Round 10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 10

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Pseudo wrote:Eagle holds the ball to Josh Scott's belly, Scott has both arms in the air, gets pinged for holding the ball.

Joke.

It is a joke but that is paid week in week out in AFL. I think the player has to at least attempt to knock it out. One of many vagaries of the holding the ball. The mark by Bornholm on 3/4 seemed to be taken as the siren blew watching the tele. 50-50 decision. The bay played well for 2 1/2 quarters band should have been well ahead but the Eags totally dominated the last 1/4 and should have won by more based on that 1/4.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:41 pm

We won we won we won!

364 days since our last win
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 pm

goddy11 wrote:The mark by Bornholm on 3/4 seemed to be taken as the siren blew watching the tele. 50-50 decision. The bay played well for 2 1/2 quarters band should have been well ahead but the Eags totally dominated the last 1/4 and should have won by more based on that 1/4.

At the ground it was clear to everyone bar the umpire the siren went before the mark. That & the soft free prior to Hall which also resulted in a goal really changed momentum. Glenelg had their chances in the 3rd qtr to blow it out to 6-7 goals but blew their opportunities. The last qtr was disappointing, totally outmuscled.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Spargo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:The mark by Bornholm on 3/4 seemed to be taken as the siren blew watching the tele. 50-50 decision. The bay played well for 2 1/2 quarters band should have been well ahead but the Eags totally dominated the last 1/4 and should have won by more based on that 1/4.

At the ground it was clear to everyone bar the umpire the siren went before the mark. That & the soft free prior to Hall which also resulted in a goal really changed momentum. Glenelg had their chances in the 3rd qtr to blow it out to 6-7 goals but blew their opportunities. The last qtr was disappointing, totally outmuscled.

sounds like a John McEnroe quote.
December 13, 2004:: "It goes back to the days when I was a kid and we called out our own lines. I was taught if there's a doubt, don't call it in, if there's not a doubt call it out."
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Looking at the ladder, I'm still shocked Central have only won 2 games. What is wrong out there. On Paper a good side. Strong support and financially stable.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

sounds like a John McEnroe quote.
December 13, 2004:: "It goes back to the days when I was a kid and we called out our own lines. I was taught if there's a doubt, don't call it in, if there's not a doubt call it out."

Ummmm, ok.

Spargo
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Just saying I think your eye hearing co-ordination may be a bit biased. Watch the tele, Bornholm seemed to mark as the siren sounded. Not sure if its a correct decision or not but you cant say it was a clearly wrong decision. I would be unhappy if it went against us but don't do the umpire bash.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby Big Phil » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:04 pm

cennals05 wrote:Central couldn't have all their normal stats people today because the Crows are taking up all the space.

Simply not true.

I was there today and the SANFL Commentators chose not to sit in their usual spot, up the back of the stands.

We set our commentary up on a trestle table under the scaffolding, so there was at least 3 extra spots up there.

There was still plenty of room for all 3 of the Centrals stats team as well as entourage of Crows officials and interns.
Last edited by Big Phil on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Big Phil » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just saying I think your eye hearing co-ordination may be a bit biased. Watch the tele, Bornholm seemed to mark as the siren sounded. Not sure if its a correct decision or not but you cant say it was a clearly wrong decision. I would be unhappy if it went against us but don't do the umpire bash.

Doesn't matter when the siren sounds - the quarter concludes when the umpire acknowledges the siren sounding, raising both arms in the air like he is signalling a six in cricket.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just saying I think your eye hearing co-ordination may be a bit biased. Watch the tele, Bornholm seemed to mark as the siren sounded. Not sure if its a correct decision or not but you cant say it was a clearly wrong decision. I would be unhappy if it went against us but don't do the umpire bash.

Definitely sounded like the siren went before the ball was touched on the tv I was watching.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Lol - I don't need to watch the tele, I was there, in the pocket where it happened. It wasn't an umpire bash, just stating a fact.
I'm sure your non biased, whilst watching it from home opinion will be different ;)

Spargo
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:14 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Eagle holds the ball to Josh Scott's belly, Scott has both arms in the air, gets pinged for holding the ball.

Joke.

It is a joke but that is paid week in week out in AFL. I think the player has to at least attempt to knock it out. One of many vagaries of the holding the ball. The mark by Bornholm on 3/4 seemed to be taken as the siren blew watching the tele. 50-50 decision. The bay played well for 2 1/2 quarters band should have been well ahead but the Eags totally dominated the last 1/4 and should have won by more based on that 1/4.

One of the great things about the SANFL was that that AFL style shit wasn't in our comp. Unfortunately the gulf is getting narrower and narrower.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby ferret » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 pm

It all depends on how close you are to the siren and how far away the umpire is from the siren. Sound takes time to travel.
I was there and quite close to the siren, the siren went a split second before Borholm marked it, but I was not surprised the umpire paid the mark as I knew he would hear it slightly after I did.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Mickyj » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Spargo wrote:

Lol - I don't need to watch the tele, I was there, in the pocket where it happened. It wasn't an umpire bash, just stating a fact.
I'm sure your non biased, whilst watching it from home opinion will be different ;)

Glenelg oval must be very big because sitting on the side with the tennis courts the mark was taken after the siren went
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:54 pm

I watched the telly.

The mark was taken after the siren, no doubt, no grey area.

BUT

As I understand the rules, the quarter is not over until the ump signals acknowledgement of the siren. I would be very surprised if the ump could have done this in the split second between the siren and the mark. Therefore the mark stands.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Glenelg oval must be very big because sitting on the side with the tennis courts the mark was taken after the siren went

Good lord, you were sitting on the OTHER side of the ground.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Mickyj » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Spargo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Good lord, you were sitting on the OTHER side of the ground.

Yep I could clearly hear the siren being pressed to early as the final siren
Right behind number 7 for Glenelg who had very soft hands in the last term in the Eagles forward line two dropped marks which may have affected the game more if he actually held the marks .
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:49 pm

watched the 1st half before going off to do a spot of umpiring.

Despite us doing well in the 1st half I thought the eagles were more efficient and we were spending a lot of tickets building our lead.

Wasn't surprised to see the final score but will admit to not being happy about it.

Good coach is Godsy, the Eagles system of play is dependable against 21 blokes who have a crack but don't have the same amount of polish..
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby another grub » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Anyone who thinks that mark after the siren was fair is kidding themselves. Clearly after the suren. ******* joke
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 404 times

Postby another grub » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:04 pm

**** u Sanfl. .. cheating picks
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 404 times

PreviousNext