Like many Power supporters he is living off the memories created by the Magpies. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:56 pm

HH3 wrote:I follow a lot of overseas sport. Moreso than AFL these days. Its really shown me that AFL supporters in general will very quickly turn on their own players.

My NFL team made the worst signing in history last year, and the fanbase were pissed. But during the season they rooted for him to succeed.

Now hes been traded and the fanbase is ecstatic hes gone. But they really did stick by him when he was wearing our jersey.

Ive also realised that a lot of AFL supporters are front runners and only ever hear from them when their teams doing well.

In other sports, fans from teams who havent had a good season in 15 years are still very vocal and talk about their teams all the time.

Have to disagree, the most vocal fans on here havent had a good season in 19 years, they still carry on arrogantly as though they are the team for the whole state or something
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 pm

By far the most common sayings at Bombers games are "Man up" and "kick the ******* thing"
We also are very quick to get stuck into our own players and nobody loves jeering their own more than us
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:By far the most common sayings at Bombers games are "Man up" and "kick the ******* thing"
We also are very quick to get stuck into our own players and nobody loves jeering their own more than us

True story. I played in a corporate golf day many, many years ago. Mate of mine organised the day, so he put me in the same group as a bloke who carved out an ok AFL career, with a Melbourne based club who "roar" every so often. At that time he was an assistant coach for a club down Rosewater way. Anyhow as the day unfolded we eventually started talking footy. I asked him who has the worst set of supporters... his immediate response, within a heartbeat was the Bombers... funny thing, a season or so later he was coaching them! Mind you he didn't last long there, and he is a shit-house golfer!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Jim05 wrote:By far the most common sayings at Bombers games are "Man up" and "kick the ******* thing"

True story. I played in a corporate golf day many, many years ago. Mate of mine organised the day, so he put me in the same group as a bloke who carved out an ok AFL career, with a Melbourne based club who "roar" every so often. At that time he was an assistant coach for a club down Rosewater way. Anyhow as the day unfolded we eventually started talking footy. I asked him who has the worst set of supporters... his immediate response, within a heartbeat was the Bombers... funny thing, a season or so later he was coaching them! Mind you he didn't last long there, and he is a shit-house golfer!

Good old Matthew Knights!
Was booed at the Presentation for his coaching announcement and despite getting us into finals the members wanted his head. He was a terribly ordinary coach at AFL level.
Was sacked with a 2 years to run on his contract. True story that he was guaranteed by the board to coach in 2011 and one of our major coterie members absolutely hated Knights and asked the CEO what his payout figure would be if the club parted ways. When told the figure this bloke wrote out a cheque on the spot for the amount plus a little bit more, 2 days later Knights was gone. Unfortunately Hird came [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I've been to a couple of Dons games at etihad as a neutral supporter and found their supporters incredibly passionate and the loudest I've ever heard. Could have something to do with the roof closed but found it an awesome atmosphere
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Cats fans would have to be the best supporter group to hang shit on after this week's lamentable performance out West. A decent side would have beaten us by ten goals on Thursday.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Zartan wrote:Crows supporters top 3 comments (also was my grandpa's only "expert comments" he ever threw out watching his beloved Cows):

"Aww just kick the ball long!"
"Dont piss fart around with handballs, just kick the bloody thing!"
"Baaaaaaaaaaallllll!!!!"

:D

JUST KICK IT. MAN UP. BALLLLLLL

I said to a mate last friday - i wonder how long it will take for the old farts to realise that nobody "mans up" anymore and it is all about zones etc. reckon it will take years

Being an Adelaide Oval member ive heard a few funny comments by the Crows supporters. 2 that I can remember were The first one was from some old chook who sat in front of me at a Crows v Sydney game. Buddy kicked one from about 60 in front of us and this old chook yells out You're no Eddie Betts. I just happened to mention to her how many premierships and coleman medals he's won.

The other one was when I was at the Crows v Essendon game this season and some bloke got stuck into James Kelly. Calling him a Geelong reject. Probably calls Davis, Gunston, Danger Crow rejects aswell
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Unlike Davis, Gunston and Danger, James Kelly was in fact delisted by Geelong mate.
MW
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:17 pm

MW wrote:Unlike Davis, Gunston and Danger, James Kelly was in fact delisted by Geelong mate.

Isn't it worse that those players CHOSE to leave the Crows then?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:21 pm

HH3 wrote:
MW wrote:Unlike Davis, Gunston and Danger, James Kelly was in fact delisted by Geelong mate.

Minor detail... :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:30 pm

HH3 wrote:

I was responding to him saying kelly isn't a geelong reject and comparing him to the crows players who choose to leave.
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 pm

All players who retire are delisted.
Jim05
Coach

Postby The Jack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:The other one was when I was at the Crows v Essendon game this season and some bloke got stuck into James Kelly. Calling him a Geelong reject. Probably calls Davis, Gunston, Danger Crow rejects as well

Was "some bloke" you MW? :D
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby MW » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:39 pm

lol nope just giving facts!
MW
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 am

Booney wrote:Adelaide. Their fans even go on forums trying to get some sort of affirmation that other supporter groups are preferred targets to them.

Here endeth the lesson. No sign of the originator of this topic for some time now. Could it be too much sh&t was hung on him?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby thegrowler » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Adelaide. Their fans even go on forums trying to get some sort of affirmation that other supporter groups are preferred targets to them.

Here endeth the lesson. No sign of the originator of this topic for some time now. Could it be too much sh&t was hung on him?

Or perhaps I have a life, family, play and coach and come on here once a week when I'm bored and the footy is on.

I'm not your still posting at 2am with half witted troll posts type operator.

Each to their own though.
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby stan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:48 am

thegrowler wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Or perhaps I have a life, family, play and coach and come on here once a week when I'm bored and the footy is on.

You mean this site is not the centre of your existence???
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 am

thegrowler wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

@carey is he talking to you? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:53 am

thegrowler wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

You're so cool.

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL