New Clubs for 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Its always subjective...

BTW I suggest if SFL clubs were going to move it would be to other neighbouring leagues, not the Ammo's
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 am

cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Why are all these clubs looking at leaving SFL?

Because the SFL directors have had their head in the sand for too long....

Clubs have the power now, not the Directors.

People hear all the bad things about the SFL, but there are plenty of positives, full day of footy, juniors connected to the footy club by playing the same day as the seniors, tribal nature of playing against your neighbours every week, now well supported by South Adelaide, good crowds....essentially country footy in the city.

To top this off the SFL beat GSFL 2 weeks ago, GSFL widely acknowledged as the best country league in the state.

I reckon you're going to get some arguments on that one from the BL&G folk.

KNTFL might have something to say about it too!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 am

Seen a few KNTFL matches. Teams down there would get smashed by Willunga, Yank and BL&G top end teams.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 am

Given a Hills League side is also expressing some interest, Marion would seem to have more than a toe in the water and there are only 3 spots the maths might be pretty tight if there were any other clubs wanting to join. Indecision could prove costly.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 am

jo172 wrote:Given a Hills League side is also expressing some interest, Marion would seem to have more than a toe in the water and there are only 3 spots the maths might be pretty tight if there were any other clubs wanting to join. Indecision could prove costly.

Can you let FC know whether the Hills team is on the flat or "over the hill" :lol:

Only 3 spots? could be a chance to get rid of a few problem Northerners?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 am

jo172 wrote:Given a Hills League side is also expressing some interest, Marion would seem to have more than a toe in the water and there are only 3 spots the maths might be pretty tight if there were any other clubs wanting to join. Indecision could prove costly.

Is that the same club that was 100% definitely leaving to go to SFL a few years ago & has been rumoured to be leaving every year since
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 am

cracka wrote:

Is that the same club that was 100% definitely leaving to go to SFL a few years ago & has been rumoured to be leaving every year since

Id say so! Same as Houghton playing HFL!!!!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby jo172 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 am

Not Kangarilla (if that's what I understand the suggestion to be)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 am

Dutchy wrote:

Can you let FC know whether the Hills team is on the flat or "over the hill" :lol:

Only 3 spots? could be a chance to get rid of a few problem Northerners?

Nobody likes a smartarse Dutchy :lol:

IF there are only X amount of spots and IF there are more than X amount of clubs wanting to join- I wonder if preference might be given to clubs that already have womens teams associated?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:37 am

I'm told this is a real picture of the last Executive meeting
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 am

More likely
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seen a few KNTFL matches. Teams down there would get smashed by Willunga, Yank and BL&G top end teams.

Ignore "am Bays", he gets seduced by any team or comp with a few familiar Glenelg names. With any league you have to look beyond the hired guns and talented locals who have returned to their country club after stints in the SANFL. Depth is key and I think KNTFL like many of the country leagues 150km plus from the city drop right off in depth once you go past the blokes names you see in the best players and goals every week. 11 towns/clubs in the KNTFL also spreads the talent thinly.

But it's all relative and an even competitive competition such as the GSFL and BLG is ultimately better for a league and this looks to be where the SFL is heading pending the future of the 2 clubs being mentioned. The SFL was at it's worse for embarrassing scores in the mid 2000's which was just as much due to how strong the top 4 to 6 clubs were in that era. I wouldn't think any current SFL or country team being at the level as those top SFL teams and the dominant Tanunda and Willunga teams from that era.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:55 am

jo172 wrote:Not Kangarilla (if that's what I understand the suggestion to be)

#-o
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am

cracka wrote:

jo172 wrote:Not Kangarilla (if that's what I understand the suggestion to be)

Blackwood is who I was talking about
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm hoping to get a new set of clubs for Christmas.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm hoping to get a new set of clubs for Christmas.

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seen a few KNTFL matches. Teams down there would get smashed by Willunga, Yank and BL&G top end teams.

Ignore "am Bays", he gets seduced by any team or comp with a few familiar Glenelg names. With any league you have to look beyond the hired guns and talented locals who have returned to their country club after stints in the SANFL. Depth is key and I think KNTFL like many of the country leagues 150km plus from the city drop right off in depth once you go past the blokes names you see in the best players and goals every week. 11 towns/clubs in the KNTFL also spreads the talent thinly.

But it's all relative and an even competitive competition such as the GSFL and BLG is ultimately better for a league and this looks to be where the SFL is heading pending the future of the 2 clubs being mentioned. The SFL was at it's worse for embarrassing scores in the mid 2000's which was just as much due to how strong the top 4 to 6 clubs were in that era. I wouldn't think any current SFL or country team being at the level as those top SFL teams and the dominant Tanunda and Willunga teams from that era.

:lol: :lol:

I think the point you make about Depth is Apt you @Down the Hill 8)

I'm sure Penola, Padtheway and this year Mundulla could hold there own against the better teams of the GSFL and B&LG league in much the same way Border Districts and Kingston would struggle. Country/Amateur and metro footy strength is always measured by its depth and the more/quicker it drops away the more you make an argument for that particular team/league being weak compared to it's peers.

PS Based on some of the recruits this year I should be all over the BL&G ATM ;)
am Bays
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League